DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/652750-covid-vaccine-side-effects-thread.html)

Vibiana 04-10-21 12:30 PM

Re: The COVID Vaccine Side Effects Thread

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 13916590)
You're friends with Nellie Oleson? Say hi to the little folks while you're palling around with the high rollers of Walnut Grove. -rolleyes-

:D

She's a hoot!

Dan 04-10-21 02:41 PM

Moderna here. I still have a bit of a bruise and swelling where the shot was, and it's been 9 days. Not huge or anything, but noticeable when I run my hand across it. Hmm. My wife got her shot a few days later and she has no swelling or bruising.

Cardsfan111 04-10-21 04:00 PM

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot on Wednesday. Had a sore arm for a day (and still to the touch today) but that's it. A family member got their 2nd shot this week and was miserable for a day after. Vomiting, chills, headache, etc.

Nick Danger 04-10-21 04:41 PM

Three days after my second Pfizer shot, mild arm pain. Much better than someone I know who spent two days in bed.

RichC2 04-10-21 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13918622)
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot on Wednesday. Had a sore arm for a day (and still to the touch today) but that's it. A family member got their 2nd shot this week and was miserable for a day after. Vomiting, chills, headache, etc.

Also Pfizer?

Cardsfan111 04-10-21 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13918654)
Also Pfizer?

Yes. Thankfully, was much improved by late evening.

Bacon 04-10-21 09:27 PM

Now headaches, a slight chill and all around crap feeling

funkyryno 04-11-21 04:30 PM

I got my first dose of Pfizer today. I started feeling a little light headed and sleepy while shopping at Costco a couple hours later -- nothing terrible but I can tell something is going on.

Paff 04-11-21 07:12 PM

1st Moderna yesterday. Felt nothing.

Then today I was reaching for something in a high cabinet and yeeeee-ouch. Defintely felt some pain there, and it's pretty sore and tender today. Not looking forward to round 2.

RichC2 04-11-21 09:04 PM

My folks got their 2nd Moderna on Friday. My dad is in his 80s and got hit by sudden dizziness and fatigue on Saturday while outside working, he thankfully didn't fall (though was apparently close) but apparently it was really sudden. He slept it off though and was good by that evening. My mom is in her 70s and just felt "blah" but is also good now (she felt the same after shot #1)

clckworang 04-11-21 11:15 PM

My shot has been a few days ago now, and while I don't have the more significant side effects still lingering, I've noticed that trying to do things outside or getting much into the heat is still draining me quicker, though each day is getting better.

The Valeyard 04-12-21 02:37 AM

My wife and I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday morning. Within an hour, she got cold sweats and her skin was clammy. It lasted for about 20 minutes and then subsided. She said she was fine for the rest of the day. Our arms were slightly achy at the injection site but nothing more than that.

I felt fine until around 10pm and then I got a slight chill. We went to bed early because we were both more tired than usual. I woke up around 12:40am and felt cold, achy and my nose & head were stuffy. After using the bathroom, it took me a while to go back to sleep. It definitely felt like a cold or flu. I woke up again at 6:00am and felt fine. No sick feeling beyond a slight headache. I've been fine for the rest of the day. My wife took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Kevin Phillips 04-14-21 01:12 PM

Got my 2nd Pfizer about 48 hours ago. My arm is still sore around the injection site, but so far that's the only side effect. No nausea, headache, fever or fatigue. :banana:

PeMo 04-14-21 01:21 PM

I got my first dose (Pfizer) on March 23, I had zero side effects. No sore arm or anything.

My 2nd dose was yesterday around lunch time, I was nervous about side effects since so many people I know have said the 2nd shot produced mild to fairly severe side effects. Last night after dinner I started feeling a little warm, or flushed, so I took it easy and plopped on the couch for a night of TV. Wasn't bad, I honestly probably wouldn't have thought too much about it had I not been on edge about side effects. Woke up this morning and felt perfectly fine. Arm is not sore.

So, I consider myself lucky and am very relieved to be vaccinated. I never got COVID, as far as I know. I mention it as I've heard that side effects can be different based on that?

RichC2 04-14-21 04:23 PM

^ IF you had Covid previously they say the first shot will knock you on your ass.

Why So Blu? 04-14-21 04:27 PM

I got my second Moderna shot on Monday. Had a sore arm that day and the chills, low-grade fever, and muscle aches kicked in yesterday. I'm better today, but should be back to 100% by tomorrow.

joe_b 05-06-21 12:16 PM

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. My face felt warm after a couple hours, but it was short lived. I also experienced a weird headache that I can only describe as a less intense version of brain freeze.

I've struggled with hip and knee aches for over a year, but the joint pain seemed to really intensify by evening. I chose to turn in early because it was a bit painful to move. Felt a little clammy waking up this morning. I looked in the mirror and noticed red, blotchy skin on my neck, shoulder and right upper arm (same side as the injection site). Hopeful that goes away soon. Despite a slightly sore arm, I feel fine today.

Jaymole 05-06-21 03:10 PM

Got my first shot yesterday and noticed this when I woke up. Otherwise I feel great.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0265288ac2.jpg

GoldenJCJ 05-06-21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 13930358)
I also experienced a weird headache that I can only describe as a less intense version of brain freeze.

That’s how my “dizzyness” started as well. I get migraines often and usually describe them as brain freeze that doesn’t go away. After my second shot I told my wife that I felt like I was getting a migraine but the bad headache never came. Just the beginning ache in the front of my head. My vision was also a little off, like staring through those waves of heat you see on a hot summer day.

joe_b 05-06-21 05:15 PM

I did have some slight blurring in my right eye (it's also been watering a bit). Thankfully, the blotchy skin around the injection site is already starting to clear up.

I called my brother this evening. He'd reported no side effects after the first shot, but started getting flu-like symptoms about two weeks later. He still hasn't fully recovered, but (since he had no fever) they went ahead with administering the second dose yesterday. Today he had to take off early from work because the hot and cold flashes were too intense for him to finish his shift.

tiloup13 05-06-21 07:22 PM

Got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine 5 hours ago. Sore arm but nothing else. Let's hope it stays this way.

Mikael79 05-06-21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13920379)
^ IF you had Covid previously they say the first shot will knock you on your ass.

That was the case for me. I felt like Vibiana for about 24 hours, and it was rough.

tiloup13 05-07-21 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by tiloup13 (Post 13930556)
Got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine 5 hours ago. Sore arm but nothing else. Let's hope it stays this way.

Guess I jinxed myself. Having chills and feeling nauseous now but it's not that bad. Took the day off from work to rest at home. Better than getting COVID.

RichC2 05-07-21 11:04 AM

Yeah, side effects other than the sore arm usually onset in 12 - 24 hours and then resolve within 24 hours of that. Good to hear it's not too bad though.

joe_b 05-07-21 12:04 PM

48 hours since my second dose. I've had a terrible migraine all day and my upper right arm is hot to the touch. The tissue around the injection site is hard and a bit swollen, along with a new red welt and couple broken capillaries on my skin.