Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Other Talk "Otterville"

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Old 01-13-22, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

I'm honestly wondering if they need to titrate the dosage such that the side effects are not so severe. I'm 1000% in favor of the vaccine but I really wonder if they need further studies to get the dosage dialed in better or if we are just in for a "you get what you get and you don't get upset" scenario forever.
Old 01-13-22, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 599 Likes on 483 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

It seems inconsistent. Moderna's main shots are 100mcg, booster is 50 mcg. Pfizer's shots are all 30 mcg.

Pfizer said they tapered off their dosage to lessen side effects, but there are some folks that get no side effects from Moderna and some that get terrible ones from Pfizer.
Old 01-15-22, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 122 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Pfizer said they tapered off their dosage to lessen side effects, but there are some folks that get no side effects from Moderna and some that get terrible ones from Pfizer.
The Pfizer booster I got Thurs really hit me hard. I never felt any side effects from the first two, but it's been a pretty miserable couple of days. Thankfully feeling better now.
Old 01-15-22, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman View Post
The Pfizer booster I got Thurs really hit me hard. I never felt any side effects from the first two, but it's been a pretty miserable couple of days. Thankfully feeling better now.
My Pfizer booster in November made me sicker than either of the original two shots. I don't think that's unusual. Still better than COVID though. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-15-22, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 232 Likes on 127 Posts

My wife needs to get the booster and now she's freaked out about it.
My wife got the booster yesterday. She made sure it was Pfizer, not Moderna, because she was worried about the side effects from the Moderna. She's having a mild-to-moderate reaction: sore arm, some chills and she's a little lethargic. Nothing bad enough to stop her from watching movies on the sofa.
Old 01-16-22, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Oldest kid, 12, got the Pfizer booster and for the first time between me, 2 shots and booster, and the two kids, had the first reaction. She was down that night but good by morning.
Old 01-17-22, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,232 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Got my booster Saturday.

No side effects, except my arm is still slightly red and a little tender where I got the shot; also feels like there's some swelling there. I think it's a bit worse than the first two.

No fever, chills, or exhaustion, or other symptoms like that.
Upon reflection, I might have had some body aches after my booster. It seemed like every joint in my body was stiff for three or four days after I got the shot. I think I felt like that for a day or two before I got the shot, but it definitely got worse after it. I'm at that age where random aches and pains are normal, so I'm not sure if it was the booster or the weather.
Old 01-17-22, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 872 Likes on 660 Posts

I was texting with my mom (70) who got her third Moderna shot and it hit her pretty hard this time. Her first two were fine but this one gave her the chills and aches like my 2nd and 3rd Moderna shots did.
I'm really wondering if Moderna needs to reduce their dose or something.
Old 01-17-22, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

lol at the thread title
The following users liked this post:
Rival11 (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 486 Likes on 349 Posts

As I already said I just claimed it was the beginning of the end I never specified how long that end would take.

emanon (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 602 Likes on 434 Posts

Every end must have a beginning. This virus is one tough mother.
Old 01-20-22, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

No one asked, but since we're here:

First Moderna shot: Sore arm, not much else.

Second Moderna shot: Arm was more sore than before; around 12 hours later I started to feel like I was getting a cold, so I went to bed. Was fine the next day, except for arm soreness which took a day or two to go away.

First Moderna booster: Pretty much like the second shot. I got the shot around noon, so if things started going downhill after 12 hours, I'd be OK with going to sleep.

None of these were anything like my second shot of the shingles vaccine (Shingrix). THAT felt like circa 1986 Mike Tyson punched my arm as hard as he could!
Old 01-20-22, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 232 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum View Post
None of these were anything like my second shot of the shingles vaccine (Shingrix). THAT felt like circa 1986 Mike Tyson punched my arm as hard as he could!
Great. I was planning on getting the 1st Shingrix shot next month. Guess I have something to look forward to!
Old 01-20-22, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 400 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips View Post
Great. I was planning on getting the 1st Shingrix shot next month. Guess I have something to look forward to!
I've mentioned before that both my Shingrix shots affected me, greatly. Nasty fever and chills, but it was over in a day.

I know you're not saying you won't do it. I just want to emphasize that it's well worth it, for its benefits.
Old 01-20-22, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 266 Likes on 188 Posts

The Shingrix has those AARP sponsored nanobots in it that make you buy too much insurance and shoes with velcro straps, no wonder it hurts.
Old 01-20-22, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 486 Likes on 349 Posts

Funny story about Shigrix. During the delta surge my dad calls me in the middle of the night while I was at work and tells me that mom has a high fever, body aches and pains and feels absolutely terrible. My mind is racing trying to figure out what to do if she should go to the hospital now or if she can wait till the morning. After a few minutes of this my dad finally tells me she got her Shingrix shot earlier that day. OMG dad next time lead with that.
Kevin Phillips (01-21-22)
Old 02-05-22, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

Finally got my booster shot this morning.

Hopefully it doesn't beat me up too much throughout the day.
The following 2 users liked this post by asianxcore:
kahuna (02-06-22), story (02-05-22)