Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Other Talk "Otterville"

Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Old 12-14-20, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,059 Likes on 1,324 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Yes but those morons who got the illness and survived do figure into the equation. That will help getting to 70% a lot quicker in this country.
Old 12-14-20, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: Itís the beginning of the end of COVID-19!!! Vaccines are here and Iím getting mine in a few days.

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Wait, is hydrocephalus a potential side effect of the vaccine?
That's what I've heard. Some people are saying.
Old 12-15-20, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 243 Likes on 143 Posts

I’ve been told mine is 2 weeks away, so realistically I’ll be surprised to get it any earlier than 1/1/21.
It looks like most of these vaccines 2 doses. Pfizer has them 21 days apart, Moderna and AstraZeneca have theirs 28 days apart. Johnson & Johnson is the only one that doesn’t require a second shot. I wonder if that's factored in on the numbers? If they say 20 million vaccines, is that enough for 10 million people or do they count both doses as one unit?
Old 12-15-20, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Who's going to enforce the "rules"? How do we know there won't be riots over which (non caregiver / first-responders) can call first dibs on the vaccine? Is there a truly co-ordinated effort ("triage" as it were) to enforce the vaccine "guidelines" 100%? Is skipping in line an arrestable offence? Fineable? Or just a really shitty thing to do, with no real repercussions, except being selfish and denying others who need it more the right to have it first? How do we know there won't be people who try to skip / pay their way out of / insist that *they* come first??

Me? I couldn't care less. Hell, I'm happy to be at the last of the pool, because I do intend to remain very cautious for the next 6 months to even full year. Until most, if not all the people who are going to vaccinate, DO actually vaccinate. Meaning receive both doses. I can wait, I've been waiting 9+ months already.

Just because it's available now, people are going to start going hogwild in abandoning the stay-at-home rules, go out with abandon doing all the things they "missed" because, well now we've got the vaccine, and BAM! we're "normal" again. I wonder just how prevalent that highly mistaken mentality is going to be.
Old 12-15-20, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm in no hurry to get it. I want to see what the side effects are before I receive it.
Old 12-15-20, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 357 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I'm in no hurry to get it. I want to see what the side effects are before I receive it.
After six months of no side effects it will become, "I'll wait to see if any side effects after one year."

Meanwhile, the pandemic continues because everyone is waiting.
The following 2 users liked this post by TomOpus:
Deftones (12-15-20), Why So Blu? (12-15-20)
Old 12-15-20, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I get mine next Monday. Already had Covid in October so 🤷‍♂️.
Old 12-15-20, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

I have a family reunion next July (that was postponed from July 2020) so all I really hope for is that everyone gets vaccinated before then.
Old 12-15-20, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Vaccine day, folks.

Remember folks its vaccine day. get your shot then the second shot of the "vacccine"

then the real fun begins where the vaccine makes you sick and feel like crap big time
Old 12-15-20, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 395 Likes on 191 Posts
Re: Vaccine day, folks.

Unless you're just hung over.
Old 12-15-20, 12:23 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 529 Likes on 379 Posts
Re: Vaccine day, folks.

Why not just post in the existing thread?
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk...-few-days.html
Old 12-15-20, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm probably way down the list but I'll definitely get it as soon as I'm able to. I just got my flu shot the other day and that was way later than I intended to.
So excited for the first folks to get it, and thank you, health care personnel, for all you have done and risked during this crazy and dangerous time.
Old 12-15-20, 02:27 PM
Banned

Vaccine Day, folks. Have fun getting sick at least twice from the "vaccine"

the second shot youre going to have so much fun
Old 12-15-20, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 395 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post

Bartender? No more for this guy, please.
The following users liked this post:
tanman (12-17-20)
Old 12-15-20, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 150 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
The first vaccinated Otters should be put in quarantine and under observation (meaning chained in the basement) for 2 weeks. Do we really want vaccinated Decker and tanman just running around Otter? What if they turn into zombies? Or worse, Trump supporters!
I would definitely prefer a zombie apocalypse over more Trump cultists, though it's not all that easy to tell the difference. At least the zombies are actually looking for brains.
The following 2 users liked this post by AGuyNamedMike:
IBJoel (12-21-20), Mondo Kane (12-24-20)
Old 12-15-20, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 150 Likes on 107 Posts

Remember folks its vaccine day. get your shot then the second shot of the "vacccine"

then the real fun begins where the vaccine makes you sick and feel like crap big time
Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Unless you're just hung over.

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Bartender? No more for this guy, please.
South Dakota? Definitely DTs.
Old 12-15-20, 02:50 PM
Admin

Received 298 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
After six months of no side effects it will become, "I'll wait to see if any side effects after one year."

Meanwhile, the pandemic continues because everyone is waiting.
My wife is turning into one of those. Me, I'd like to see 3 months in the general population and then I'll be comfortable. I'll be comfortable by end of March and since my number won't be up to get it anyway it all works out for me.
Old 12-15-20, 09:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Me too...
Old 12-16-20, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

I should be sooner rather than later. Education is fairly high on the list. Group 1B or 1D, from what I've seen. Since my department is essential on-campus professional staff, I expect it sometime in January. Can't freakin' wait.
Old 12-16-20, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 297 Likes on 220 Posts

I'm not really sure where I'll fall on the list. I technically work with first responders, but we would fall behind a few other groups. Plus, I'm able to work remotely in my position, so I know I wouldn't be a high priority even within my company. I'm happy to wait.
Old 12-16-20, 08:22 AM

Received 243 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
Me too...
Which side effect are you hoping for? Length or girth? A bit of each would be great, but if I had to choose one, what a tough call. Iíll think on it and get back to you.
Old 12-16-20, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I pray this works.
Old 12-16-20, 09:57 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts

I'll be lining up for my Bill Gates microchip as soon as I'm eligible.
Old 12-16-20, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Hope I get a email from my local CVS when they received the vaccine.
Old 12-16-20, 11:20 AM
Banned

you do realize theyre gonna put a tracking chip in that "vaccine" so they can know where you are

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.