Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Other Talk "Otterville"

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Old 12-16-20, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 104 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Old 12-16-20, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 537 Likes on 347 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

I wonder if people are gonna get lax now that a vaccine is here...

shit, of course they are.
Old 12-16-20, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,176 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
I wonder if people are gonna get lax now that a vaccine is here...

shit, of course they are.
55K infected in California in the last 24 hours and 1 in 80 could have COVID. 1% ICU beds left in So. Cal. They got laxed weeks ago.
Old 12-16-20, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,320 Posts

I'm vaccinated bitches!

Didnít hurt at all. Just like a flu shot. Was given a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card from the CDC. Had to schedule a second dose for 1/6/21.
They are making us wait in a chair for 15 minutes like after you give blood.

I feel like celebrating. Where do they serve BRAINZ?
The following 12 users liked this post by Decker:
Adam Tyner (12-17-20), AGuyNamedMike (12-17-20), Bandoman (12-17-20), bunkaroo (12-16-20), danwiz (12-17-20), Deftones (12-17-20), DJariya (12-16-20), funkyryno (12-17-20), jpcamb (12-17-20), milo bloom (12-17-20), Psi (12-16-20), zyzzle (12-17-20) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-16-20, 07:39 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I'm vaccinated bitches!
Yay! Congratulations!

Not sure what you should get. A DVDTalk new title?

What does the vaccination card look like? Piece of paper with your name written on it with a Sharpie pen?
Old 12-16-20, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Yay!

What does the vaccination card look like? Piece of paper with your name written on it with a Sharpie pen?
Like this

The following 4 users liked this post by Decker:
Bandoman (12-17-20), Deftones (12-17-20), DJariya (12-16-20), Psi (12-16-20)
Old 12-16-20, 08:06 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Did you get a QR code on a phone app or something like that to show your vaccination status, maybe for access to places that will be restricted to vaccinated people in future?

Just curious. Why do they black out your name?
Old 12-16-20, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Why do they black out your name?
Thatís simple - once the microchip is in you, you no longer need a name. Just an alpha-numeric designation. Duh!
The following 2 users liked this post by bunkaroo:
emanon (12-17-20), Psi (12-17-20)
Old 12-17-20, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm vaccinated bitches!

Congrats.

Don't know when I'll be up. I'm employed by a medical group and filled out a survey last week saying I'm willing to take it whenever but I work from home and don't interact with patients at all so I'm guessing we'll either be the last ones vaccinated with medical professionals or soon after all frontline workers are done.

The sooner the better. Outside of one night I spent with a friend before going out to protest with them in June I haven't spent more than 2 minutes around an adult since March 15th.
Old 12-17-20, 12:59 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Thatís simple - once the microchip is in you, you no longer need a name. Just an alpha-numeric designation. Duh!
I thought he is the real Donald Trump and does not want us to know.
Old 12-17-20, 08:59 AM

Heads up : It's not a big deal but I woke up and my right deltoid muscle is really sore. Woke me from sleep when I rolled over on it. Hurts to raise the arm up. Not agony, just more sore than a flu or tetanus shot. I took two Advil and am now waiting for it to kick in.
Old 12-17-20, 09:08 AM
Premium Member

Received 414 Likes on 326 Posts

My kids will have so much fun getting this - twice. But hey, they'll be able to go out again.
Old 12-17-20, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 522 Likes on 399 Posts

Heads up : It's not a big deal but I woke up and my right deltoid muscle is really sore. Woke me from sleep when I rolled over on it. Hurts to raise the arm up. Not agony, just more sore than a flu or tetanus shot. I took two Advil and am now waiting for it to kick in.
Sounds like my reactions to the flu shot every year.

I'm just an office drudge, we've been working from home since March and they've given no indication of making us go back into the office. Same with the wife and kid, working and schooling from home. I'm sure we're way lower on the list than everybody else, but once there's enough for everyone we'll sign up for it.

Did everybody see the news about the vials having extra doses in them?
Old 12-17-20, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
55K infected in California in the last 24 hours and 1 in 80 could have COVID. 1% ICU beds left in So. Cal. They got laxed weeks ago.
Yeah, we know this. But I mean post vaccine announcement Lax.
Old 12-17-20, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dvdtalker 1: I vote we just all have sex with Decker.
Dvdtalker2: Why, because he got vaccinated and Herd Immunity?
Dvdtalker 1: Sure, that too...
Old 12-17-20, 12:39 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 528 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post

Did everybody see the news about the vials having extra doses in them?
I don't think this is "news".
Many doses of various vaccines come with extra to account for spillage/transfer/whatever, don't they?
Or, additionally, is this a case of one vial having extra in order to administer the follow-up dose on time without risk of "running out" due to demand?

Either way, this really sounds like a non-story.
Old 12-17-20, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
My kids will have so much fun getting this - twice. But hey, they'll be able to go out again.
I thought it wasn't recommended for anyone under 16.
Old 12-17-20, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by bralph View Post
I thought it wasn't recommended for anyone under 16.
It isn't approved for anyone under 16 - at present (and the Moderna one was only clinically trialed for 18 and up, so that is what it will be approved for initially). But clinical trials of children are happening now and I suspect by the time the vaccine is readily available to everyone, it (or another one) will be approved for at least school-aged children.
Old 12-17-20, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 355 Likes on 261 Posts

I'm vaccinated bitches!

Didnít hurt at all. Just like a flu shot. Was given a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card from the CDC. Had to schedule a second dose for 1/6/21.
They are making us wait in a chair for 15 minutes like after you give blood.

I feel like celebrating. Where do they serve BRAINZ?
Is that third eye starting to grow? Does your forehead itch?

I'm waiting to see if I qualify for phase 2 through the VA.
Old 12-17-20, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I don't think this is "news".
Many doses of various vaccines come with extra to account for spillage/transfer/whatever, don't they?
Or, additionally, is this a case of one vial having extra in order to administer the follow-up dose on time without risk of "running out" due to demand?

Either way, this really sounds like a non-story.
The articles I read said that while there is generally extra, there isn't enough extra for a full dose or two. It is a good question of whether this amount is the same across all vials, so that they don't administer extra first shots and come up short on second doses.
Old 12-17-20, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 522 Likes on 399 Posts

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...panding-supply

"At this time, given the public health emergency, FDA is advising that it is acceptable to use every full dose obtainable (the sixth, or possibly even a seventh) from each vial, pending resolution of the issue," the FDA wrote in a tweet.
At this time, given the public health emergency, FDA is advising that it is acceptable to use every full dose obtainable (the sixth, or possibly even a seventh) from each vial, pending resolution of the issue.
— U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) December 17, 2020As health care workers prepared for the vaccine's arrival, they expected to receive vials holding five doses. That left many surprised by the overfilled containers.
Basically, each vial is usually set for 5 doses, but there's always a bit of an overage. So now they're able to get a sixth or seventh dose out of each vial. If we're talking hundreds of thousands of vials, and if even a third of those have an extra dose, that's tens of thousands more doses than initially figured.
Not exactly non-news IMHO.
Old 12-17-20, 03:35 PM
Admin

Received 298 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...panding-supply

Basically, each vial is usually set for 5 doses, but there's always a bit of an overage. So now they're able to get a sixth or seventh dose out of each vial. If we're talking hundreds of thousands of vials, and if even a third of those have an extra dose, that's tens of thousands more doses than initially figured.
Not exactly non-news IMHO.
Squeeze very last drop out of those vials. Let's get people safe and get the world back on track.
Old 12-17-20, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 804 Likes on 590 Posts

Next week: "Okay, we're going to have to take off that arm..."

Old 12-17-20, 06:29 PM

Today was supposed to be tanman's day. Where you at, tanman? Hope you survived the vaccination.
Old 12-17-20, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 319 Likes on 232 Posts

Today was supposed to be tanman's day. Where you at, tanman? Hope you survived the vaccination.
Dammit beat me by a day Decker! I bet you did keep your appointment just to be the first. Lol.

BOOM done!!!

The atmosphere was absolutely electric. Everyone was in good spirits and happy to be there. It was almost like a celebration. Trust me when I say that we are so excited for this to be over. I did post it on FB and of course one of my anti mask almost to the point of being a virus denier commented that I was braver than she was and she would wait and see how it goes first (which that part is reasonable). I responded by saying Iíve seen a lot of brave things in healthcare this past year and I donít consider this brave. In fact it will remove the requirement of having to be brave just to show up for work for a lot of frontline healthcare workers.
The following 3 users liked this post by tanman:
danwiz (12-18-20), eXcentris (12-18-20), Psi (12-18-20)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.