Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Anyone had your political yard signs stolen?

Old 10-18-04, 09:50 PM

Anyone had your political yard signs stolen?

Some asshead came though my neighborhood in Eau Claire, WI and swiped all the Kerry signs from everyone's lawn. I went down to my local campaign hq to get another one, and they were all out. The workers there told me they've had over 700 calls in the last three days about stolen Kerry signs, and this isn't a very big city. Now I'm sure there are plenty of places where Bush signs have been snagged also, but at least in my town it seems to have been mostly Kerry ones. They left everyone's Feingold signs so I guess that's something.

In the absence of a Kerry sign I reacted very maturely and painted a large wooden sign that says "Republicans stole my John Kerry sign." Three other neighbors have done simliar things, including one Vet who lost his Vetrans for Kerry sign.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen. And yes, I'm aware that it might not be Republicans who stole the sign. but it's obviously some malcontent, free-speech hating fascist asshats, so that means they are more than likely Republicans
Old 10-18-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've never had signs stolen, but during the 1993 Canadian election, I had a Reform Party sign defaced with spray-painted swastikas. Even though the candidate (Val Meredith) was so liberal as to be unelectable in many parts of the U.S.
Old 10-18-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Anyone had your political yard signs stolen?

Originally posted by Son-volt
I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen. And yes, I'm aware that it might not be Republicans who stole the sign. but it's obviously some malcontent, free-speech hating fascist asshats, so that means they are more than likely Republicans
And I suppose the people around my area who throw eggs at and spray paint obscenities on cars with Bush bumper stickers are just progressive thinkers, right?
Old 10-18-04, 10:44 PM

Re: Re: Anyone had your political yard signs stolen?

Originally posted by RoboDad
And I suppose the people around my area who throw eggs at and spray paint obscenities on cars with Bush bumper stickers are just progressive thinkers, right?
Lighten up, Frances. The smilie indicates that that last line wasn't a serious statement. I'm voting for John Kerry as if he's a real candidate with a vision to make this country a better place. That must mean I have a sense of humor.

Last edited by Son-volt; 10-19-04 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-19-04, 12:57 AM

Where exactly do you live? I'm not that busy right now.
Old 10-19-04, 01:57 AM

People stole all the Bush signs in our neighborhood a few weeks ago.
Old 10-19-04, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get why anybody would even want some ugly ass political sign in their yards. I am 100% convinced that not even the biggest moron alive would base their vote on seeing a sign in someone's yard.

During the 1984 election some idiots put up 3 giant Reagan signs in my front yard. Thankfully they where made from some really nice planks and plywood, that I was able to use to fix the floor of horse stall in my barn
Old 10-19-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Aunt came home from vacation and someone had put up a big Kerry/Edwards sign in her yard.
Old 10-19-04, 08:07 AM

Someone stole a Kerry sign out of my neighbor's yard last week.
Old 10-19-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here in Madison, jerks are stealing Bush signs and leaving swastikas on people's lawns.
Old 10-19-04, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by Bugg
I don't get why anybody would even want some ugly ass political sign in their yards. I am 100% convinced that not even the biggest moron alive would base their vote on seeing a sign in someone's yard.
Agreed. "Well, after reviewing all the issues over the last few months, I've decided to vote for Bush. Wait...some guy has a Kerry sign in his yard? Well, I guess I'll vote for him!"
Old 10-19-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So... they took my bush sign away
Old 10-19-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

instead they left purple hearts
Old 10-19-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've only heard of a select incident or two where someone had a Bush sign stolen out of their yard.
Old 10-19-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Re: Anyone had your political yard signs stolen?

Originally posted by Son-volt
I'm voting for John Kerry as if he's a real candidate with a vision to make this country a better place. That must mean I have a sense of humor.

That you do!
Old 10-19-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pass by a house on my way to work every morning that has 5-6 signs on their lawn (Kerry-Edwards, Vote Bush Out, Obama, etc). At least a couple of times a week, signs are either knocked down or missing entirely.
Old 10-19-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw a bumb the other day piss on Kerry sign..... i gave him $3 after that
Old 10-19-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I actually had a democrat friend add a Bush/Cheney yard sign to my front yard, at my request! A friend knew we wanted one, and she was driving by Bush campaign headquarters, so she stopped and got one for us.
Old 10-19-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Shoveler
I actually had a democrat friend add a Bush/Cheney yard sign to my front yard, at my request! A friend knew we wanted one, and she was driving by Bush campaign headquarters, so she stopped and got one for us.
Old 10-19-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had my Bush sign pulled out of the ground and torn up and left in my yard......

I bought a new one and taped thumbtacks across the back and sides in case some one wants to get grabby again.....
Old 10-19-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Shoveler
Yeah, and the next time it rains you'll have a Kerry/Edwards sign on your front lawn, and colorful goo on the grass under it.

Those democrats will stop at nothing I tell you. Nothing!

Old 10-19-04, 11:49 AM
Premium Member

I had someone put a BUSH sign in my yard
Old 10-19-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone stole my "Legalize Bestiality--Vote Yes on Prop 3" sign the other night.
Old 10-19-04, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Spanky BananaPants
Someone stole my "Legalize Bestiality--Vote Yes on Prop 3" sign the other night.
Sorry...but that sexy goat on the sign was too tempting.
Old 10-19-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Almost.

Last week I decided I would take my lunch at home because I had some leftover rabbit stew I made the other night. While I had a bowl of it in the microwave I was looking out my front window and saw a guy in my neighbors lawn pulling out his Bush sign, then he started walking over to my lawn. I thought to myself why is this idiot walking over to a yard that has a patrol car sitting in the driveway? I stepped outside just as the guy was pulling my Bush and NRA signs from the ground. The look on his face was great as he realized he was thieving from a cop, priceless.

I arrested him and I didnít get my rabbit stew for lunch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.