COVID-19 NON-POLITICAL Thread

Other Talk "Otterville"

COVID-19 NON-POLITICAL Thread

Old 11-05-21, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: COVID-19 NON-POLITICAL Thread

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Getting my Moderna booster a week from tomorrow - I have a concert that night, but I have left the day after free in case I feel shit.
I did get knocked my ass after my 2nd shot, but not till the day after, so I should be okay for the concert.
I got my Moderna booster Wednesday at around 5:15 PM. I had no effects from the first two shots that I can remember. I woke up Wednesday night into Thursday with chills and overall body ache. I had to take Ibuprofen to get back to sleep. Felt fine in the morning, but after working out around noon, I had to again take Ibuprofen because the chills and body ache came back. They started coming back around bed time, another round of Ibuprofen to get to bed, and I feel perfectly fine today. I don't know if it was just the booster because I also got the Tdap and the first HPV round while I was there.
Old 11-05-21, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 223 Likes on 157 Posts

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm also getting a flu shot at the same time!
Old 11-05-21, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 481 Likes on 346 Posts

Got my Pfizer booster today. Man I felt that fucking thing in the muscle.
Old 11-05-21, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 538 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Apprehension aside, did you have an enjoyable trip? How was the art museum?
We had a great trip. Usually we have to keep to a schedule and worry about getting back home in time. This trip allowed for enough days to be as relaxed as we wanted. We could stop to look at Cadillac Ranch, a town in Kansas with red brick streets from the 1910s, the West Baden Springs hotel in Indiana, and we spent a day and a half at Niagara Falls.

We made a decision to stay in a better class of hotels after landing in one by accident. We usually stay in budget places. The hotels cost a lot more, but they were better for my asthma. Maybe more expensive cleaning agents are less toxic. I think it was worth the money.

Wendersfan recommended the art museum in Cleveland, and it was immense. There was no way we could see all the exhibits we wanted in just six hours, let alone the whole place. We saw a lot of paintings we recognized from books. Someone sent me a text asking me what was the favorite thing I saw, but I was too overwhelmed to answer.

I bought a used Lexus GS350 just before Covid, and it stayed in the driveway for a year. This is the first time I've taken it out of town. It turned out to be a great road trip car.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 11-05-21 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-05-21, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 336 Likes on 208 Posts

Just got my COVID booster shot. My original vaccine was Pfizer, but I opted for the Moderna booster. I've got nothing planned this weekend (except grading papers) so if I'm feeling bad I can just stay in and rest.
Old 11-05-21, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 538 Likes on 360 Posts

It's been eight hours since my Pfizer booster shot. I'm queasy and only ate half my dinner, and my arm is slightly sore. I can live with this.
Old 11-05-21, 10:18 PM

Received 143 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
We had a great trip. Usually we have to keep to a schedule and worry about getting back home in time. This trip allowed for enough days to be as relaxed as we wanted. We could stop to look at Cadillac Ranch, a town in Kansas with red brick streets from the 1910s, the West Baden Springs hotel in Indiana, and we spent a day and a half at Niagara Falls.

We made a decision to stay in a better class of hotels after landing in one by accident. We usually stay in budget places. The hotels cost a lot more, but they were better for my asthma. Maybe more expensive cleaning agents are less toxic. I think it was worth the money.

Wendersfan recommended the art museum in Cleveland, and it was immense. There was no way we could see all the exhibits we wanted in just six hours, let alone the whole place. We saw a lot of paintings we recognized from books. Someone sent me a text asking me what was the favorite thing I saw, but I was too overwhelmed to answer.

I bought a used Lexus GS350 just before Covid, and it stayed in the driveway for a year. This is the first time I've taken it out of town. It turned out to be a great road trip car.
Glad you guys had a great time. Especially happy you enjoyed the Museum. We used to go 3 or 4 times per year, but haven't been there for 5 years or so. I should get back next time I visit. Some of our best times were doing the double of the art museum and Natural History museum right across the street.
Old 11-06-21, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danwiz View Post
Got my Moderna booster about 22 hours ago now. At this point, I only have injection site pain. The person who jabbed me asked me what my reaction was to the second dose and I said "not nearly as bad as Shingrix", to which she replied,"Yeah, that's a bad one!"
Man, I got the Moderna booster on Tuesday, and when I woke up Wednesday morning I felt like I had gotten hit by a Mack truck! Body aches all over, terrible chest congestion, freezing cold (which later turned to sweats). Most of the symptoms went away by Thursday morning, but the congestion hasn't quite left yet. Honestly hadn't felt that bad in probably 10+ years, so happy to have that behind me.

Shingrix was a rough one, my arm hurt for a solid month afterwards!
Old 11-06-21, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 864 Likes on 629 Posts

Is soreness at the injection site really a side effect?

Aren't all injection sites sore the next day or two?

Hell, after I've have dental work, the place the dentist gave me the shot in gums is sore for one or two days.
The following users liked this post:
VinVega (11-09-21)
Old 11-06-21, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 336 Likes on 208 Posts

My shoulder is sore as hell today, much worse than when I got my original two doses, and I feel tired and achy all over and have had chills. Could be worse, and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
Old 11-06-21, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 481 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

Aren't all injection sites sore the next day or two?

Hell, after I've have dental work, the place the dentist gave me the shot in gums is sore for one or two days.
I got a flu shot a few weeks ago. Felt nothing and had no arm soreness. With this, it is like someone punched my arm at full strength.
Old 11-06-21, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Some 20 hours after my Moderna booster my arm felt like somebody had punched me - hard! I also had a very minor fever for 3 or 4 hours. Today (2 days after the injection) I have no pain at all. Back to feeling normal.
AGuyNamedMike (11-08-21)
Old 11-06-21, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 314 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I mean, if the intent of a vaccine injection is to make your arm sore, then it's not a side-effect. Otherwise, it is a side-effect, and a common one for almost all injections.

I'm getting sick of them, frankly. Haven't had my booster yet, but of course had the two previous. Got the flu shot a couple weeks ago, Shingrix part 1 last week. Tdap next week, and then I have the 2nd shingrix and booster to look forward to.
Old 11-08-21, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

I had my pfizer booster last week. This time, I didn't even feel the injection, and it was slightly sore the next day. My wife, who was pretty sick with her second shot, just felt a little off with her booster.
Old 11-09-21, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 344 Likes on 251 Posts

My daughter got her first shot today. I'm a bit concerned with them mixing up the vials between the adults and the kids so I confirmed what they were giving her. Remember it's not a bad idea to do this when getting a shot. You can always ask to see the vaccine. I was surprised our pediatrician's office wasn't stocking it. They claimed storage issues and staffing issues. And my hospital wasn't having a mass vaccination event so we had to go to Publix. Decker are you still vaccinating your patients?
The following 2 users liked this post by tanman:
Norm de Plume (11-09-21), story (11-09-21)
Old 11-09-21, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
My daughter got her first shot today. I'm a bit concerned with them mixing up the vials between the adults and the kids so I confirmed what they were giving her.
I thought the vials had a different colored caps to distinguish them apart from the adult dose.
Old 11-09-21, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 344 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I thought the vials had a different colored caps to distinguish them apart from the adult dose.
They do. The one for adults is purple the one for kids is orange. But they are multidose vials and what happens after that first dose when that cap is gone? Sure the coloring continues on the labeling but it's very slight. Pharmacies are really busy places too and with a huge technician shortage I expect there to be reports of mixed up vials/doses.
Old 11-09-21, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I originally got the J&J and opted for the Moderna booster. I felt both shots but told my wife I thought the pharmacist injected the booster into my skeleton. Other than a little soreness, no side effects at all. I also recently got the flu shot and my second Shingrix. No side effects from them either.
Old 11-09-21, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 333 Likes on 230 Posts

I initially received the J&J and I’m opting for the Moderna booster based on the recommendation of the nurse at work.
Im hoping to get in tomorrow otherwise it’ll be two weeks from now.
Old 11-09-21, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 847 Likes on 669 Posts

So what's the recommendation? is it just for people who originally got J&J or is there some other benefit to switching up doses for the booster? I was just going to get the same one (Phizer) i got originally.
Old 11-09-21, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 333 Likes on 230 Posts

She said that obviously something is better than nothing, but based on very early data and her knowledge of how the vaccines work, she thinks if you mix and match vaccines, it may end up casting a wider net of coverage protection.
Old 11-09-21, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I ended up getting a Pfizer booster (after initial Pfizer shots). I considered switching, but it seems like there might be increased risks as well as benefits from doing that, so I just stuck with what I already had.
The following 2 users liked this post by tasha99:
Norm de Plume (11-09-21), story (11-09-21)
Old 11-09-21, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Just got my Moderna booster last night - at Walgreens.
All went well. I specifically asked the pharmacist to verify I was getting a 1/2 dose. He mentioned the way I filled out their form determined that. So they ask you several questions that would determine if you are immunocompromised, and if you answer yes you get a full dose for the booster.

Feeling fine 16 hours later. Maybe some fatigue.
The following 3 users liked this post by bunkaroo:
emanon (11-09-21), Norm de Plume (11-09-21), story (11-09-21)
Old 11-09-21, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 168 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
I was planning to get my booster last week, but I had chills when I went to bed, so decided to get a test instead.

Turns out I have Covid! So do my kids (7 and 9). Somehow my kids dodged the Covid bullet, though.
Man, I just looked back on this and realized I meant to say my kids got it, but my wife dodged the Covid bullet. We masked at home for about two weeks. I just got a rapid test this morning and I'm clear now. My wife got tested twice and never got it.
Old 11-09-21, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 464 Likes on 372 Posts

Got my Moderna booster this past Sunday morning. No side effects except that sore arm for most of yesterday, but it's gone now.
kahuna (11-11-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.