Reload this Page >

The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 04-04-21, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 568 Posts

**Note** This is NOT an anti-vaccine thread. I strongly encourage everyone to get their COVID-19 vaccinations if youíre able to do so!**

But since I figured everyone is starting to ramp up the timeline of receiving their first dose, if not their second dose, that Iíd make a thread for side effects, particularly after the second dose.

For me, my arm was a little sore the day after my first dose and I felt a little drained but no major effects.

My second dose, I scheduled a light work day the following day because I had heard that the day after the second dose was the worst: headache, nausea, flu-like symptoms, etc. so I was expecting to feel like shit. I woke up the next day feeling great! No side effects at all. However, about 3 days after my second shot I started feeling dizzy. Like I had just gotten off a tilt-o-whirl or something. The dizziness came and went for another 2 or so days and was then gone for good.

All-in-all I think I was pretty lucky in making it though with only minor side effects. Nothing flu-like that put me down for a day or two like I was expecting. Not even a headache, which is usually my go-to symptom for something like this.

How about everyone else? How have yíall faired with your vaccine doses?
Old 04-04-21, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 513 Likes on 418 Posts
Re: The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread

I get my first on Thursday. So Iíll find out I suppose. Nothing out of the ordinary side effects from my parents or girlfriend or another friend. Headaches and tiredness seem to be the general thing.
Old 04-04-21, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 268 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I get my first on Thursday. So Iíll find out I suppose. Nothing out of the ordinary side effects from my parents or girlfriend or another friend. Headaches and tiredness seem to be the general thing.
I'm getting mine Thursday as well. I do know some people who had some side effects, mainly fatigue and a little temperature that seemed to suddenly disappear after a couple days.

My sister had a more severe reaction, though. She said she had a temperature just below 102 with headache and lots of sweating. She has chronic back problems, but she said the pain in her muscles and joints was in another league. Then she had a day off what she described as brain fog where she said she had problems even finishing sentences. But then after a couple of days of that, she woke up the next day and felt fine. She said that if that's a mild form of how the disease might affect her, she's definitely glad she took the vaccine.
Old 04-04-21, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 332 Likes on 244 Posts

Just a sore arm both times. Not too shabby.
Old 04-04-21, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 276 Likes on 193 Posts

It’s been about 22 hours since I had my shot. I didn’t sleep well since I had massive back pain, but more than likely that is due to my mattress. I ran errands today and now I’m pretty wiped out. Lots of aches but nothing crazy.
My mom who went with me, got the chills and a 104 fever last night. I hope I don’t get that shit. I gotta work at 2am.
Old 04-04-21, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Sore arm after the first dose. Nothing after dose two, not even soreness. A couple of my employees felt pretty bad after the second dose. Two called in sick.
Old 04-04-21, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts

1st shot, just a sore arm and slight blah feeling. 2nd shot was in the morning, and that evening started to feel really crappy. Lasted for less than a day, then felt great!
Old 04-04-21, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 397 Likes on 314 Posts

Minor sore arm on #1 so far, they had music blasting in the observation area with people walking around instructing people to do arm motions and such to avoid injection site pain.

edit: 24 hours and feel pretty good. Though I will say I slept like a champ last night. Stretching seems to have mostly resolved the injection point pain.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-05-21 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-04-21, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 128 Likes on 104 Posts

Sore arm for about three days and no other discernible side effects on the first shot.
waiting on pt 2 but I’ve heard it is worse on the second shot.

My wife felt a little rough for about 10 days.
like coming down from a bad common cold.
Old 04-04-21, 01:33 PM
Admin

Received 296 Likes on 190 Posts

About 24 hours since injection. The injection site is sore, but not as sore as a Tetanus shot. I have a slight headache, but that's about it for now.
Old 04-05-21, 08:56 AM
Admin

No headaches today and I think keeping my arm mobile and moving around decreased some of the aches from the injection. I can barely feel the soreness now and I'm not even 48 hours out at this point.
Old 04-05-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 332 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
No headaches today and I think keeping my arm mobile and moving around decreased some of the aches from the injection. I can barely feel the soreness now and I'm not even 48 hours out at this point.
Had one of my cardiac rehab sessions after my second shot and the nurse told me to work my arm to reduce soreness.
Old 04-05-21, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

My arm was sore on the first night of the first dose, and I felt nothing after the second dose.

My wife was wiped out after her second dose, chills and sore muscles for about 24 hours. She slept for like 16 hours.
Old 04-05-21, 10:33 AM
Admin

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Had one of my cardiac rehab sessions after my second shot and the nurse told me to work my arm to reduce soreness.
Yeah, when my Mom got her injection, her nurse told her to windmill her arm. She only got this into on her 2nd shot and had a lot less pain keeping her arm moving, so I did the same.
Old 04-05-21, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

I had soreness in my arm on both shots. I think I may have been slightly more tired the day after the second shot, but that could also just be life.
Old 04-05-21, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

Moderna

Shot 1: sore arm, tired next day
Shot 2: sore arm, tired next day.

If I had to compare the two, I was more tired with the first but my arm was more sore on the second.

No other issues to speak of.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-05-21 at 04:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
story (04-05-21)
Old 04-05-21, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 499 Likes on 323 Posts

One of my employees got his shot Saturday. Texted me Sunday morning to call out as he got a 101 fever, headache, and shivers that started early in the morning. He texted to call out again for today due to continued headache and body aches. I guess it's kicking his ass.
Old 04-05-21, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 268 Likes on 206 Posts

Has anyone around here received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine? I think everyone I know has received one of the two-shot vaccines, mostly Moderna.
Old 04-05-21, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received Moderna.

I think the Johnson and Johnson one was approved the day after I get my first shot.

The majority of the people Iíve talked to around here received Moderna as well.
Old 04-05-21, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 263 Likes on 202 Posts

Moderna:

1st dose: Sore arm for two days -- couldn't sleep on that arm
2nd dose: Sore arm within hours of shot, continuing 3 days, 2nd day fatigue, malaise, and slight fever.
Old 04-05-21, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 276 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
Has anyone around here received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine? I think everyone I know has received one of the two-shot vaccines, mostly Moderna.
Right here.
Old 04-05-21, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

So for those who have had side effects, did you experience them the next day or sooner? Seems like the few who have mentioned it have referred to the day after.

I have my 2nd shot Wednesday afternoon. Have some plans that night and didn't know if that might affect my desire to be active. I've intentionally left my schedule free on Thursday just in case.
Old 04-05-21, 07:21 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
So for those who have had side effects, did you experience them the next day or sooner? Seems like the few who have mentioned it have referred to the day after.

I have my 2nd shot Wednesday afternoon. Have some plans that night and didn't know if that might affect my desire to be active. I've intentionally left my schedule free on Thursday just in case.
My upper arm felt fine day of until I went to bed. Then I was like, "Oh, that's a little achey, but at least it's not as bad as a tetanus shot." Next day I had a very light headache. Now I'm good to go.
Old 04-05-21, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post

The majority of the reports Iíve read say itís typically the day after. Even the nurse who gave me my second shot told me to expect to feel like shit next day.

That said, I felt slightly achy the night of. Popped a couple Tylenol and it knocked the aches right out. The dizziness I mentioned previously, started a couple days after my second shot.
Old 04-06-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 386 Likes on 186 Posts

I got the first Pfizer dose on Friday, March 19 and am set to get the second dose this coming Friday. The only side effect I had with the first jab was that the injection site was tender to the touch. Duh, so don't touch it.

My friends who've had Moderna seem to have reported worse side effects than Pfizer. I don't know anybody who's had the J&J unless you count Alison Arngrim, the "Little House on the Prairie" actress, who's one of my Facebook friends. She hasn't reported any side effects.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.