Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

"Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Other Talk "Otterville"

"Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Old 10-05-21, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

https://nypost.com/2021/10/05/florid...tudent-in-car/
A Florida middle school drama teacher was arrested Monday after allegedly having sex on multiple occasions with a former student in her car, a report said.

The alleged relationship between Brittiny Lopez-Murray, 31, and the 14-year-old student began after the teacher texted the teen in August about “her feelings toward” him, according to a police report obtained by the Miami Herald.

Lopez-Murray and the student — who is now in high school — exchanged texts detailing “how much they enjoyed the sex with each other,” the report said.

The teacher would sometimes pick him up after basketball practice and then the two would allegedly engage in sexual acts in her car, according to the report.

Lopez-Murray has taught at Hialeah Middle for four years and was named “rookie teacher of the year” in 2017.
Brittany Lopez-Murray allegedly had sex with a middle school student multiple times in her car.Miami Dade Corrections and RehabilitationThe alleged relationship was uncovered Saturday after the student’s sister saw explicit texts and photos between him and the teacher, the report said.

The boy’s father also found nude photos of Lopez-Murray on his son’s phone, according to the report.
Hialeah Middle School, where Lopez-Murray taught drama for four years.Google MapsThe Miami-Dade school district told the Miami Herald that Lopez-Murray will be fired in light of her arrest.

“All employees receive training and are expected to abide by the District’s Standards of Ethical Conduct policy. It is unfortunate that despite our efforts, the actions of some individuals run contrary to the behavior that is expected of them,” the district said.

Lopez-Murray was charged with lewd and lascivious battery, molestation, and engaging in a sexual act with a child.

One of the teacher’s lawyers, Landon Ray, said his client is “presumed innocent until proven guilty.

“We hope everyone is patient, doesn’t rush to judgment and respects the family’s privacy,” the lawyer said.

Last edited by CPA-ESQ.; 10-05-21 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-05-21, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 572 Likes on 444 Posts
re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

"enjoyed the sex with each other"????? Is that like, the verbatim text? Is she Charlize Theron's character from Arrested Development?
Old 10-05-21, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Props for the one-two punch before and after photos. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
Old 10-05-21, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 891 Posts

Well, now we know how she won that "Rookie Teacher of the Year" award.

Old 10-05-21, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 520 Likes on 298 Posts

I'll have to see a picture of the boy to determine guilt.
Old 10-05-21, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 260 Likes on 149 Posts

Tacher?
Old 10-05-21, 12:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime View Post
Tacher?
Thanks - I tried to fix it -- maybe a mod can update the title
Old 10-05-21, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This forum is slipping! Back in the good old days this would have 5 pages of "Guilty!" replies by now.
Old 10-05-21, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 233 Posts

Tacher?
I think he meant to type "toucher".
Old 10-05-21, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 190 Likes on 126 Posts

Tacher?
Someone didn't get enough one-on-one "tutoring" in high school.
Old 10-05-21, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tacher? He barely knew her!
Old 10-05-21, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 611 Likes on 442 Posts
Re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ. View Post
That look when you realize you flushed your career down the drain... PLUS paying back your student loan.
Old 10-05-21, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,514 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
This forum is slipping! Back in the good old days this would have 5 pages of "Guilty!" replies by now.
I was trying to decide if she was guilty or not guilty based on the two pictures posted in the OP. Ultimately, I’m going with Guilty. The first picture isn’t terrible but the more I look at it, the more it reminds me of a young Phyllis from The Office.
Old 10-05-21, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

When my youngest brother graduated from high school in 1981, there was a scandal like this at the school we attended (I was two years behind him and just completing my sophomore year). The teacher involved was also the cheerleader sponsor. The student was a senior and I think he was already 18. They actually got married right after graduation if I remember right. This happened in Independence, Missouri. Her name was Jennifer Mitchell, if I remember right. She didn't come back the following year (surprise, surprise) and I have no idea whether they stayed married. My brother and his friends basically treated it as a big joke, something that wouldn't have happened if it had been a male teacher and a female student, 18 or not.

EDITED TO ADD that I got nosy and looked everything up. My memory sucks after 40 years. This kid was in the junior class in 1981--born 1964--so he was only 17 They were married in 1983 and divorced in 1992. Looks like they had kids too. When they married, the license showed her as born in 1951. Oy.

I guess I am surprised there wasn't more of a stink about this back then. The RLDS church's world headquarters is in Independence and back then, the town was pretty strait laced. I was caught up in my own teenage shit at the time so I didn't pay much attention to the whole thing.

Last edited by Vibiana; 10-05-21 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-05-21, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 669 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I was trying to decide if she was guilty or not guilty based on the two pictures posted in the OP. Ultimately, I’m going with Guilty. The first picture isn’t terrible but the more I look at it, the more it reminds me of a young Phyllis from The Office.
Definitely guilty IMO.
Old 10-05-21, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 808 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
When my youngest brother graduated from high school in 1981, there was a scandal like this at the school we attended (I was two years behind him and just completing my sophomore year). The teacher involved was also the cheerleader sponsor. The student was a senior and I think he was already 18. They actually got married right after graduation if I remember right. This happened in Independence, Missouri. Her name was Jennifer Mitchell, if I remember right. She didn't come back the following year (surprise, surprise) and I have no idea whether they stayed married. My brother and his friends basically treated it as a big joke, something that wouldn't have happened if it had been a male teacher and a female student, 18 or not.

EDITED TO ADD that I got nosy and looked everything up. My memory sucks after 40 years. This kid was in the junior class in 1981--born 1964--so he was only 17 They were married in 1983 and divorced in 1992. Looks like they had kids too. When they married, the license showed her as born in 1951. Oy.

I guess I am surprised there wasn't more of a stink about this back then. The RLDS church's world headquarters is in Independence and back then, the town was pretty strait laced. I was caught up in my own teenage shit at the time so I didn't pay much attention to the whole thing.
Weeell, he did Marry her, was fruitful and multiplied, thus making make her an "Honest Woman" so Mid-West Family Values FTW.
Old 10-05-21, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

BTW, am i not supposed to want to smash the teacher who got arrested? Because I would...
Old 10-05-21, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Brittany Lopez-Murray
Most Brittanys and women with hyphenated names are troublemakers
Old 10-05-21, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Most Brittanys and women with hyphenated names are troublemakers
Ted: White trash name. Guess.

John: Mandy.

Ted: Nope.

John: Marilyn.

John: Brittany?

John: Tiffany.

John: Candace.

John: Don't fuck with me on this! I know this shit!

Ted: Do you see me fuckin' with you? I'm completely serious.

John: Alright, speed round. I'm gonna rattle off some names, and when I hit it, you fuckin' buzz it, okay? You got me?

Ted: You do it. I will tell you. Yeah.

John: Alright: Brandy, Heather, Channing, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Sierra, Bambi, Crystal, Samantha, Autumn, Ruby, Taylor, Tara, Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Chantelle, Courtney, Misty, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Noel, Shelby, Trina, Reba, Cassandra, Nikki, Kelsey, Shawna, Jolene, Urleen, Claudia, Savannah, Casey, Dolly, Kendra, Kylie, Chloe, Devon, Emmalou, fuckin' *Becky*?

Ted: No.

John: Wait; was it any of those names with a "Lynn" after it?

Ted: *Yes*.
Old 10-05-21, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 453 Likes on 275 Posts

This was in Hialeah?? I'm surprised that anyone in South Florida is surprised. The entire city is basically Havana or Caracas, depending on who you're asking. A lot of everything goes uninvestigated and/or unpunished there. The kid must have been connected.

Also: I was a teen of the 80s, went to a private school. It was the worst kept secret in the world that a track coach and history teacher was banging one of the cheerleaders. He was discreetly asked not to return the following year. Man how things have changed...

Old 10-05-21, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

I think they misunderstood what FCAT means.
Old 10-05-21, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Edit: GUILTY after viewing better picture quality on PC.
Would have to see her spread eagle to determine guilt.

Last edited by Sonic; 10-05-21 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Looks like Godzilla without makep
Old 10-05-21, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Well, now we know how she won that "Rookie Teacher of the Year" award.

This skit plays in my head every time one of these stories pops up.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (10-06-21)
Old 10-05-21, 10:09 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

She looks sad enough in the photo for me. Not guilty!
Old 10-06-21, 10:12 AM

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

It was a typo, she was "nookie teacher of the year"
The following 2 users liked this post by Quatermass:
Abob Teff (10-11-21), DaveWadding (10-07-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.