Multi-generational home with older and younger members
8.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Your Personal Quarantine Situation Poll

Old 03-22-20, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Your Personal Quarantine Situation Poll

At. some point, everyone everywhere is going to need to hunker down and stay in place for as long as possible as a civic duty to flatten the curve.
I'm just curious who else, if anyone, you're stuck with.

I've caring for an elderly relative who I'm trying to keep as live as long as possible, though she's making it very difficult.
Old 03-22-20, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Your Personal Quarantine Situation Poll

I’m home alone although I am still reporting to work. I’ve been single for quite a while and it’s been totally fine. It’s odd that now I’m feeling lonely and not when I was a hermit on purpose for so many years.

Last edited by Toddarino; 03-22-20 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-22-20, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still working about like normal. Last week was really lite so itís like a vacation and relax time. Waiting for looming financial doom to take over.
Old 03-22-20, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Home with my husband, and youngest son, who is 22.
Old 03-22-20, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I went diving this morning, then to the grocery store with dozens of people standing in line. Every other day last week I rode my bike between 24 and 60 miles.
Old 03-22-20, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

At home (when not working) with wife & two kids. Only places we've been is the grocery store and work. Kids haven't been anywhere since last week. The wife took them to Hobby Lobby to get some fabric to teach them some sewing while they're out of school. Oh, we had one nice weather day so we all went to the park Friday for a walk.

I know restaurants need business but I've been dieting so it's been nice not going out for any fast food the last two weeks.
Old 03-22-20, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Working from home with a wife who is currently laid off, and two kids (13 and 10) out of school for at least two more weeks (and I have a strong feeling that will be extended). My wife or I have just briefly gone shopping for groceries or medicine a couple times this week, and have been taking the kids for a walk everyday (we're in a rural area and don't run into anyone).

Old 03-22-20, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Do we count imaginary friends?
Old 03-22-20, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm at home (apartment building, 4 stories, about 24-28 units I think) by myself in my apartment.

I was traveling for work (Memphis areas) up until 3/12, so I have basically been in my apartment since the morning of the 13th. The only times I've left was to throw out garbage, pick up packages in the lobby or walk like a minute away to Amazon Hub for my complex. Been really trying to self-quarantine because of my travel, at least until Friday of this week. I have a few minor health things, a soar throat at one point, a little bit of a cough here and there, but no fever so far (I have a thermometer to check my temp every couple of days), so for now it's more of a precaution for everyone.

I stocked up on a lot of food and supplies when I landed on the 12th and then the morning of the 13th, so I'm in really good shape in that regard.

If and when I need to go to a grocery store, I literally have like 6 of them I can walk to in 15-20 minutes of less (two local grocery stores, a Target, a Whole Foods, a Trader Joes and an Aldi).

I already work from home about 50% of the time, so it's not been a drastic change from that end. I'm also in an industry that is both benefiting and hurting from this whole thing (logistics, the company I work for manages other companies warehouses). I think it would have to go on for a really long time to start to worry about job security, but who knows, I may just be asked to start going to a semi-local warehouse to help out.
Old 03-23-20, 07:14 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

From the poll, chose With Spouse or SO and child/children, although in this case our child is our dog.

Other than work travel (for me) and trips to the dog park (or walking the dog) and/or grocery store (for my wife), we've been staying at home, being as cautious as we can when we're out. That's pretty much the extent of our self-quarantine.

Last edited by kd5; 03-24-20 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-23-20, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm at home with my SAHM wife and our 3 and 5 year old. If it was just the wife and I, this would be a cakewalk. With the little ones, it's a struggle keeping them both in decent moods and not fighting. Since we're also in charge of the 5 year old's schooling, that's another layer of difficulty. Such is life.
Old 03-23-20, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We have not been in a public place since March 13th. I'm staying at home with my husband and we are making baked goods, doing snow work (it's still BIG TIME winter here in Fairbanks, AK). The weather and the government is telling us to stay at home and that is what we're doing. Some supplies are getting on the low side as we were unable to stock up due to the greedy Mother F***ers who are hoarding.
The following users liked this post:
Trevor (03-25-20)
Old 03-23-20, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Hunkered down at home with the wife, 2 cats, and dog. Been taking the dog out for long morning walks before work and playing with him in the backyard. That's really the only outside time I've gotten.
Old 03-23-20, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I am enduring this virus the same way I have endured most of my life, alone.
Old 03-23-20, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Wife and 4yo son. They are staying in as I'm still needed at work. To be honest, not working from home is a good thing for me because it gives more space. But when i get home I take over dealing with child since she's has been doing it all day.
Old 03-23-20, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

With wife and kid in condo (under 1000 sf)
We're near a park, so we can go for walks.
Old 03-23-20, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
I am enduring this virus the same way I have endured most of my life, alone.
You are not alone. Well, O-OK, technically you are, but you're not alone in your aloneness.
Old 03-23-20, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's me, the wife and our 12 year old daughter. We are both still going to work as usual, and her parents are keeping the kiddo during the day since school is out until........whenever. We're just going out to grocery stores, and to a local park for bike riding on pretty evenings. Otherwise, just staying home, watching tv, doing house de-cluttering, playing games, etc.
Old 03-23-20, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm flying solo. I've been working from home since last June, so impact to my daily life has been pretty minimal.
Old 03-23-20, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Flying pretty much solo. My mom is about 5 minutes away so we do get together every other day or so and walk or have a meal. Sheís 67 so Iím looking out for her and Iím 47 but just had a liver transplant in November so my immune system isnít great. Weíre both being super careful. Got plenty of everything I need so the only time I go out is to the hospital on Mondays for lab work. Iíve been a shut in for over a year now so I figure whatís a couple more months (hopefully)?
Old 03-23-20, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just me at home now. Spouse has to work and we're not happy about it. She works at a construction company and they get an exemption for construction of infrastructure or some such... She's got her own office fortunately. Other employees there were denied PTO requests for this week with the owner bad-mouthing them for panicking. Thanks for that I'm sure goes to DJT.
Old 03-24-20, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm home with my 5 and 2 year old while my doctor wife goes to the hospital. I'm a stay at home dad, so it's not a total change for me, but I had gotten pretty used to my 5yo going to kindergarten every day. We live in a nice, walkable neighborhood, so we spend a lot of time outdoors when the weather is good. It hasn't been as tough as I initially thought it would be, but my number one parenting move in the summers and on weekends is to always have somewhere to go and something to do. With that out of the equation, I can feel us all going just a little bit crazy. If it were just me and the wife I think this might be the greatest few weeks of my life (tragic realities of the situation aside). Nothing to do but putter around at home and watch movies? Sign me up. However, kids crush that dream like they do so many others.

​​​​
Old 03-26-20, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312 View Post
I'm home with my 5 and 2 year old while my doctor wife goes to the hospital. I'm a stay at home dad​​​​

On a serious note. Thank her for what she does.

Less serious...I LOVE hearing stories where guys "marry UP". Go you!
Old 03-26-20, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

That's me (just much older)

Old 03-26-20, 08:43 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
..I LOVE hearing stories where guys "marry UP". Go you!
We’re posting on a message board. If any of us are married, we married up.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.