Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Old 10-11-04, 05:21 PM
  #1  
2017 TOTY Winner
Thread Starter
 
Save Ferris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,578
Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Will the world govt's ever give the US props for not planting any WMDs when it would be SO easy for us to have done so?

Will our integrity in this matter ever reap us any reward with terrorists/critics?
Save Ferris is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:00 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a land far, far away.
Posts: 966
Re: Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Originally posted by Save Ferris
Will the world govt's ever give the US props for not planting any WMDs when it would be SO easy for us to have done so?

Will our integrity in this matter ever reap us any reward with terrorists/critics?
So you want the world to pat us on the back for not being self serving unethical pricks for not planting evidence? They don't owe us shit.
Contactsport1 is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:01 PM
  #3  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Blu-Ray: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Petition
Posts: 6,677
A smarter leader would have planted them.

I mean, seriously, how hard would it be? We gave them the WMDs back in the day, so we would only need to go through some old stockpiles and plant similar materials. It would have saved the US a lot of heartache and garranteed a Bush victory in November.

But again, only a smart person could think of such a thing.
joshd2012 is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:05 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
nevermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Illinoyze
Posts: 10,514
Please. Almost everyone I knew against the war was already talking about us planting them if none were found, including many on this board. There was a fucking tinfoil shortage for months.
nevermind is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:40 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Originally posted by joshd2012
A smarter leader would have planted them.

I mean, seriously, how hard would it be? We gave them the WMDs back in the day, so we would only need to go through some old stockpiles and plant similar materials. It would have saved the US a lot of heartache and garranteed a Bush victory in November.

But again, only a smart person could think of such a thing.
So Clintonesque. No wonder he is a hero.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:42 PM
  #6  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Stars
Posts: 1,330
Five posts in and it's already Clinton's fault. Now that's rich.
Captain Pike is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:48 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
How is it Clinton's fault? I just think that it is wrong for someone to actually admire planting stuff rather than not. Does that not seem odd to you?
kvrdave is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:50 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Lower Gum Curve
Posts: 19,044
Re: Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Originally posted by Save Ferris
Will the world govt's ever give the US props for not planting any WMDs when it would be SO easy for us to have done so?
It's not election day yet. They still have three weeks to "find" something.
Jason is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 06:59 PM
  #9  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a land far, far away.
Posts: 966
Re: Re: Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Originally posted by Jason
It's not election day yet. They still have three weeks to "find" something.
Heh. Maybe they'll have Osama shipped to the "find" as icing on their cake. "Look WMD's and Osama."
Contactsport1 is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:09 PM
  #10  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Blu-Ray: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Petition
Posts: 6,677
Originally posted by kvrdave
How is it Clinton's fault? I just think that it is wrong for someone to actually admire planting stuff rather than not. Does that not seem odd to you?
The American public wants answers. They don't care if it is truthful or not.

The US Government gave the American public an answer to who shot JFK. Was it the real answer? Don't know. Do most people accept it as the real answer? Don't know. Is it talked about on the news regularly? No.

I'm not saying he should have done it, but I am saying a smart man would have at least tried. Millions of people believed Bush when he said there was WMDs, why wouldn't they believe him when he said he found them?
joshd2012 is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:12 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=279914
Venusian is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:30 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 39,518
Originally posted by kvrdave
How is it Clinton's fault? I just think that it is wrong for someone to actually admire planting stuff rather than not. Does that not seem odd to you?
And I think it's odd that people are looking to pat Bush on the back because he didn't plant weapons. I mean, I didn't kill anyone today (yesterday either). Where's my medal?
JasonF is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:31 PM
  #13  
bhk
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Right of Atilla The Hun
Posts: 19,749
I didn't kill anyone today (yesterday either). Where's my medal?
John Kerry threw it away.
bhk is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:33 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 39,518
Originally posted by bhk
John Kerry threw it away.


By the way ''could of planted WMDs?" "Could of?" What the hell is that? The phrase you're looking for, Save Ferris, is "could have."
JasonF is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 07:38 PM
  #15  
lurkr4vr
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sweeet Home Chicago!
Posts: 505
Originally posted by JasonF


By the way ''could of planted WMDs?" "Could of?" What the hell is that? The phrase you're looking for, Save Ferris, is "could have."
Thank you. I was just going to post the same thing.
MrMarketng is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 08:10 PM
  #16  
Premium Member
 
bfrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 20,623
I respect it. I was one saying that "we would" here
bfrank is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 08:20 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Originally posted by JasonF
And I think it's odd that people are looking to pat Bush on the back because he didn't plant weapons. I mean, I didn't kill anyone today (yesterday either). Where's my medal?
Personally, I can't imagine patting anyone on the back for not being deceitful.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 08:25 PM
  #18  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 22,995
Doesn't matter. Plant or not, if there are WMDs, you can bet some French author will release a book about WMDs conspiracy by George Bush.
Myster X is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:05 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The land of chocolate
Posts: 6,617
Originally posted by MrMarketng
Thank you. I was just going to post the same thing.
Yup. Me too. The pedants are about today.

For the record, you could have...easily. But if you'd been caught, then you would have really isolated yourselves. Even countries like the UK and Australia would likely have distanced themselves from their US relations.
naughty jonny is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:18 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: The L.A.
Posts: 18,122
Re: Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?

Originally posted by Save Ferris Do people care that the US *COULD* of planted WMDs?[/B]
No. It would bug me more that they could have planted WMDs.
DodgingCars is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:18 PM
  #21  
lurkr4vr
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sweeet Home Chicago!
Posts: 505
Originally posted by naughty jonny
Yup. Me too. The pedants are about today.

For the record, you could have...easily. But if you'd been caught, then you would have really isolated yourselves. Even countries like the UK and Australia would likely have distanced themselves from their US relations.
I'm not ususally that pedantic on the internet but this could of could have thing rubs a raw nerve in me. And it seems like more and more people are using it. Lazy English.
MrMarketng is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:29 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The land of chocolate
Posts: 6,617
Originally posted by MrMarketng
I'm not ususally that pedantic on the internet but this could of could have thing rubs a raw nerve in me. And it seems like more and more people are using it. Lazy English.
It does me too. I was just commenting on the fact that there were a lot of us commenting on it.

For me, the lose/loose thing bugs me just as much (if not more).
naughty jonny is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:30 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Originally posted by naughty jonny
Yup. Me too. The pedants are about today.
There's no proof whatsoever that MrMarketng has ever done anything improper with children and I think it's shameful that you would try to insinuate otherwise because of a simple grammatical misunderstanding.
dork is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:53 PM
  #24  
lurkr4vr
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sweeet Home Chicago!
Posts: 505
Originally posted by dork
There's no proof whatsoever that MrMarketng has ever done anything improper with children and I think it's shameful that you would try to insinuate otherwise because of a simple grammatical misunderstanding.
LOL
MrMarketng is offline  
Old 10-11-04, 09:54 PM
  #25  
lurkr4vr
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sweeet Home Chicago!
Posts: 505
Originally posted by naughty jonny
It does me too. I was just commenting on the fact that there were a lot of us commenting on it.

For me, the lose/loose thing bugs me just as much (if not more).
Two more that fucking slay me are

1. Here Here. Instead of "Hear Hear"

2. Please bare with me. What , you want me to get naked? It's bear.
MrMarketng is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.