Political Film Discuss Documentary + Political Films

TWA: Flight 800

Old 03-16-14, 05:39 PM
Suspended

TWA: Flight 800

TWA: Flight 800 (2013)

This provocative documentary examines the fate of TWA Flight 800 to Paris, France, which exploded in 1996 just minutes after takeoff from New York. - Netflix

Saw this online via NetFlix streaming. Pretty much confirms what I've always thought, which is, there was an external force which enabled the plane to explode.

The statements by the FBI (and amazingly the CIA) and others make the argument almost certain there was a successful act of manipulating evidence, and even attempts to tell witnesses what to say and think.
Old 07-06-14, 03:07 PM

Re: TWA: Flight 800

I'm happy to hear all the spoilers: who did it?

I'm open minded about the answer, but my biggest problem with all such conspiracy theories (at the time of the crash the main one was that it was a missile fired naval exercise gone wrong) is that there is no way any of the conspiracies involved could be kept secret for ever. People talk, tweet, blog, post YouTube videos and in general are very poor at keeping vast conspiracies secret.
Old 07-06-14, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Why the US Gov't went to such lengths to prevent evidence from going public, and outright lying about other evidence and manipulation of it, means there was more than just an electrical problem--or not an electrical problem at all.

Who is responsible for TWA 800 going down? I don't think we'll ever know. Buy you are correct, nothing stays kept a secret forever...but it can stay secret for a very long time.
Old 07-06-14, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The U.S. government covered up something. What they covered up will likely never be made public. Did a training exercise by the Navy or other armed force go awry?

Governments have learned in today's climate to deny, deny, deny, unless something is caught on videotape. There are few benefits to going public with information of this nature and more possible repercussions.
Old 07-17-14, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The anniversary of TWA 800 is today and another plane is shot down. Crazy. The documentary is great by the way.

I remember watching George Stephanopoulos during a 9/11 interview stating how they went into a situation room during the "TWA 800 bombing." That video is on YouTube.