Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Indictment of Kerry to be given to the Senate tomorrow?

Old 10-12-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Indictment of Kerry to be given to the Senate tomorrow?

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/m...20041008.shtml
His treasonous actions in 1970-1971 are the subject of an indictment that will be delivered to Senate President Dick Cheney, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and Attorney General John Ashcroft on 12 October. The indictment notes both Kerry's UCMJ and U.S. Code (18 USC 2381) violations, and it calls for his disqualification for public office in accordance with the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3, which states: "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President...having previously taken an oath...to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."
I have no idea on the credibility level of the source. prbably just some wacko rambling. But if not, could this be a huge problem for Kerry?
Old 10-12-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Indictment of Kerry to be given to the Senate tomorrow?

This guy is a total nutjob. To wit:
Kerry can't have it both ways. There is a direct correlation between his undermining of U.S. and Allied resolve in the war against terrorism -- specifically on the Iraqi warfront with Jihadistan -- and American and Allied causalities on that front. Those forces, including countless Iraqis, are being injured and killed in larger numbers because of the political dissent Kerry and his ilk are fomenting.

During Tuesday night's vice-presidential debate, John Edwards unwittingly provided the evidence for this very correlation: "We lost more troops in September than we lost in August; lost more in August than we lost in July; lost more in July than we lost in June."
Yes, it's Kerry's fault more troops are dying. Of course I don't care because I've gotten two raises since Kerry started running for office and that's obviously his doing as well.

Repeat after me... correlation does not equal causation!
Old 10-12-04, 12:40 AM

Seriously doubt it'll go anywhere... esp considering most of the time in the senate today seemed to be open campaigning for Kerry. I'm not even sure what the actual business of the day was but all the talking points were being brought out in continuous secession. The most interesting part though was a couple of talking points I hadn't heard anywhere else but here and there Granted I'm not on the DNC newsletter so maybe that's where the DVDtalk people got their info from... on other hand it makes me wonder how many of our recent additional members (on both sides) are going to quitely fade away after the election
Old 10-12-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think townhall.com is a conservative site, but their sources are usually reliable. I can't see something like this happening though. Surely the mass media would have picked it up by now.
Old 10-12-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Ranger
I think townhall.com is a conservative site
You sure about that?

Maybe this is the October Surprise
Old 10-12-04, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that banner wasn't on the OP's link, but good detective work, Tsar!
Old 10-12-04, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tsar Chasm
You sure about that?

Maybe this is the October Surprise
at least they're honest

birrman54
Old 10-12-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
not sure about the mass media picking it up
I haven't heard squat from the lamestream media about the Green and Libertarian party candidates getting arrested trying to get into the debate the other night
Old 10-12-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since this seems far-fetched. So just for the sake of discussion, hypothetically, what would happen if this indictment were true and binding in a Constitutional way?

Last edited by SunMonkey; 10-12-04 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-12-04, 06:50 AM

Since this seems far-fetched. So just for the sake of discussion, hypothetically, what would happen if this indictment were true and binding in a Constitutional way?
I can only assume Kerry would lose his position as senator and be disqualified from running for President. The Dems would most likely switch to Edwards and come up w/ someone for the VP slot.

Actually a strict reading of the wording above (I haven't checked the source document though) would seem to say he's not restricted from being President, just from being an elector of President (aka the EC).
Old 10-12-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, did the guy do it?
Old 10-12-04, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if so it's not on the news

Originally posted by SunMonkey
So, did the guy do it?