Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Billiards champion Jeanette “The Black Widow” Lee diagnosed with terminal cancer

Other Talk "Otterville"

Billiards champion Jeanette “The Black Widow” Lee diagnosed with terminal cancer

Old 02-17-21, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,110 Likes on 829 Posts

I don’t know how many of you have ever watched or followed pool/billiards, but Jeanette Lee is a pretty well renowned champion in the game. And shes smoking hot as well. I would catch pool sometimes late at night when she was the featured competitor and she always drew a lot of attention.

Story says she has stage 4 ovarian cancer and has about a year to live. She has three kids. Very sad story.
Old 02-17-21, 03:58 PM
Admin

Received 296 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: Billiards champion Jeanette “The Black Widow” Lee diagnosed with terminal cancer

I've seen her play. She's awesome. This is horrible news.
Old 02-17-21, 04:09 PM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Billiards champion Jeanette “The Black Widow” Lee diagnosed with terminal cancer

Amazing player, ESPN would show her a lot.

On the bright side, she is a millionaire who is smoking hot at her age. So she probably got to do whatever she wanted and lived a life better than most. Still sad, but i'm sure there's people who lived to be 80 who never did 20% of what she did.
Old 02-17-21, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 382 Likes on 273 Posts

Same with TSN in Canada. They used to show a lot of billiards so I've seen her play a number of times. Sad news.
Old 02-17-21, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Oh no! A former girlfriend and I used to shoot league pool and watched her on TV many times back in the 90s. Such a shame.
Old 02-17-21, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 218 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Same with TSN in Canada. They used to show a lot of billiards so I've seen her play a number of times. Sad news.
Yes, and not nearly enough, these days. I used to love watching snooker tournaments.

Sad news, though. What an awful diagnosis.
Old 02-17-21, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 265 Likes on 228 Posts

The most memorable pool player I’ve seen on TV. Sorry to hear the news,
Old 02-17-21, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Very sad to hear. I've always enjoyed watching her play, but the biggest memory I have of her is actually seeing her and another female pro pool player (can't remember her name) on The Price is Right many years ago. The woman whose name I can't remember, but at the time I still recognized as being a pro player, was the contestant on the show, and I kept wondering the whole time if she was who I thought she was. At the end, she ended up winning the Showcase Showdown, and Jeanette came up on stage to help her celebrate. Since I recognized Jeanette, I then knew for sure who the other woman was. I remembered thinking it odd that someone who, at least for her sport, was pretty well known, would be a contestant on a game show.
Old 02-17-21, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Is billiards even shown on tv anymore? I used to enjoy watching on ESPN.