Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Oddities and Curiosities

Other Talk "Otterville"

Oddities and Curiosities

Old 02-14-21, 08:54 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Oddities and Curiosities

I only poop in one of my 3 toilets. One other is for peeing, the other is for guests.
Old 02-14-21, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always go number 2 when I'm at "nicer" restaurants. I feel you don't get the full feeling of a restaurant without viewing the bathroom.. I've been in some really nice restaurants with terrible crappers. Brings down the place in my opinion.

When I got diagnosed with gout, I had it so bad, I literally squeezed uric acid of my finger tip. It was scary. I still have the pics on my phone I show people from time to time. To this day if I get an attack it is never my toe. I had it my knee, I had to pick up my pant leg to move my foot from gad to brake pedal.
Old 02-14-21, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Here I was thinking I'd tell you guys about my love for Carmen Miranda movies or Risa Stevens operatic recordings from the 1950s but all you want is for me to tell you about the color and texture of my last dump.
Old 02-14-21, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Hey, I never mandated that this thread is only to be about poo, you kooks. Re-read the OP. It just so happened that my first entry involved shite. You can talk about whatever you want.
Old 02-15-21, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
We once had a cat that would pee in the toilet. He wasn’t trained to do it; he just hopped up there one day, hovered his backside over the hole, and let it flow. I wish I had video of it, but we eventually got dogs and had to keep the seat down so they wouldn’t drink from the toilet, and smartphones weren’t commonplace yet back then.
Hey, nothing wrong with dogs drinking from the toilet, especially when every dog I've seen will eat shit, human and otherwise, and feels great for the gander afterwards! Having a cat that pisses in the toilet is of unbelievable rarity, you should have let it continue to!

Continuing along these venerated scatological lines, I shall confess here and now that I used to smear shit on the walls when I was a bad infant before the days of the dinosaur.

Something about Dali's paitings always did it for me, as there's all sorts of hidden scatological content in those surreal paintings of his.
Old 02-15-21, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 295 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Does enjoying the feel of human feces squishing between my toes qualify as an oddity or a curiosity?

"What is, which pr0hub category is at the deep end of the Rabbit Hole Alex...".
The following users liked this post:
GoldenJCJ (02-15-21)
Old 02-15-21, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I like Bluegrass Music. Since I'm not in the Bluegrass Music demo many would say that's odd.
The following 2 users liked this post by Giantrobo:
andicus (02-15-21), Norm de Plume (02-15-21)
Old 02-15-21, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 422 Likes on 313 Posts

Hell, people liking bluegrass music who don't also play it is odd.
Giantrobo (02-16-21)
Old 02-15-21, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

It’s not something I admit in public but I occasionally find myself listening to bluegrass. Though mostly bluegrass styled covers of pop songs. There’s a cover of Sweet Child of Mine by Thunder and Rain that is amazing.
Old 02-16-21, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 231 Likes on 170 Posts

Bluegrass is great. Virtuoso musicianship and singing through one's nose.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nick Danger:
andicus (02-22-21), Giantrobo (02-16-21)
Old 02-16-21, 03:32 PM
Admin

Received 206 Likes on 132 Posts

I put ketchup on hot dogs...so...you know.
Old 02-16-21, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
I put ketchup on hot dogs...so...you know.
And mustard. I don't eat intestine-sheathed butcher-shop floor-sweepings very often, but when I do, it must be darkly BBQed and slathered in ketchup and moutarde.
milo bloom (02-16-21)
Old 02-16-21, 05:24 PM
Admin

Received 206 Likes on 132 Posts

Getting back to the OP, I think the cat thinks you are marking your territory, so he wants to get involved and mark his territory too. That's what the rolling around is. He wants his scent mixed up with yours so you don't get all the glory.
Old 02-16-21, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Getting back to the OP, I think the cat thinks you are marking your territory, so he wants to get involved and mark his territory too. That's what the rolling around is. He wants his scent mixed up with yours so you don't get all the glory.
That's a plausible hypothesis. He's neutered, of course, but he also sometimes does this butt-tremor thing that looks as if he's about to spray. He also refuses to pee into the litter box like a good kitty, but instead does his business on dog diapers or on the floor, which I find annoying but my mom doesn't mind cleaning. He's a weirdo with a sassy attitude, but also often very sweet, and he sleeps quietly and unintrusively next to me every night, so all is forgiven.
Below is him and his sister (she's on the left) almost 7 years ago, when they were just a couple of years old. She has a sweeter disposition and is such a cutie, but he has a more interesting personality. She sleeps with my mom, so we both get some cat-cuddle time.

Old 02-17-21, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

I’m not much of a fan of traditional bluegrass, but I do like a lot of the Americana stuff that has evolved from it. I’ve been listening to a lot of Billy Strings lately, and recommend him to everyone that’s said they like bluegrass. Some other good one with bluegrass roots: Sierra Hull, Sarah Jarosz, Jason Isbell, Molly Tuttle, and Mandolin Orange.
I also love those Jerry Garcia / David Grisman albums.
Old 02-17-21, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

The neighborhood cats have decided to make my flower bed their litterbox, just as my tulip bulbs are coming up. The cat poo is growing hair.

Old 02-21-21, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Three or four summers ago, I was indirectly struck by lightning up at the lakehouse. That was a strange experience. I was trying to reattach a downspout during a sudden deluge of rain when lightning must have struck the roof or eavestrough, and I received a secondary or tertiary shock. I was knocked back and it seemed like I was buzzed out of awareness for about a second or two, but there were no lasting effects.
Old 02-22-21, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Three or four summers ago, I was indirectly struck by lightning up at the lakehouse. That was a strange experience. I was trying to reattach a downspout during a sudden deluge of rain when lightning must have struck the roof or eavestrough, and I received a secondary or tertiary shock. I was knocked back and it seemed like I was buzzed out of awareness for about a second or two, but there were no lasting effects.
Not lightning, but I brushed a bare 220V wire once and that's exactly what it felt like - like I fell out of reality for a second.
Old 02-22-21, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

"One second, two seconds -- whatever it takes."
Toddarino (02-23-21)
Old 02-22-21, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
The neighborhood cats have decided to make my flower bed their litterbox, just as my tulip bulbs are coming up. The cat poo is growing hair.

BARF!!! This happened to use as well. We fixed up our flower beds on the outside perimeter in the new place and the many neighborhood cats were very happy to have a new place to shit. And Cat shit is THE WORST. We are looking for cat repellents...

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-22-21 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-22-21, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 246 Likes on 176 Posts

I'm not 100% sure what bluegrass music even is. Something like country I guess, but different in some important way?
Old 02-22-21, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

I think it involves blowing into jugs?
Old 02-22-21, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
I'm not 100% sure what bluegrass music even is. Something like country I guess, but different in some important way?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluegrass_music

Some Classic Bluegrass. Bill Munroe was one of big deals in BG music

Alison Krauss and Union Station doing today's Bluegrass

People hated this but here is David Lee Roth putting Van Halen music to Bluegrass.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-23-21 at 02:45 PM.
andicus (02-22-21)
Old 02-22-21, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
Not lightning, but I brushed a bare 220V wire once and that's exactly what it felt like - like I fell out of reality for a second.
Similarly, I was changing an old incandescant bulb one time, and the cheap junk broke off in the socket, necessitating having to twist out the metal part separately. I don't remember exactly how it happened (why I didn't unplug the damned thing), but I ended up getting a shock. It felt like an intense tremor throughout my body. That and the lightning are the sum of my experiences with electrocution.
Old 02-23-21, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 143 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluegrass_music

Some Classic Bluegrass. Bill Munroe was one of big deals in BG music
Thank you! Bill Munroe. I was trying to think of his name. I saw a show, years ago, featuring him. Loved every second of it.
Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Similarly, I was changing an old incandescant bulb one time, and the cheap junk broke off in the socket, necessitating having to twist out the metal part separately. I don't remember exactly how it happened (why I didn't unplug the damned thing), but I ended up getting a shock. It felt like an intense tremor throughout my body. That and the lightning are the sum of my experiences with electrocution.
I've had a 10 000 volt shock. I used to play with an oil heater transformer (Jacob's ladder and such), and was showing a friend how you could grab one electrode. You could then give other people a shock. Lots of fun. The electrode was a piece of coat hanger, and it fell over. My friend dared me to pick it up, which should be fine... however as I picked it up, my finger brushed against the metal case (ground!!) and WHAM! Burnt the end of my finger, and stood me up, PDQ.

Thinking about it, further, it was probably only 5 000 volts, as it wasn't across the terminals, but from one terminal to ground.

I've had plenty of shocks, in my life, as I used to love messing around with electricity, but that one was something else. No lightning, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.