Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Your appointment for the second vaccination?

Other Talk "Otterville"
View Poll Results: When/how did you get the appointment for your 2nd Pfizer/Modernavaccination?
Received appointment for second dose while receiving first dose.
89.71%
Had to do some phoning or other nonsense to make second appointment.
10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-21, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm just curious as to what the procedure was for you to get signed up for the appointment for your second Pfizer or Moderna injection. Did they give you a time and date for your second jab at the time you received your first, or did you have to go through some rigamarole later on with phoning or going back online to schedule your second shot?

A friend and I are in the midst of a friendly argument about the best way. I say that it's easier and less hassle for everybody if they give you an appointment for the second shot at the time they give you the first shot. She says she is happy that she had to make a dozen phone calls to be able to get signed up for her second jab. I see that as just plain ridiculous, I mean, is somebody trying to cause as much hassle as they possibly can so that maybe people won't even bother with a 2nd jab?

I received my appointment for the 2nd dose of Moderna at the time I got the first, and it was exactly (time and date) 4 weeks later. My husband had the same thing happen, but he got the Pfizer so his appointment was for EXACTLY (time and date) 3 weeks later .

Last edited by danwiz; 03-31-21 at 12:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AGuyNamedMike (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21, 12:07 PM
Admin

Received 299 Likes on 193 Posts
Re: Your appointment for the second vaccination?

I haven't gotten my 1st dose yet, it's this Sat, but I already have my 2nd dose date and time assigned to me. Same time of day, 3 weeks later.
Old 03-31-21, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 155 Posts

Pfizer, and they automatically scheduled my second appointment exactly 3 weeks later at the same time.
Old 03-31-21, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 426 Likes on 338 Posts

Here it is mostly automatic, but if you get an extra/waste avoidance dosage then you have to either bug them as the date approaches or make a 2nd dose appointment at CVS, Walgreens, wherever (quite a few offer 2nd dose sign ups that waive any requirements.)
Old 03-31-21, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 358 Likes on 263 Posts

Got mine at the VA and the second shot was scheduled when you got your first.
Old 03-31-21, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 146 Posts

My second shot was automatically scheduled for exactly one month after the first shot. I didn’t have to do anything.
Old 03-31-21, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Got mine at the VA and the second shot was scheduled when you got your first.
Old 03-31-21, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my first dose last week and I was told that I will get an email in 3 weeks with instructions on how to schedule the second dose.
Old 03-31-21, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 319 Likes on 231 Posts

Mine were scheduled at the same time. When I finally got an open spot for a 1st, they made me select a date/time for the 2nd before I could finish setting up the appointment. I grabbed the first date I saw for fear that I may lose the 1st appointment to someone else.
Old 03-31-21, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

My wife and I went to the Carlson together even though my appointment was for 5 days later. They made the adjustment to the lists and we got our first jabs and while we waited were scheduled for the second (we get them tomorrow!!111eleventy-one).

It's obviously the best, most efficient process to do it while sitting in the wait-to-see-if-you-faint area. Your friend's assertion has no merit and I assume being argumentative is simply part of her personality (and part of her charm!). We all know people like this I'm sure.
danwiz (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

while they put the shot in my arm my next appointment was being booked and I had it scheduled when I walked out of the site.
VinVega (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Also scheduled at the time of my first dose by National Guard staff. I’m a little concerned they scheduled me only 24 days out for Moderna, but I guess that’s within the “grace period”.
Old 03-31-21, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Pfizer, and they automatically scheduled my second appointment exactly 3 weeks later at the same time.
Same here. I received my first shot (Pfizer) this morning and they scheduled my follow up three weeks from today at the exact same time. In and out in less than 30 minutes.
Old 03-31-21, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

At the state run sites in NY (Pfizer) it's automatically 3 weeks after the first shot and the same time slot. When you sign up for the first shot the website tells you to make sure you can make both appointments when scheduling.

When I got my first shot the date and time for the second was on the back of the vaccination card. I received the automated email confirmation a few days later.
Old 03-31-21, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 291 Posts

Mine was scheduled automatically after my 1st (Pfizer) shot. It's July 5th. As I said before, we operate differently here, trying to get one dose into as many arms as possible first since we don't have vaccine production capacity the US has. I have no issue waiting.
Old 03-31-21, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 98 Likes on 85 Posts

I was given a small packet after my first. Included a vaccine card to fill out (they put a sticker with date and type). Also a card that told me I’d get an email and text with link when “closer to time” to schedule and appointment. Same place got first.

I thought 2nd was in 2 weeks. But looks like Moderna is 30 days. Might throw me off a bit.
Old 03-31-21, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 503 Likes on 334 Posts

The techs apologized to me for not scheduling my second dose when I was getting my first one. They said that there was a problem. I was notified of the date of the second dose eight days later. The scheduled date was three weeks and a day after the first dose.
Old 03-31-21, 04:25 PM

Received 541 Likes on 330 Posts

They had me schedule both together back in January.
Old 03-31-21, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The 2nd dose was automatically scheduled 4 weeks after I completed my 1st dose (Moderna). Of course I had to schedule the 1st dose, and that was quite a Herculean feat. Felt like I'd won the lottery...

I'm glad to be completely vaccinated now.
Old 03-31-21, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

After I got my first shot, they setup my 2nd appointment. I got the Pfizer and they scheduled my 2nd shot for 3 1/2 weeks after my 1st.
Old 03-31-21, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 886 Likes on 615 Posts

Got mine through work. My second shot was automatically scheduled for exactly a month later at the same location. I showed up at the drive through vaccination site last Wednesday and got shot #2. All I had to do was give my name and DOB and show my vaccination card, which was given to me at my first shot.

Because it was through my work, I never had to make a single phone call. All I had to do was fill out a quick survey through email and then show up when they told me to.
Old 03-31-21, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,067 Likes on 1,329 Posts

They scheduled my second dose exactly three weeks after my first vaccine — 1/6/2021. Easily the best thing that happened on that day.
Old 04-01-21, 06:23 AM

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

1st Moderna shot yesterday, and at that appointment I got an appointment for the 2nd Moderna shot exactly 4 weeks later.
Old 04-01-21, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I made both online at the same time. Once I scheduled the first one, it took me to a calendar to schedule the second on a date 28 days later.
Walgreens.com.
Very easy and I can't imagine why people would prefer to do it otherwise.
Old 04-01-21, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 395 Likes on 191 Posts

My second one is to be on Friday, April 9. I don't think they gave me a time to show up, but I had an "appointment" for the first one and still had to wait in line for over an hour, so they can take their "appointment" and shove it up their asses.

(All of which is to say, I plan to just walk in).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.