Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Another Neighbor Problem

Old 09-18-19, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Another Neighbor Problem

Two times that he's seen. Maybe the kid does it all the time when Mabuse is out yelling at other people?
Old 09-18-19, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Good point. He may do it at night when we’re asleep as well.

And BTW, I do have a 12 year old daughter. This boy is around 14. I think I’m within my rights to be angry about peeping.

Also, I’m not 100% clear if it is the neighbor’s son, or one of his friends.
Old 09-18-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post

And BTW, I do have a 12 year old daughter. This boy is around 14. I think I’m within my rights to be angry about peeping.

That bit of info really changes the dynamic of the situation. Get a airsoft gun and give him a couple warning shots across the bow.
Old 09-18-19, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Threatening to shoot a 14 year old makes you lucky you got a friendly visit from his father and not an angry visit from the police.
my thought too

you have every right to be pissed. I wouldn't have ignored it. I also wouldn't have threatened to shoot a 14yo boy, even if he was peeping.

Funny thing is, judging by the things you've posted, if someone threatened to shoot your kid for doing something wrong instead of talking to you, we would have a different epic thread here. Unlike the mom, who just refuses to look at you, you would have gone apeshit. Or at least talked a big game on DVDTalk.
Old 09-18-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If my kid did something that stupid i’d be siding with the neighbor.
Old 09-18-19, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If my kid did something that stupid i’d be siding with the neighbor.
Glad to see someone has some sense! I guess the kid *and* the parents need to be spanked! That'll cure 'em.
Old 09-18-19, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was reminded of this thread just now when I got home to a deep, dark bicycle tire skid pretty far up on my driveway, close to the garage door, left by my neighbor's pre-teen kid. I'll have to wash and scrub it pretty hard to clean.
Should I ask my neighbor to get his kid to clean it?
The fuck was he doing on my driveway anyhow?
Old 09-18-19, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I was reminded of this thread just now when I got home to a deep, dark bicycle tire skid pretty far up on my driveway, close to the garage door, left by my neighbor's pre-teen kid. I'll have to wash and scrub it pretty hard to clean.
lay down some spike strips
Old 09-18-19, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do you know it was him?

And, yeah, that would piss me off. I'm guessing you have a concrete driveway?
Old 09-18-19, 08:29 PM

Start hanging out on your roof, peeping at your neighbor's wife.
If he says anything, just tell him the same things he told you.
"Technically I was on my property. Did I come on to your property? Did I damage anything on your property?”
Old 09-18-19, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
Start hanging out on your roof, peeping at your neighbor's wife.
If he says anything, just tell him the same things he told you.
"Technically I was on my property. Did I come on to your property? Did I damage anything on your property?”
I don't know. his neighbor sounds like A Serious Man.
Old 09-19-19, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You guys always seem amused by my neighbor stories, so here’s another chapter of the saga.

Part 1 of the story happened in June. I’m sitting outside reading a book alone around noon. I glance up and I’m surprised to see a person standing up fully astride the very top of the roof.

Here’s a picture I took today so you can better understand the layout.

https://postimg.cc/JDKhNYXv

That’s a two story building. For an idea of scale that wall/fence is 8 feet tall. The top of the roof must be 20-25 feet off the ground.

It’s an unatttached garage with a small apartment unit upstairs.

So the person is standing right at the peek of the roof. It’s a teenage boy. The neighbors have a teenage boy, but I wasn’t sure if it was him or one of his buddies. The other side of the structure has a second floor balcony, so he’d shimmied up there for some reason. I wasn’t sure if he was going to jump into my pool or what. I just said, “Hey.” Because I was really surprised. The kid looked down and saw me and was really startled. He scrambled down really fast. Afterward I wasn’t thrilled with how I handled it. I felt bad that I’d startled him. What if he’d been so startled he fell off the roof. Or what if he hurt himself getting down. I mean this guy flew down he was sostartled.

I just thought it was stupid teen behavior. I told the wife about it. BIG MISTAKE. The summer of 2019 became the Summer of the Roof Incident. Everywhere we went it was like, “Honey tell the roof story.” Every time we were shooting the shit with friends it was, “Tell them what the neighbors son did.” Blah, blah, blah. I got so tired of it.

I never said a word about it to the neighbor.

Part 2

Fast forward to Labor Day weekend.

It’s become clear throughout the summer that the neighbor family has let their high school freshman son move into the unit above the garage. He’s going to live there instead of in the house. The kid has some friends over and I can hear some noise. Just a few kids having a little party, no big deal.

I’m watching TV at 11:30 pm and my wife starts shouting, “He’s on the roof again. He’s on the roof again! I can see him!”

I’m like “Whatever. Who gives a fuck?” I’m so tired of this roof story, I wish I’d never told her.

She insists I come look and see. I look out and this time the person isn’t standing on the roof, he’s on his belly and I can see his head peering over the side looking at us.

My wife is like, “Do something!”
I’m like, “What do you want me to do?”
She’s like, “I don’t know.”

So I just yell at him. I don’t even care if he falls at this point. I’m so annoyed. I yelll, “Get the fuck down. Fuck off outa here. It was one thing during the day, the middle of the night is another. Get the fuck outa here!”

And the fucking kid just keeps watching me. In total defiance he just stays right where he is.

I said, “You are just too stupid. I can’t fucking believe you are this stupid. Get out of here or I will fuck you up.”

Now here’s where I maybe went a little too far.

I shouted, “What if I had a gun you dumb shit? You don’t know me. What if I was a nut with a gun. You could be fucking dead right now.”

He finally climbed down out of view and I could here a lot of chuckling and “You dumb ass,” remarks between the kids.

So the kid’s dad comes over the next day for the super uncomfortable talk. He informs me of what I already know, that his son will be living in the garage unit now. I inform him about what happened in June, and that I regret having not told him about the incident sooner. I told him part of my anger came from the fact that this wasn’t the first incident, that this is repeat behavior, and that I don’t like my wife being peeped on at 11:30 at night.

The guy is a fucking lawyer and he gives me such a lawyer answer. He’s all like, “Technically he was on my property. Did he come on to your property? Did he damage anything on your property?”

I said, “No, but it’s wrong behavior nevertheless.”

Blah, blah, blah we shook hands. I figured it was settled.

But the kicker is the neighbor’s wife. She won’t even look at me now. We used to have a casual friendly relationship. We’d wave when she’d drive by. Now no wave, no smile. Why? Because I yelled at her peeping dipshit son? That’s pretty weak. Your kid was dumb. Don’t treat me like a villain.

Perhaps from the boy's perspective you are all peeping at him. It was 11:30 at night and your wife was peeping out of a window in your house looking at the neighbor's property and then she encourages you to come over and watch the kid on your neighbor's property.
Old 09-19-19, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She might have a hairy pussy, if that’s what you mean Decker. I’m not sure.
Old 09-19-19, 12:16 AM

If you have blinds or curtains on your windows, the boy would not be able to see in.
Old 09-19-19, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
How do you know it was him?

And, yeah, that would piss me off. I'm guessing you have a concrete driveway?
Literally the only kid on my street who rides a bike, and he comes out the side of my neighbor's house, down my driveway, and back up the same, because it's easier, I guess. Maybe I should park my car in the driveway to block him?
And yes, concrete.
That neighbor's also a renter, so I already look down on him. But he is a douche, dude's already blocked my driveway multiple times when I'm trying to get home - who knows how many times he's blocked my driveway when I haven't been home.
Old 09-19-19, 10:24 AM

^sound like you need to threaten to shoot the punk down
Old 09-19-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Literally the only kid on my street who rides a bike, and he comes out the side of my neighbor's house, down my driveway, and back up the same, because it's easier, I guess. Maybe I should park my car in the driveway to block him?
And yes, concrete.
That neighbor's also a renter, so I already look down on him. But he is a douche, dude's already blocked my driveway multiple times when I'm trying to get home - who knows how many times he's blocked my driveway when I haven't been home.
Is he a shit-heel, or could you just ask him not to lay skids in your driveway, and show him why?

Old 09-19-19, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Is he a shit-heel, or could you just ask him not to lay skids in your driveway, and show him why?
No idea.
But what I've heard of parents over-reacting to other people approaching their kids makes me reticent to do so.

I'm certainly not going to curse at him like Mabuse.
Old 09-19-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm having a hard time imagining being upset about skid marks on my concrete driveway.
Old 09-19-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There sure are a bunch of hippies in this thread. I wouldn’t give a shit about the tire marks, get the fuck off my property. Also quit looking in my windows from the roof of your house at night. That’s fucking weird.
Old 09-19-19, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm less concerned about skid marks (though they are very deep/dark), than I am about neighbor kids not giving a fuck, and doing that seemingly intentionally.
It's more about the lack of respect than whatever the outcome may be.
Old 09-19-19, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well yeah, if the kid is doing it on purpose then that's an asshole move, I'd be miffed about that myself.
Old 09-19-19, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
What exactly do you (who have mentioned it) expect cops to do about a kid standing on his own roof?
This is the $1000 question.
Old 09-19-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
This is the $1000 question.
Checking the internet, while CA has "Peeping Tom" laws, I think you have to be loitering on the neighbor's property to enforce them. On his own roof is probably unenforceable, (but I'm not a lawyer).
Old 09-19-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If I called the cops on her son I’m sure the mom would be just as perturbed by me.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.