Reload this Page >

Question about Joe Rogan...

Other Talk "Otterville"

Question about Joe Rogan...

Old 05-21-20, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Question about Joe Rogan...

Has amount of the contract been released? I've heard upwards of $200 million which is mind blowing.
Old 05-22-20, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

He has had the same wife since 2009

I thought he would be the type of guy that goes to strip clubs every night.

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 05-25-20 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-24-20, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I thought he would be the type of guy that goes to strip clubs every night.
Really? I've never gotten that impression from listening to him. With some comics I definitely get that vibe, but not Rogan.
Old 05-24-20, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Joe Rogan is an overpaid, untalented, very crass and conceited asshole. That's all.
Old 05-24-20, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
Who would have guessed that Joe Rogan would become the most famous/richest person from NewsRadio?
Or that Andy Dick would still be alive in 2020 and someone else would have an untimely death during the shows run.
Old 05-25-20, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Here’s a funny little clip of him (at the time just starting Fear Factor on ABC) arguing with Vinny Favale (then a head of late night programming at CBS) on Howard Stern:

https://clyp.it/brsvtud1?token=1ccae...a1f88f94648c6f
Old 05-25-20, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 118 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Has amount of the contract been released? I've heard upwards of $200 million which is mind blowing.
I heard it was 100 million.
Old 05-25-20, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Joe Rogan is an overpaid, untalented, very crass and conceited asshole. That's all.
Well, he has huge viewer/listener numbers and that's what Spotify cares about and is willing to pay him for.
Old 05-26-20, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Indianapolis, IN. "Double standards... ...double standards everywhere." Buzz_Lightyear_says_to_Woody_while_gesturing_with_his_arm.gif
Received 531 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I heard it was 100 million.
Isn't that about what Howard Stern is making?
Old 05-26-20, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of his but he handled himself very well here.

Old 09-01-20, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Joe Rogan made his Spotify debut on Tuesday, but apparently not all of his podcast episodes made the cut.

Dozens of past episodes with controversial guests are notably absent from the new Joe Rogan Experience channel, such as interviews with conspiracy theorists Alex Jones and David Seaman, far-right figures such as Owen Benjamin, Stefan Molyneux, Milo Yiannopoulos, Gavin McInnes, Charles C. Johnson, and Sargon of Akkad, as well as comedian Chris D'Elia (who has recently been accused of sexual impropriety). Also seemingly absent is an early episode where Rogan regular Joey Diaz infamously joked about coercing female comics into performing oral sex — an exchange that resurfaced in the press in the wake of the Spotify deal. A few of the vanished episodes were more perplexing, however, such as an interview with pot activist Tommy Chong.

When the Spotify deal was announced in May, Rogan told his listeners that "beginning Sept. 1, the entire JRE library will be available on Spotify." Now Rogan's fans are wondering whether Spotify refused to allow certain episodes, or if Rogan himself decided to trim the archive of his most frequently criticized content, or if this was some sort of oddly specific temporary oversight. A representative for Spotify and Rogan did not return a request for comment, and Rogan's Twitter feed was silent on the matter.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163929732.html
Old 09-02-20, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not suprised these episodes are missing. Howard Stern has been doing this for years with his archives on Sirius with the more racy and controversial content not being available. Rogan, like Stern, won't address the missing episodes and I bet at the end of the day, this won't affect Rogan's popularity.
Old 09-02-20, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Joe is goofy, he mainly has guests on that fit his narrative (i.e. pro meateaters (he's addicted to red meat), Atheists, dope heads, etc...) but he's entertaining. I like when he has big time names on like Robert Downey Jr.

While he didn't mess up with the Spotify deal (he gets his cash either way - for those of you who don't know, he made 100,000 off the deal) - Spotify doesn't allow you to stream the available videos from the app on your TV, xbox, etc....you can start them on the phone app and then cast them but that's a no-go for me. Eventually all video and audio podcasts will only be allowed on spotify so there will be a huge drop off in viewing numbers (very large).
Old 09-02-20, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

The missing episodes are still widely available on YouTube.
Old 09-02-20, 10:57 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
for those of you who don't know, he made 100,000 off the deal
I sure hope he made more than that!
Old 09-02-20, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
Spotify doesn't allow you to stream the available videos from the app on your TV, xbox, etc....you can start them on the phone app and then cast them but that's a no-go for me. Eventually all video and audio podcasts will only be allowed on spotify so there will be a huge drop off in viewing numbers (very large).
Well that's bullshit, why not? Spotify pulled the same thing with their Metallica series, you could only watch it on your phone (or cast it). Spotify has apps on devices like Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Xbox, Playstation, etc. so why in the world would Spotify not allow you to play their video content on those apps, but their music is no problem. I just don't get it. I watch Rogan's podcast on youtube, I don't listen to the audio only, so eventually I'm going to have to fuck around with casting it to my TV from my phone? Ugh.

BTW since the pandemic and me working from home, I've watched a ton of his podcasts. I've really grown to like his interviewing style, I find it very engaging, in spite of his occasional oddball theories and guests. I still find it interesting and informative even if I sometimes disagree. It's still far better than the talking head, shallow interview garbage that many others do.
Old 09-02-20, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
BTW since the pandemic and me working from home, I've watched a ton of his podcasts. I've really grown to like his interviewing style, I find it very engaging, in spite of his occasional oddball theories and guests. I still find it interesting and informative even if I sometimes disagree. It's still far better than the talking head, shallow interview garbage that many others do.
Seconded 100%. We'll see what happens in December but it would be stupid if they never allow the video to be viewed through TV devices.
Old 09-02-20, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rogan's interviews are often three or four hours, sometimes even longer. Who the hell is going to watch the podcast on their phones, especially at those lengths? I still don't get the reasoning of streaming video content to phones only, not TV devices. How successful has Quibi been? And those are short videos.
Old 09-02-20, 05:10 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Rogan's best moments are when he pushes back against the stupidity of something a guest has said, because he kind of goes all-in, no matter who they are. Problem is, he doesn't seem to do it as often as he should (some stuff goes over his head), and he's got a few dumb ideas of his own.
He does seem to have distanced himself from certain people though who were more interested in Exposure than actual conversation.

Sucks about the video streaming issues. Sounds like Spotify (and Rogan) didn't really think through the implications of bringing a YouTuber to a predominantly audio platform, but hopefully they work out those kinks and open up the video options for those that want it.
Old 09-02-20, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rogan's interviews are often three or four hours, sometimes even longer. Who the hell is going to watch the podcast on their phones, especially at those lengths? I still don't get the reasoning of streaming video content to phones only, not TV devices. How successful has Quibi been? And those are short videos.

I was wondering why Quibi never showed up on my Smart TV
Old 09-04-20, 08:19 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Based on this clip, it kind of seems like Rogan realized who some of the grifters are, and this could be what influenced the decision to pull at least some of the episodes from the Spotify deal? Hmm.

Counter-point: he's SUPER high in this clip.
Old 09-14-20, 08:54 AM

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

I'd love to see Rogan moderate a Presidential debate.

Old 09-14-20, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That would be awesome.
Old 09-14-20, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

do people "watch" his podcast? Like it's 2 people talking in a room. Whether you are on your phone,tv,pc,tablet etc. I would think most people are visually looking at something else or listening to as background noise.
Old 09-14-20, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Rogan's new studio will take time to get used to. It's so unusual that it looks unreal with the patterns and orange backlighting. Not sure why he went so drastically away from his old studio's look which seems so much more cozy.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.