Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Bush Takes the Lead in Maryland

Old 10-13-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bush Takes the Lead in Maryland

Here's another example of why we shouldn't necessarily trust pre-election polling data. Maryland has never been considered a "battleground" state, having traditionally voted solidly for the Democrats year in and year out. Polls during this campaign season have consistently shown Kerry with a 10-12 point lead. While most folks "in the know" have conceeded Maryland's 10 electoral votes to the "blue" side of the ledger, it appears that the voters of the state have a different opinion.

As of yesterday's absentee ballotting, Bush has taken the early lead, 1-0, foreshadowing a possible 20 electoral vote swing in the Republican's favor.
Old 10-13-04, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Kerry lawyers are on their way to Maryland to contest early results as we speak."
Old 10-13-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nevermind

"Kerry lawyers are on their way to Maryland to contest early results as we speak."

I'm sure there were some "disenfranchised" Democratic voters that weren't allowed to vote !

Kerry is going to lose big electorally.
He is in for a big surprise.
Old 10-13-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bush Takes the Lead in Maryland

Originally posted by kenbuzz
As of yesterday's absentee ballotting, Bush has taken the early lead, 1-0, foreshadowing a possible 20 electoral vote swing in the Republican's favor.
....of course, I can only vouch for my own absentee ballot, but all the exit polls I conducted on myself have confirmed that Bush is currently in the lead.
Old 10-13-04, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Struz
I'm sure there were some "disenfranchised" Democratic voters that weren't allowed to vote !
I have a link to some Maryland disenfranchised Democrat voters.
Old 10-13-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Bush will not win Maryland, despite this big early lead.
Old 10-13-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Forget the lawyers...SEND JIMMY CARTER!!
Old 10-13-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i still haven't gotten my ballot

do any Marylanders know where I can find a phone # to call? I had originally found the form online, filled it out, sent a copy of my driver's license (1st time voter, registered by mail) and mailed it in. I still haven't gotten anything.

birrman54

Last edited by Birrman54; 10-13-04 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-13-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Bush Takes the Lead in Maryland

....of course, I can only vouch for my own absentee ballot, but all the exit polls I conducted on myself have confirmed that Bush is currently in the lead.
So this is a joke thread eh?
3/5
Old 10-13-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Re: Bush Takes the Lead in Maryland

Originally posted by Mordred
So this is a joke thread eh?
3/5
I thought it was apparent in the first post, and give it a 4.8/5 for originality
Old 10-13-04, 01:51 PM

I'd like to add that nothing would please me more than MD going for Bush (it'll never happen). It's not just because I want Bush to win, but nothing marginalizes a state more than consistently voting a certain way. If MD managed to convince everyone we were a 'swing' state, we might get some attention once in a while.

birrman54
Old 10-13-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Birrman54
I'd like to add that nothing would please me more than MD going for Bush (it'll never happen). It's not just because I want Bush to win, but nothing marginalizes a state more than consistently voting a certain way. If MD managed to convince everyone we were a 'swing' state, we might get some attention once in a while.

birrman54

Getting attention from presidential candidates is overrated IMO. I also wonder how much localities in the battleground states have to spend to provide logistical and police support for campaign rallies.
Old 10-13-04, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Getting attention from presidential candidates is overrated IMO. I also wonder how much localities in the battleground states have to spend to provide logistical and police support for campaign rallies.
good point, wasn't there an article posted earlier about an Ohio mayor (or some equivalent from another swing state) complaining about how the candidates visit and have the town pay the bill?

birrman54
Old 10-13-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
Good point.

I'm glad that here in Illinois there's almost no political ads at all. It's basically a Kerry state, and Keyes doesn't have any money to attempt a campaign

Peace and quiet
Old 10-13-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Good point.

I'm glad that here in Illinois there's almost no political ads at all. It's basically a Kerry state, and Keyes doesn't have any money to attempt a campaign

Peace and quiet

Same in DC, even with 3 jurisdictions: DC & MD are solid Blue and VA is solid Red. Of course, we have enough political crap to deal with as is.
Old 10-13-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Peace and quiet
Wish that was the case here. We're getting 3-4 political ads per commercial break in NE Wisconsin.
Old 10-13-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Birrman54
i still haven't gotten my ballot

do any Marylanders know where I can find a phone # to call? I had originally found the form online, filled it out, sent a copy of my driver's license (1st time voter, registered by mail) and mailed it in. I still haven't gotten anything.
Birdman:

The quickest way to find out what's going on is to call your county board of elections. The list for Maryland is at http://www.elections.state.md.us/cit...ty_boards.html

They're all open 8-5 M-F. If they have no record of receiving your request, you can just drive down there, identify yourself, get an absentee ballot and vote it all at the same time. If they have recieved your request, they should be able to tell you when it arrived and when they mailed your ballot back to you. Each ballot has a unique serial number, so even if your ballot is lost in the mail and shows up later, you can STILL vote in person... they'll just have a little extra paperwork to go through to invalidate the "lost" ballot to make sure you don't vote twice (you're not a Democrat, after all), but AFAIK you can't be disenfranchised.
Old 10-13-04, 04:49 PM

Birdman:

The quickest way to find out what's going on is to call your county board of elections. The list for Maryland is at http://www.elections.state.md.us/cit...ty_boards.html

They're all open 8-5 M-F. If they have no record of receiving your request, you can just drive down there, identify yourself, get an absentee ballot and vote it all at the same time. If they have recieved your request, they should be able to tell you when it arrived and when they mailed your ballot back to you. Each ballot has a unique serial number, so even if your ballot is lost in the mail and shows up later, you can STILL vote in person... they'll just have a little extra paperwork to go through to invalidate the "lost" ballot to make sure you don't vote twice (you're not a Democrat, after all), but AFAIK you can't be disenfranchised.
i'm at school, it's not a simple drive for me.

I'll give them a call.

birrman54
Old 10-13-04, 04:52 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Where's the poodle of this?
Old 10-13-04, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bhk
Where's the poodle of this?
Well, I can attest that none of the me's I interviewed voted for Kerry, and the actual exit poll count was 1-0 Bush. But if it's poodle you want, poodle you shall get:
Old 10-13-04, 05:09 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I want even more poodle.
Old 10-13-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bhk
I want even more poodle.
Okay, here's more:
Old 10-13-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And if you don't trust me, I'm certain you'd trust Dan Rather to give it to you straight: Click Here
Old 10-13-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And if you don't trust me, I'm certain you'd trust Dan Rather to give it to you straight: Click Here
Now I know it's bullshit

Close this lying thread
Old 10-13-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.