Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

What is Teresa saying now?

Old 10-11-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is Teresa saying now?

From this article :

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ry_1&printer=1

"John will never send a boy or girl in a uniform anywhere in the world because of our need and greed for oil," Teresa Heinz Kerry told about 1,200 supporters at the McAllen Civic Center.

Does this mean that her husband plans to pull all our troops out of the middle east since her husband wouldn't be sending out troops anywhere because we need oil?

Does this statement make ANY sense?

I think they need to either shut her up or get better people to write her statements.
Old 10-11-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

she doesn't represent official policy of the Kerry Admin but there is technically nothing wrong with that statement.

our troops aren't in the ME for the oil...only. so he could keep them there without contradicting taht statement
Old 10-11-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh Teresa...

The one good thing if Kerry was elected is the endless supply of Leno jokes we'd get about Teresa.

Er, on second thought, that would get old.
Old 10-11-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Venusian
she doesn't represent official policy of the Kerry Admin but there is technically nothing wrong with that statement.

our troops aren't in the ME for the oil...only. so he could keep them there without contradicting taht statement
The Kerry camp cannot just send her out there wanting to get all the benefits of her campaigning for him, and then run and hide when she does/says something stupid. Can't have it both ways. If she is going to campaign for him the campaign has to be responsible for what she says.

If you listen to many democrats they certain make it sound like we are there only for the oil. What else are we there for? If not for the oil would we really get that involved, or would we basically ignore the middle east like we do Africa?
Old 10-11-04, 10:55 AM

Her statement when she called herself Miss. Fuzzy Wuzzy makes more sense than this.
Old 10-11-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you people give her too little credit. Not that she deserves a whole lot.

She's saying we would never go to war with oil as the objective... it's a jab at Bush (we all know that's what iraq was about, right? ) but there's nothing wrong with the message.
Old 10-11-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Thor Simpson
I think you people give her too little credit. Not that she deserves a whole lot.

She's saying we would never go to war with oil as the objective... it's a jab at Bush (we all know that's what iraq was about, right? ) but there's nothing wrong with the message.
If she means that we shouldn't go to war, that is fine, but that isn't what she said. She is supposed to be this real intelligent woman, right? She said he would not SEND troops, that is differant than go to war. We send troops all over the world.

And she didn't say we wouldn't go to war for bad reasons, she specifically said that he would not send troops because of our NEED for oil. So, does she mean that if something did happen to our oil supply he would not protect it? That IS what she is saying. If we need oil, oh well, John won't send troops.
Old 10-11-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wouldn't you like to see a debate between her and Mrs. Bush?
Old 10-11-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Mammal
If only...
Old 10-11-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Little pinkies in heaven
Old 10-11-04, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Mammal
Be careful what you wish for. Bush seems about as comfortable debating as a man with hot needle pressed against his sack.
Old 10-12-04, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh man, that little pinkies in heaven line did it for me. I truly believe she is almost completely insane. Either insane, or she just thinks she has so much money that it doesnt matter what she does.
Old 10-12-04, 06:34 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
she doesn't represent official policy of the Kerry Admin
Ah... Isn't the Kerry campaign using statements made by Laura Bush as representing official positions of the admin? I can't recall what it was but I seem to recall atleast one statement that was represented as such. Something about stem cells I think...
Old 10-12-04, 02:43 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Pay no attention to the sugar-mama behind the curtain.
Old 10-12-04, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by bhk
Pay no attention to the sugar-mama behind the curtain.