Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Left leaning Organization Responsible for Thounsands of Fake Voter Registrations!

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Left leaning Organization Responsible for Thounsands of Fake Voter Registrations!

Old 10-12-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

With just 21 days left until an election in which every vote will count, the 9News I-Team has uncovered voter registration fraud that could cause chaos on Election Day for hundreds, possibly thousands of Colorado voters.

9News has discovered a record number of fraudulent voter-registrations across the state. Secretary of State Donetta Davidson tells 9News she is concerned about what the I-Team has uncovered and wants those responsible prosecuted. "It has just gone rampant," she told reporter Deborah Sherman in an interview Monday afternoon.
Click on the link to watch the video of people laughing about it!

Dirty Trick Democrats At It Again!

Yes, this organization does not support Bush..I wonder what their motivations were??? Of course they are connected to moveon.org!

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=2412&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3546&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1595&cHash=f7e49c422c

Last edited by chanster; 10-12-04 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story....5&nav=168XRvNe
Old 10-12-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is going on all over. Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania, Colorado.

And the reports are almost exclusively referencing Democrats doing this fraud. The effort is simply massive.

One county, Franklin, I believe, in Ohio, now has more voters Registered than it has people in the entire county!

Bush needs to be up by at least 3% in the polls on the election day to erase the Democrat cheat factor.
Old 10-12-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, this organization does not support Bush..I wonder what their motivations were???
Apparently, their motivation was to sign up as many legitimate voters as possible. But they made the mistake of paying their workers per registration, and the workers decided to boost their income with fraudulent registrations.

Sounds like workers defrauding the organization, not the organization defauding the voting process. But feel free to spin this into a conspiracy theory.

- David Stein
Old 10-12-04, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Apparently, their motivation was to sign up as many legitimate voters as possible. But they made the mistake of paying their workers per registration, and the workers decided to boost their income with fraudulent registrations.

Sounds like workers defrauding the organization, not the organization defauding the voting process. But feel free to spin this into a conspiracy theory.

- David Stein
This isn't the only one. I'll get around to posting a big list of all the crap that's going on soon.
Old 10-12-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by natesfortune
And the reports are almost exclusively referencing Democrats doing this fraud. The effort is simply massive.
Heh. Nice absence of links to reputable sources. Getting your election loss response in shape already?

- David Stein
Old 10-12-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But they made the mistake of paying their workers per registration
Ummm..you think it is an honest mistake? You think they were honestly that guillable? Comspiracy theories? I leave that up to the "Bush was wired!!!" folks.
Old 10-12-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by chanster
Ummm..you think it is an honest mistake? You think they were honestly that guillable?
In order to reach this conclusion, you have to be strongly predisposed to the notion that Democrats as a class conspire to corrupt the democratic process. I am not.

Had the organization been Republican in nature, I would have reached the same conclusion.
Comspiracy theories? I leave that up to the "Bush was wired!!!" folks.
I didn't believe that one either. It made for an amusing but fictional concept. - Though the "let me finish" bit is still a little odd.

- David Stein
Old 10-12-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is no surprise at all.

ACORN is already being investigated for voter fraud in Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

The NAACP and the anti-bush group ACT, are also under investigation in Ohio. In Michigan the environmental/progressive group Public Interest Research Group and Project Vote are under investigation.

A former Florida ACRON director admits partisian tampering and voter fraud:

A field director for one of the many national partisan organizations trying to drum up votes in Florida admits to routine efforts to rig the outcome. They include submitting thousands of invalid voter registration cards, as well as failing to turn in boxes of cards filled out to register Republicans.

"There was a lot of fraud committed," said Mac Stuart, former Miami-Dade field director for ACORN. Among his allegations -- that ACORN "quality control" workers routinely kicked back Republican voter registrations while paying for Democratic ones. "They said they had enough," he said.

Last edited by wmansir; 10-12-04 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes! Its just an honest mistake that is happening independently in several different parts of the country.

Very coincidental. Very "honest"
From Florida

There was a lot of fraud committed," said Mac Stuart, former Miami-Dade field director for ACORN. Among his allegations -- that ACORN "quality control" workers routinely kicked back Republican voter registrations while paying for Democratic ones. "They said they had enough," he said.
That sure sounds honest!
Old 10-12-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Investigated doesn't equal convicted. Isn't Diebold under investigation for several dozen violations that are even more serious?

You can only assume guilt if you have a very serious bias and an agenda to push.

- David Stein
Old 10-12-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I will say that there seems to be a lot of reported fraud. Odd that most of what I have seen reported is from a side who accuses Bush of stealing an election.

I still think there is nothing wrong with making people physically show up and present ID in order to register to vote.

We probably need to clear the entire system and reregister everyone after this election.
Old 10-12-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Investigated doesn't equal convicted.
Oh yes, the nice fallback position. Too bad ACORN officials are already admitting they did it and/or witnessed voter fraud.
Old 10-12-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Investigated doesn't equal convicted. Isn't Diebold under investigation for several dozen violations that are even more serious?
From the things I have read, they are merely the target of alligations from groups like ACT. I haven't read anything about any investigations.
Old 10-12-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yes, the nice fallback position.
Fallback position? Man, you are completely unreasonable. Similarly, Bush should be "convicted" of having used a wiretap, simply because people are "investigating" the incident. You're clearly skewing this in your desired direction - that's not a sign of objectivity.

- David Stein
Old 10-13-04, 12:05 AM
Banned

that's not a sign of objectivity.

- David Stein
Those objective creatures are damned near extinct. I think I saw one about 6 or 8 threads ago. He was being stalked from two different sides by more than a few vicious bastards though, so you better hurry if you want a glimpse.
Old 10-13-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kvrdave
From the things I have read, they are merely the target of alligations from groups like ACT.
Really?
In light of security and accuracy concerns, the California Secretary of State Kevin Shelley "withdrew his approval of electronic voting machines throughout the state." Ten of the 14 counties that were set to use electronic systems can now "reapply for certification if they meet 23 new security conditions." But four counties that were using equipment made by Diebold Elections systems "are banned from using their touch-screens in November." <b>Shelley found "Diebold's persistent and aggressive marketing led to installation in a number of counties of touchscreen systems that were neither tested, qualified at the federal level, nor certified at the state level." Diebold is now under investigation for allegedly lying to Secretary of State officials.</b>
This one's not directly related, but very interesting:
Officials here have charged a former Diebold service technician with embezzlement in connection with a late May incident in which the tech allegedly took $24,000 from an ATM owned by a Diebold client, a northern California credit union.
And here are just a small number of the problems reported with Diebold machines:
The March 2 California presidential primary wasn't the only time that there have been problems with electronic voting systems. In a special election for a Florida state legislator in January <b>"134 people who used the iVotronic touch-screen machines didn't have a vote recorded in an election won by 12 votes." In a 2003 election in Georgia, "touch-screen machines registered 'yes' when voters voted 'no'" -- voters were advised by poll workers to cast the opposite of their intended vote.</b> In the Maryland 2004 presidential primary, "an unknown number of votes were cast on touch-screen machines manufactured by Diebold Inc. that presented the wrong candidate when the font was magnified.
And:
The gravest concern about EVMs involves industry secrecy and security. Because EVM software is owned privately, tampering and malfunctions cannot be corrected or detected by public officials, as only the manufacturing companies themselves may legally see EVM software or memory cards. This is especially worrisome both because dynamic files can be inserted into EMVs so that they self-destruct after an election, and because of apparent industry cover-ups. Internal e-mails from Diebold show that some programmers tried unsuccessfully to point out flaws. One reads, <b>“I have been waiting for someone to give me an explanation as to why Precinct 216 gave Al Gore a minus 16,022 when it was uploaded.”</b>

Breaches of company security are also a concern. Forty thousand files of EVM source code were found on a public Diebold Web site and remained there until a clean-elections advocate complained. In the days preceding a number of elections in 2002-2003, 15,000 Diebold e-mail messages were posted on the Internet with references both to software patches and to the lack of passwords on Diebold EVM databases. Diebold installed passwords.

EVMs have been used in a number of local elections, to entertaining results.

<b>• In Canal County, Texas, three Republicans won their races by exactly the same number—18,181—of votes. The election was not recounted.</b>

• In San Luis Obispo, all of Diebold´s EVMs inexplicably called into headquarters at precisely 3:15 p.m. and reported the mid-day tallies (it is illegal for anyone to see results until the polls close). These results then appeared on the corporate Web site.

<b>• In Georgia, Republicans enjoyed unexpected victories over Democrats in six races counted by Diebold EVMs which had received patches just before the election.</b> Diebold had reported the patches to election officials, who saw no need to actually look at the patches, and certified them over the phone. After the election, Diebold investigated the matter and found no problems. <b>Nonetheless, it felt compelled to destroy all the memory cards of the election.</b> Paper ballots are kept for 22 months.

• Florida´s last state elections included a race for governor in which Democrat Janet Reno ran against the president´s brother. <b>South Florida districts, heavily pensioner and heavily pro-Reno, reported that no votes at all were cast for governor in areas counted by ES&S EVMs.</b> After the election, ES&S checked into the matter and found some votes but could not say if these were all the ones that disappeared. Reno lost by 5,000 votes of 1.3 million cast.

• The winner of the Washington, Fla., city election won by 4 votes, though 78 electronic ballots came up blank. EVMs in Palm Beach, Broward County, Florida and New Jersey, also showed no votes.
Interesting that those anomalies consistently skew in the same political direction, isn't it?

But I presume that <b>natesfortune</b> will find no problem with any of this, since:
Diebold CEO Walden O'Dell wrote in a fundraising letter for President Bush last August that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." O'Dell is a Pioneer for Bush's reelection campaign - which means he has already raised at least $100,000 on behalf of President Bush.
- David Stein

Last edited by sfsdfd; 10-13-04 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-13-04, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Really?
Yes.

Originally posted by kvrdave
From the things I have read, they are merely the target of alligations from groups like ACT.
Perhaps you want to know facts. I only know what I posted from what I have read. So, yes....really.

What an odd question.
Old 10-13-04, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

• Florida´s last state elections included a race for governor in which Democrat Janet Reno ran against the president´s brother. South Florida districts, heavily pensioner and heavily pro-Reno, reported that no votes at all were cast for governor in areas counted by ES&S EVMs. After the election, ES&S checked into the matter and found some votes but could not say if these were all the ones that disappeared. Reno lost by 5,000 votes of 1.3 million cast.
That paragraph is oddly worded. The way it's written, it makes it sound like Reno was the Dem nominee and narrowly lost to Jeb Bush, but the incident they're discussing happened during the Democratic primary, which she lost to McBride.
Old 10-13-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

simply because people are "investigating" the incident.
Sorry, but if you read the articles it is past investigating - they have people admitting on camera or in print that they did these acts. That isn't a blogger saying Bush had a wire on him during the debates with no factual support.
Old 10-13-04, 01:50 AM
Banned

Where's Al Sharpton???
Old 10-13-04, 02:02 AM

The people that are doing this should spend time in prison for this. Nothing Less. This is VERY serious, and to think that these employees are not even losing there jobs over this, let alone being prosecuted, is disturbing. This is fraud at its worst - we are deciding who will be elected to the position of the most powerful person in the World, not aquiring extra food stamps Fucking Sad
Old 10-13-04, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How about Oregon's Secretary of State, Bill Bradbury, who is "interpreting" the Oregon constitution, which prohibits convicted felons from ever voting, to say that it only means "when they are lodged in a state prison."

He, and the state democrat party, are going into county facilities and registering felons to vote. Of course, in Oregon, this isn't seen as illegal, or even unethical. It is seen as progressive.
Old 10-13-04, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know someone in Colorado who registered about 20-30 times
Old 10-13-04, 05:54 AM

Democrats perpetrating voter fraud?? Naw, not the Democrats!

It's too damn easy to register to vote in this country. You should be required to drag your ass down to a local government office and fill out the forms in person. If you can't spare your lunch break to go down and register your apathetic ass, then you shouldn't be deciding the direction the country takes anyway.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.