DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/652750-covid-vaccine-side-effects-thread.html)

GoldenJCJ 04-04-21 10:37 AM

The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread

**Note** This is NOT an anti-vaccine thread. I strongly encourage everyone to get their COVID-19 vaccinations if youíre able to do so!**

But since I figured everyone is starting to ramp up the timeline of receiving their first dose, if not their second dose, that Iíd make a thread for side effects, particularly after the second dose.

For me, my arm was a little sore the day after my first dose and I felt a little drained but no major effects.

My second dose, I scheduled a light work day the following day because I had heard that the day after the second dose was the worst: headache, nausea, flu-like symptoms, etc. so I was expecting to feel like shit. I woke up the next day feeling great! No side effects at all. However, about 3 days after my second shot I started feeling dizzy. Like I had just gotten off a tilt-o-whirl or something. The dizziness came and went for another 2 or so days and was then gone for good.

All-in-all I think I was pretty lucky in making it though with only minor side effects. Nothing flu-like that put me down for a day or two like I was expecting. Not even a headache, which is usually my go-to symptom for something like this.

How about everyone else? How have yíall faired with your vaccine doses?

Mike86 04-04-21 10:46 AM

Re: The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread

I get my first on Thursday. So Iíll find out I suppose. Nothing out of the ordinary side effects from my parents or girlfriend or another friend. Headaches and tiredness seem to be the general thing.

clckworang 04-04-21 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13915820)
I get my first on Thursday. So Iíll find out I suppose. Nothing out of the ordinary side effects from my parents or girlfriend or another friend. Headaches and tiredness seem to be the general thing.

I'm getting mine Thursday as well. I do know some people who had some side effects, mainly fatigue and a little temperature that seemed to suddenly disappear after a couple days.

My sister had a more severe reaction, though. She said she had a temperature just below 102 with headache and lots of sweating. She has chronic back problems, but she said the pain in her muscles and joints was in another league. Then she had a day off what she described as brain fog where she said she had problems even finishing sentences. But then after a couple of days of that, she woke up the next day and felt fine. She said that if that's a mild form of how the disease might affect her, she's definitely glad she took the vaccine.

TomOpus 04-04-21 11:08 AM

Just a sore arm both times. Not too shabby.

Toddarino 04-04-21 11:15 AM

It’s been about 22 hours since I had my shot. I didn’t sleep well since I had massive back pain, but more than likely that is due to my mattress. I ran errands today and now I’m pretty wiped out. Lots of aches but nothing crazy.
My mom who went with me, got the chills and a 104 fever last night. I hope I don’t get that shit. I gotta work at 2am.

Decker 04-04-21 11:18 AM

Sore arm after the first dose. Nothing after dose two, not even soreness. A couple of my employees felt pretty bad after the second dose. Two called in sick.

Bronkster 04-04-21 11:41 AM

1st shot, just a sore arm and slight blah feeling. 2nd shot was in the morning, and that evening started to feel really crappy. Lasted for less than a day, then felt great!

RichC2 04-04-21 12:30 PM

Minor sore arm on #1 so far, they had music blasting in the observation area with people walking around instructing people to do arm motions and such to avoid injection site pain.

edit: 24 hours and feel pretty good. Though I will say I slept like a champ last night. Stretching seems to have mostly resolved the injection point pain.

whotony 04-04-21 01:01 PM

Sore arm for about three days and no other discernible side effects on the first shot.
waiting on pt 2 but I’ve heard it is worse on the second shot.

My wife felt a little rough for about 10 days.
like coming down from a bad common cold.

VinVega 04-04-21 01:33 PM

About 24 hours since injection. The injection site is sore, but not as sore as a Tetanus shot. I have a slight headache, but that's about it for now.

VinVega 04-05-21 08:56 AM

No headaches today and I think keeping my arm mobile and moving around decreased some of the aches from the injection. I can barely feel the soreness now and I'm not even 48 hours out at this point.

TomOpus 04-05-21 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 13916098)
No headaches today and I think keeping my arm mobile and moving around decreased some of the aches from the injection. I can barely feel the soreness now and I'm not even 48 hours out at this point.

Had one of my cardiac rehab sessions after my second shot and the nurse told me to work my arm to reduce soreness.

majorjoe23 04-05-21 10:05 AM

My arm was sore on the first night of the first dose, and I felt nothing after the second dose.

My wife was wiped out after her second dose, chills and sore muscles for about 24 hours. She slept for like 16 hours.

VinVega 04-05-21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13916126)
Had one of my cardiac rehab sessions after my second shot and the nurse told me to work my arm to reduce soreness.

Yeah, when my Mom got her injection, her nurse told her to windmill her arm. She only got this into on her 2nd shot and had a lot less pain keeping her arm moving, so I did the same.

spainlinx0 04-05-21 10:50 AM

I had soreness in my arm on both shots. I think I may have been slightly more tired the day after the second shot, but that could also just be life.

Michael Corvin 04-05-21 11:45 AM

Moderna

Shot 1: sore arm, tired next day
Shot 2: sore arm, tired next day.

If I had to compare the two, I was more tired with the first but my arm was more sore on the second.

No other issues to speak of.

Giantrobo 04-05-21 01:33 PM

One of my employees got his shot Saturday. Texted me Sunday morning to call out as he got a 101 fever, headache, and shivers that started early in the morning. He texted to call out again for today due to continued headache and body aches. I guess it's kicking his ass.

clckworang 04-05-21 02:25 PM

Has anyone around here received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine? I think everyone I know has received one of the two-shot vaccines, mostly Moderna.

GoldenJCJ 04-05-21 03:54 PM

I received Moderna.

I think the Johnson and Johnson one was approved the day after I get my first shot.

The majority of the people Iíve talked to around here received Moderna as well.

zyzzle 04-05-21 04:46 PM

Moderna:

1st dose: Sore arm for two days -- couldn't sleep on that arm
2nd dose: Sore arm within hours of shot, continuing 3 days, 2nd day fatigue, malaise, and slight fever.

Toddarino 04-05-21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang (Post 13916279)
Has anyone around here received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine? I think everyone I know has received one of the two-shot vaccines, mostly Moderna.

Right here.

Cardsfan111 04-05-21 06:53 PM

So for those who have had side effects, did you experience them the next day or sooner? Seems like the few who have mentioned it have referred to the day after.

I have my 2nd shot Wednesday afternoon. Have some plans that night and didn't know if that might affect my desire to be active. I've intentionally left my schedule free on Thursday just in case.

VinVega 04-05-21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13916398)
So for those who have had side effects, did you experience them the next day or sooner? Seems like the few who have mentioned it have referred to the day after.

I have my 2nd shot Wednesday afternoon. Have some plans that night and didn't know if that might affect my desire to be active. I've intentionally left my schedule free on Thursday just in case.

My upper arm felt fine day of until I went to bed. Then I was like, "Oh, that's a little achey, but at least it's not as bad as a tetanus shot." Next day I had a very light headache. Now I'm good to go.

GoldenJCJ 04-05-21 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13916398)

The majority of the reports Iíve read say itís typically the day after. Even the nurse who gave me my second shot told me to expect to feel like shit next day.

That said, I felt slightly achy the night of. Popped a couple Tylenol and it knocked the aches right out. The dizziness I mentioned previously, started a couple days after my second shot.

Vibiana 04-06-21 10:01 AM

I got the first Pfizer dose on Friday, March 19 and am set to get the second dose this coming Friday. The only side effect I had with the first jab was that the injection site was tender to the touch. Duh, so don't touch it. :lol:

My friends who've had Moderna seem to have reported worse side effects than Pfizer. I don't know anybody who's had the J&J unless you count Alison Arngrim, the "Little House on the Prairie" actress, who's one of my Facebook friends. :) She hasn't reported any side effects.