Political Film Discuss Documentary + Political Films

Requiem for the American Dream (2014) - Noam Chomsky

Old 05-31-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Requiem for the American Dream (2014) - Noam Chomsky

Watched this on Netflix last night and found it very interesting and at the same time disturbing.

http://requiemfortheamericandream.com

https://tribecafilm.com/filmguide/ar...can-dream-2015.

Through riveting and candid conversation, Noam Chomsky, regarded as one of the most important intellectuals alive today, provides the definitive discourse on the “Two Americas.” Filmed over the course of four years, the Chomsky interviews expose how a half-century of policies have created a state of unprecedented economic inequality: concentrating wealth in the hands of a few at the expense of everyone else.

At times deeply personal, these interviews take a closer look at Chomsky’s own activism and political involvement as well as diving into his profound insight on the death of the middle class and the end of functioning democracy. Requiem For the American Dream provides a unique opportunity to introduce Chomsky to a broader audience and to widen the discussion regarding events that deeply impact all of our lives. It’s an eye-opening vision of the American Dream and one not to be missed.

—Deborah Rudolph
Old 05-31-16, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Requiem for the American Dream (2014) - Noam Chomsky

Saw this on Netflix as well. Given that it is Chomsky, I discount it without knowing a single word of the documentary, but after having done that I merely judged it on what it said, and some was very compelling. Not an easy listen if you don't enjoy college lecture type stuff, but I enjoy those.
Old 06-30-16, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Requiem for the American Dream (2014) - Noam Chomsky

I have this in my pile, but haven't watched it yet.