DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   A roach just tried to climb into my ear!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/654083-roach-just-tried-climb-into-my-ear.html)

GatorDeb 10-25-21 10:46 PM

A roach just tried to climb into my ear!!!

There I was, laying in bed, minding my own business, letting the melatonin kick in while watching You, when something jumps into my ear. I jump and whack it away then I feel it in my hand and I shake off my body while jumping out of the bed. I run to my husband and tell him a bug just tried to jump in my ear and he comes to the bedroom and finally finds a cockroach squirreling off on the floor. He released it into the wild instead of killing it.

I still feel little bugs all over my body.

zyzzle 10-25-21 10:55 PM

Re: A roach just tried to climb into my ear!!!

Well... how many bugs have every one of us "eaten" while asleep? Or, so the urban legend goes. Icky, yucky stuff. Bugs stuck in ears is a serious business (infection, hearing loss, the 'yuck' factor, and the whole ghastly catalogue of horrors and sequelae). I hope it never happens to you, me, nor anyone else in this fine forum.

tanman 10-25-21 11:18 PM

Since the pandemic I've been stripping in my garage and leaving my pants there when I reuse them. A couple days ago I feel something crawling up my leg, which I occasionally feel but must be something else, I definitely feel like I smashed something against my leg when I slapped that spot. I shake my pants leg like crazy driving 80 down the highway. When I get to work sure enough I see a dead spider on the floor board.

Sonic 10-25-21 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 14003006)
I still feel little bugs all over my body.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...2f19a5c67e.gif

story 10-25-21 11:39 PM

Wow! AARJTTCIMET!

emanon 10-26-21 05:32 AM

This forum has gone to shit. Back in the day, TEK would have let it burrow in there for a few years, giving us regular updates on its activities.

Jaymole 10-26-21 11:01 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...22f116bb5.jpeg

Troy Stiffler 10-26-21 11:50 AM

They're coming for us. It's probably for the best. Have you seen the human species lately?

TomOpus 10-26-21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by story (Post 14003026)
Wow! AARJTTCIMET!

I lol'd.

But I have no idea what it stands for.

Deb should not move to Florida.

GatorDeb 10-26-21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 14003203)
I lol'd.

But I have no idea what it stands for.

Deb should not move to Florida.

Another A Roach Just Tried To Climb Into My Ear Thread.

Fun fact, I lived in Miami and Gainesville for 11 years.

TomOpus 10-26-21 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 14003208)
Another A Roach Just Tried To Climb Into My Ear Thread.

Fun fact, I lived in Miami and Gainesville for 11 years.

Maybe they miss you.

eXcentris 10-26-21 12:42 PM

Ages ago, when I worked in the Seychelles, one of my first comments was "fuck! cockroaches can fly???".

"Most species of cockroaches in Canada have wings but are not capable of sustained, powered flight."

MLBFan24 10-26-21 12:53 PM

House centipedes started to appear in California within the past decade. When I first saw them in my house, it was terrifying :lol:

GatorDeb 10-26-21 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 14003211)
Maybe they miss you.

:lol:

Kevin Phillips 10-26-21 03:13 PM

Just the though of something like that makes my skin crawl. :wacko:

GoldenJCJ 10-26-21 03:28 PM

Outside of seeing them in aquariums as food or in a bug exhibit at the zoo or something, I donít think Iíve ever seen a cockroach in real life. Iíve certainly never had them in any of the houses Iíve lived in. I just assume they donít live in Colorado.

Kevin Phillips 10-26-21 03:53 PM

I knew what they were, but didn't see any until I was in my 20's, moved across the country and got my first apartment on my own. Being young and naive, I had no idea I had rented a s---hole apartment in a s---hole neighborhood. I went into the kitchen late at night night to get a drink, turned on the light, and BAM!, a whole bunch scattered. Scared the piss out of me.

GatorDeb 10-26-21 03:57 PM

BTW I don't feel the empathy :lol: Men don't get what a traumatic experience that was. My husband was all like There the roach was, minding its own business, flying around, when BAM an ear appears out of nowhere.

Sonic 10-26-21 04:05 PM

I wonder what the roach wanted to whisper in your ear. :hscratch:

rw2516 10-26-21 04:10 PM

Do roaches have scouts? Every ten years or so I'll see one roach, just the one, no more. Usually you have one, you have a zillion. Maybe he was an advance scout looking for a dirty house for his buddies to invade. Maybe he was in a package I received.

GatorDeb 10-26-21 04:55 PM

We just had the whole house replumbed and there's tons of holes everywhere while we get a drywall person. I've only seen the one.

Norm de Plume 10-26-21 05:45 PM

Looks like your home camera system caught the whole harrowing incident. You should ask your husband what took him so long to come to your aid; what was he doing with that other dude?

GatorDeb 10-26-21 07:35 PM

You guys deliver :lol:

Mrs. Danger 10-26-21 09:24 PM

Was that a fire-breathing cockroach?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...cabbb50548.gif

zyzzle 10-26-21 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by eXcentris (Post 14003212)
Ages ago, when I worked in the Seychelles, one of my first comments was "fuck! cockroaches can fly???". ]

Hell, I learned that from the outstanding movies BUG (1974) and THE NEST (1988)! Highly, highly recommended as fantastic cockroch movies.