Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Electoral-Vote.com

Old 10-15-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Electoral-Vote.com

I assume that all of you are going to this site every single day... but in case you're not...

http://www.electoral-vote.com

Why should you go to this site?

First off, it will give you a good read on where the Electoral College vote stands. That is the only poll that matters, since national polls do not reflect the manner in which we elect a President.

Second, it will give you an overview of the polling process. It is astonishing just how whacked-out the polls are right now. Two polls can be taken on the same day with the same goal and produce widely different results. Even worse, several of the polling places are clearly "cooking the books", including Gallup and Zogby, which makes virtually anything you hear higly questionable. (Good example -- who won the last debate? If you say it was a tie, then you must be referring to the incredibly-biased ABCNews poll, with 38% Republican respondents compared to 30% Democrats. More neutral polls show Kerry winning by 8-12%.)

Lastly, the webmaster at the site always has some amazingly insightful and essentially non-partisan commentary at the bottom of each map. It will absolutely open your eyes. I cannot recommend this site enough, especially if you only occasionally dabble in politics, or if you think that WYSIWYG when it comes to the news.
Old 10-15-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

It is a fun site, and I look at it, but I don't find the methodology all that great.
Old 10-15-04, 12:20 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Interesting site, Mojo. Thanks for the link.
Old 10-15-04, 12:27 PM

Mojo, you just like the site, and promote it, because it supports your candidate!

Oh, wait...

Thanks for the link.
Old 10-15-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

the polls they use are considered questionable by many. but it takes a lot of work to keep that site up and i commend the webmaster for that
Old 10-15-04, 01:11 PM

This one is already being reference in the ONE AND ONLY poll thread http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=388737 Please continue the conversation there.

thanks