Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Poll: More Republicans Satisfied With Sex Lives Than Democrats

Old 10-18-04, 04:19 PM
Banned

Poll: More Republicans Satisfied With Sex Lives Than Democrats

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/News...=174461&page=1

Oct. 18, 2004 American Sex Lives 2004, a new "Primetime Live" sex poll conducted in conjunction with the ABC News Polling Unit, is among the most comprehensive surveys of its kind in decades and establishes a new, detailed picture of sex attitudes and behavior in America today.

The full results of this wide-ranging sex poll will be presented during a live, hourlong "Primetime Live" event airing Thursday, Oct. 21 (10-11 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

The "Primetime Live" sex poll answers many provocative questions that we have all wondered about, but have never dared to ask, including: how many Americans describe themselves as sexually "traditional" or "adventurous"; how often are Americans having sex; what are the sex habits of cheaters; and who is cheating with their co-worker and who is cheating in the workplace.

The poll analysis includes a breakdown by many subgroups, including region, age and even political party affiliation, which is the topic of results released today:

Of those involved in a committed relationship, who is very satisfied with their relationship?
Republicans 87 percent; Democrats 76 percent

Who is very satisfied with their sex life?
Republicans 56 percent; Democrats 47 percent

The poll analysis also reveals who has worn something sexy to enhance their sex life:
Republicans 72 percent; Democrats 62 percent

When asked whether they had ever faked an orgasm, more Democrats (33 percent) than Republicans (26 percent) said they had.

Among the factors that impact the survey results is that more men identify themselves as Republicans and men are more likely to say they are sexually satisfied and enjoy sex "a great deal." Also, Democrats are more likely to be women; and the poll results show that women are more likely to fake orgasms.

The American Sex Lives 2004 survey was conducted by telephone August 2-9, 2004, among a random, anonymous, national sample of adults 18-99 years old. The results have a 2.5-point error margin for all respondents; as in any poll, sampling error is higher for subgroups.
Old 10-18-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is only because I bone a lot of Republican girls.
Old 10-18-04, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dick_grayson
This is only because I bone a lot of Republican studs.
fixed!
Old 10-18-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Myster X
fixed!
you wish!
Old 10-18-04, 04:39 PM
Admin-MemeCat

I voted for my orgasm before I voted against it.
Old 10-18-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Is it considered a fake orgasm if I ask her to?
Old 10-18-04, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by dick_grayson
This is only because I bone a lot of Republican girls.
When asked whether they had ever faked an orgasm, more Democrats (33 percent) than Republicans (26 percent) said they had.
Apparently 26% of them.
Old 10-18-04, 05:10 PM
Banned

I found this the most interesting stat.
[QUOTE]The poll analysis also reveals who has worn something sexy to enhance their sex life:
Republicans 72 percent; Democrats 62 percent
QUOTE]

What "something" is leaves a lot to interpretation. Freaky GOP.
Old 10-18-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Contactsport1

What "something" is leaves a lot to interpretation. Freaky GOP.
Linked image

http://www.bobbydene.com/gown12.jpg

Old 10-18-04, 05:33 PM

It's easy to be satisfied when you don't know any better .
Old 10-18-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

just ask this guy.

Old 10-18-04, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WTF?

Criminals commit more crimes in months where ice cream is sold. Thus, ice cream is proven to cause criminal behavior.

Correlation does not equal causation. In fact, correlation does not even imply a significant link. You have to show why - not just guess at the link, but <i>prove</i> it. Any serious researcher knows this.

- David Stein
Old 10-18-04, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by sfsdfd
WTF?

Criminals commit more crimes in months where ice cream is sold. Thus, ice cream is proven to cause criminal behavior.
Yip, choose any two nonrelated events and you can easily find some correlation on something. It doesn't mean it's true.

The best example that gets people going is the electrical towers and brain tumors correlation study.
Old 10-18-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But what are the percentages of people who are very un-satisfied with their sex lives?
Old 10-18-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

More Republicans can afford better hookers so there ya go.
Old 10-18-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Two reasons for this:

1. The gender gap - men are more likely to be Republicans and more likely to be satisfied with their sex lives than women.

2. This also ties in with the same kinds of surveys that show Republicans and Conservatives in general are far more HAPPY with life and positive in their outlook than Democrats and liberals.

The surveys seem to go hand in hand.

If you're a bitter old capitalist-hating liberal living in the center of modern evil in the world(America), with things being one step away from mass soup lines at all times, and John Edward's "America is a flickering light" rhetoric ringing in your sensitive ears, then you're probably not gonna be too happy with much of anything, sex included. Unhappy people tend to be unhappy about everything, and liberals by survey (and hell, just by observation looking at their rhetoric and views), are simply not as happy and optimistic as Conservatives.
Old 10-18-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Conservatives happy? I thought conservatives were hiding under the bed with their gas masks, waiting for al Quida to release Sadaam's vast stockpile of chemical weapons over their town. While this would eliminate all the drug dealers, perverts, pedophiles, pickpockets and homeless people that make it impossible for them to leave their homes, it would kill the grass that their illegal mexican immigrant gets $1 an hour to maintain. And if all the grass is killed, it would make it easier for the CIA black helicopters to see where your school bus full of automatic weapons is buried. And then John Kerry will be in your front yard with a shovel.

Maybe that's why republicans have better sex lives than democrats. Since they're afraid to leave the house, they spend a lot of time in the sack.

Maybe that explains why there's so many of them all of the sudden too.
Old 10-18-04, 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by natesfortune
Two reasons for this:

1. The gender gap - men are more likely to be Republicans and more likely to be satisfied with their sex lives than women.

2. This also ties in with the same kinds of surveys that show Republicans and Conservatives in general are far more HAPPY with life and positive in their outlook than Democrats and liberals.

The surveys seem to go hand in hand.

If you're a bitter old capitalist-hating liberal living in the center of modern evil in the world(America), with things being one step away from mass soup lines at all times, and John Edward's "America is a flickering light" rhetoric ringing in your sensitive ears, then you're probably not gonna be too happy with much of anything, sex included. Unhappy people tend to be unhappy about everything, and liberals by survey (and hell, just by observation looking at their rhetoric and views), are simply not as happy and optimistic as Conservatives.

What an amazing load of crap.
Old 10-18-04, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Location: Now in the Mojave desert...but still, thankfully, outside Los Angeles
...and the number 1 reason Republicans are more satisfied with their sex lives...

they've gotten to fuck most of the US for the last four years.
Old 10-18-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Contactsport1
What an amazing load of crap.
Yup.
Old 10-18-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what if you're independent
Old 10-18-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's because Republicans have the cash to buy more hookers.
Old 10-18-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk God

WTF?

Correlation does not equal causation. In fact, correlation does not even imply a significant link. You have to show why - not just guess at the link, but <i>prove</i> it. Any serious researcher knows this.

- David Stein
I'm suprised you said that. I don't see where there is any try to link "cause" to this at all. It does not say that if you become a Republican, it will improve your sex life. It merely says that if you are a Republican you are likely more satisfied with your sex life than if you were a Democrat. It doesn't say why...it just says that it is.

Likewise, there is not causation in ice cream sales and crime, BUT there is a correlation, which is what this suggests. Similarly, if you are a Republican, there is a small correlation that you are more satisfied with your sex life. Simple correlation. Nothing more, and I don't read any more in the article than that.

I'm not a serious researcher, but I did take research methods in grad school.
Old 10-18-04, 11:44 PM

WTF?

- David Stein
I thought they sold ice cream every month of the year? What months do they not stock it in the grocery stores where you make this causation?
Old 10-19-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by rbbrew
I thought they sold ice cream every month of the year? What months do they not stock it in the grocery stores where you make this causation?
It is a well known statistical fact (and piece used for this argument) that as ice cream sales increase in Chicago, so do rapes. Obviously ice cream doesn't cause rape, so you cannot find a causation here, but there is a correlation. The other part of the problem is heat. As heat increases, so do ice cream sales, and rapes (or other crime). That's the moral of the lesson.

However, the above study didn't speak to causation that I could see, so it doesn't really matter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.