Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

"Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Other Talk "Otterville"

"Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Old 10-27-21, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 260 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

I had a couple of hotties for teachers. When I was a senior in high school, my English teacher was 25.
Old 10-28-21, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 42 Posts
Re: "Rookie Teacher of the Year" arrested for accused sex with 14yr old student in her car

Students give teachers a Lab Dance at a Kentucky HS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lap-dance...170226073.html
Old 10-28-21, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by will travel View Post

You would think the teachers or principal would have anticipated backlash from this and put a stop to it before it got very far.
Old 10-28-21, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by will travel View Post

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
You would think the teachers or principal would have anticipated backlash from this and put a stop to it before it got very far.
Either that, or the ASPCA might have stepped in.
Old 10-28-21, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 669 Likes on 471 Posts

I don't see a problem with the chemistry class having a dance.
Old 10-29-21, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 579 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
I don't see a problem with the chemistry class having a dance.
That was my first thought.

As for the sexuality of 14-year olds ... in the middle school that I work in, the girls are hyper-sexualized while the boys are still pretty dopey for the most part. Yes, some boys have hit the puberty growth spurts, but most of them are still trying to figure out how to live in their own skin. The girls are the ones primping, preening, and putting out the advertisements. There are a few that I will not be alone in a room with because of their behavior.
Old 10-30-21, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 473 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
There are a few that I will not be alone in a room with because of their behavior.
Hey, I thought it's a "rule" with all teachers now that they CAN'T be in the same room alone with a student of the opposite sex. At least it is in my area, liberal, PC, nanny-state Calif. Not sure about MS (isn't that where you teach?). But, man, those girls KNOW, they just want to catch you off ONCE, and once that's done, they'll fuck up your life. Trollops, indeed. I don't think I'd teach Middle School for $1,000,000 per year, for these types of reasons, and disciplinary, and all those bureaucratic and political reasons you've detailed in other posts.. Teaching college students is so, so much better in that regard, but there are still those mischievous, lacivious and licentious trollops who intentionally flirt and try to intentionally catch you off guard, probably so they can mess up your career / get you canned for moral turpitude, etc.
Old 10-30-21, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 351 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Hey, I thought it's a "rule" with all teachers now that they CAN'T be in the same room alone with a student of the opposite sex. At least it is in my area, liberal, PC, nanny-state Calif. Not sure about MS (isn't that where you teach?). But, man, those girls KNOW, they just want to catch you off ONCE, and once that's done, they'll fuck up your life. Trollops, indeed. I don't think I'd teach Middle School for $1,000,000 per year, for these types of reasons, and disciplinary, and all those bureaucratic and political reasons you've detailed in other posts.. Teaching college students is so, so much better in that regard, but there are still those mischievous, lacivious and licentious trollops who intentionally flirt and try to intentionally catch you off guard, probably so they can mess up your career / get you canned for moral turpitude, etc.
This is one of your all time stupidest posts.
The following 4 users liked this post by The Questyen:
asianxcore (11-04-21), Kurt D (10-30-21), Rocketsfan (11-01-21), The Cow (10-30-21)
Old 10-30-21, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

Received 632 Likes on 482 Posts

Lol
Old 10-31-21, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 612 Likes on 443 Posts

Sounds like something touched a nerve?
Old 10-31-21, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 271 Likes on 190 Posts

... moral turpitude ...

Coach Balbricker, is that you?

Old 11-01-21, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,044 Likes on 811 Posts

It's not "nanny state" it's to avoid liability, I believe. If you're alone in a room with someone of the opposite sex (or even someone of the same sex) and they as a student accuse you of something, well it's probably easier to have that rule than to deal with the consequences of that to the school, the teacher, the parents, the student, etc.
Old 11-01-21, 01:48 PM

Received 144 Likes on 124 Posts

Somewhere in Zyzzle's post he has a point, but calling female students trollops, okey doke. If a female student is trying to get a teacher in trouble (which sounds like the plot-line from a thousand Lifetime films) I suspect it is a very small number of female students who have enough stuff that messed them up in the head (due to their family life, issues with a boyfriend, etc.) to do this, otherwise...we do live in a society that has for the most part stopped judging a girl/woman for what she wears to school, so I really do not think a girl is a trollop if she happens to wear an outfit that catches the eyes of some male students. It is the year 2021, so a male student claiming that a female student asked for it because of she is dressed is a dog that does not hunt in modern times.

Back on-subject, typo aside, yikes that faculty would let students perform a lap dance on anyone (not just teachers in the school, but other students) from the school campus. I need to read the story, but kids these days, lol. I kind-of get where Zyzzle is coming from but I also admit it has been a minute since I last heard a woman referred to as a trollop. That really dates a person.
Old 11-01-21, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
Somewhere in Zyzzle's post he has a point,
And that point is creepy, and suffused with fear in general, and fear of girls/women specifically, IMHO.
The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts

I'd just like to go on record, I would gladly teach middle school for $1,000,000 a year.
The following 2 users liked this post by LurkerDan:
Kurt D (11-01-21), Rocketsfan (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
I kind-of get where Zyzzle is coming from but I also admit it has been a minute since I last heard a woman referred to as a trollop. That really dates a person.
But, then "ho" is a lot less descriptive and connotative than "trollop." Plus, trollop is a cool word which should be used more now!

Sometimes, it's hard to convey sardonic humor in hyperbole. But, I was going partly for that...

And, yes, as a middle-aged single-guy, my kind is the most "feared", so I do tend to walk on eggshells, with a direct, conscientious sense of being as bland, unoffensive, and unsuggestive as I can be around any girl under twenty. It doesn't behoove me to act otherwise, unless I'd want to get into serious trouble. That's a frustrating necessity in the reality of today's litigious world. So, I deal with it and haven't had any problems with my college-aged students. I'm all business, serious, and formal out of necessity, with students.
Old 11-01-21, 11:21 PM

Received 351 Likes on 259 Posts

The guys that feel that they need to "walk on eggshells" around women are the one's to be the most worried about. They are the true creeps. I had an older employee who wouldn't get an elevator if a woman was in it because he didn't want her to accuse him of something. Same type of creep.
Old 11-02-21, 01:31 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

These teachers are ALWAYS in the wrong no matter how you may try to justify it with sexist views. At the end of the day your argument is basically "the 15 year old tricked me."
Old 11-02-21, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
The guys that feel that they need to "walk on eggshells" around women are the one's to be the most worried about. They are the true creeps. I had an older employee who wouldn't get an elevator if a woman was in it because he didn't want her to accuse him of something. Same type of creep.
Coming from the perspective of over 25 years of undergraduate teaching experience, in my view you're WRONG. At least in attempting to pidgeonhole those who are naturally cautious around young, beautiful women and do tend to question their motives, especially when Final Exam week approaches! The real creeps are the ones who actively seek to push the boundaries with their female students and give the rest who are cautious and sensible a "creepy" reputation. . . But, "walking on eggshells" is a bad cliche, perhaps. Just need to be vigilant, and on guard, and yes even a bit defensive!
Old 11-02-21, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That elevator guy is just being stupid. His actions are ridiculous, of course, and "creepy."

But, I pose to you: How would you handle, diplomatically and decorously, a situation such as this: You're a rather in-demand unversity professor who enjoys teaching and being around students, imparting knowledge and interacting with your students. Of course, you have office hours every week, as is usual and expected in this environent. Female students -- usually the more attractive ones, come in from time to time to talk about subjects other than the course curriculum. In fact, sometimes, especially among the competitve pre-med students, you are blatantly propositioned for either an A for "hire" or to write a wonderful, glowing, but completely false and untrue letter of recommendation. Or, worse, to either give an incomplete or to change a course grade after the fact with the Registrar. Or she'll threaten you with being "inappropriate" even though that couldn't be further from the truth, and you've done absolutely nothing of the kind.

Let me tell, you it's not easy to deal with these situations. Ergo, you're careful and straight as an arrow.
Old 11-02-21, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I would have cameras and microphones hidden around my office secretly, always recording, and then the first time some trollop tried something like that, I'd show her the cameras, play back the footage and then blackmail her for sex in exchange for not getting her expelled. But that's just me.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoVegan:
emanon (11-02-21), Kurt D (11-02-21)
Old 11-02-21, 10:27 AM

That elevator guy is just being stupid. His actions are ridiculous, of course, and "creepy."

But, I pose to you: How would you handle, diplomatically and decorously, a situation such as this: You're a rather in-demand unversity professor who enjoys teaching and being around students, imparting knowledge and interacting with your students. Of course, you have office hours every week, as is usual and expected in this environent. Female students -- usually the more attractive ones, come in from time to time to talk about subjects other than the course curriculum. In fact, sometimes, especially among the competitve pre-med students, you are blatantly propositioned for either an A for "hire" or to write a wonderful, glowing, but completely false and untrue letter of recommendation. Or, worse, to either give an incomplete or to change a course grade after the fact with the Registrar. Or she'll threaten you with being "inappropriate" even though that couldn't be further from the truth, and you've done absolutely nothing of the kind.

Let me tell, you it's not easy to deal with these situations. Ergo, you're careful and straight as an arrow.
How often has this happened to you, and how did you handle it?
Old 11-02-21, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I had an older employee who wouldn't get an elevator if a woman was in it because he didn't want her to accuse him of something. Same type of creep.
We had a Vice President that wouldn’t be alone in a room with a female that wasn’t his wife.
Old 11-02-21, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I would have cameras and microphones hidden around my office secretly, always recording, and then the first time some trollop tried something like that, I'd show her the cameras, play back the footage and then blackmail her for sex in exchange for not getting her expelled. But that's just me.
Yes, that's part of the "walking on eggshells" that I mentioned. I took the 'precaution' of installing cameras in my office 3 - 4 years ago, back when the females coming out of the closet to report their workmate males taking advantage and the "me-too" movement really got going. But, remember there were still 20 years before that, with no cameras. There have actually been a couple of times since that I've reminded some of these students that, remember, they're on camera, so, please no funny business.

As to how I handled it before, I simply gave them the most vexed look, and got up from my desk, and offered to accompany them to the Dean of academic affairs right now, so that we could commence action presently. (called their bluff). I looked deadly serious, gave the impression that I meant business, and said it with much authority and professional gravitas. Those were a few instances where "obedience to authority" actually worked in my favor. Remember, I had done absolutely nothing wrong, and really was perplexed the first time it occurred...
Old 11-02-21, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 256 Likes on 184 Posts

That sounds a bit extreme, but it only takes one type of incident like that and your life is over.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.