Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

I spent two days at Cedar Point

Old 08-07-19, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: I spent two days at Cedar Point

Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
I've personally always felt that MF is a bit overrated. In fact, 17 years ago I went to Cedar Point and actually preferred Magnum at that time. Magnum has since become much rougher.
I think the general consensus is that Fury 325 is indeed the superior ride and probably the best Giga in the world. I generally prefer B&Ms stuff to Intamin anyway. Still Fury325 is supposed to be light on aggression. Personally, I'm an airtime fiend and something like Steel Vengeance or Maverick is more up my alley. Also, I will say that you need to try Steel Vengeance before pronouncing something else #1. It's another level.

Yeah, I'll bet that thing is going to be incredible. The central Florida area does have a much, much better coaster line-up than it used to have.
You have GOT to try Fury then. It will be right up your alley. Definitely worth the price of admission alone if you ever find yourself in the Charlotte area. They also have the intimidator which is similar type ride with very smooth airtime.
Old 08-07-19, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
It is a seasonal park. If you go on a weekday/night and not one of the specials days, it's not bad at all. 10-15 minute wait times tops.
I'm sincerely glad to learn that. Filed for future reference. Sometimes it's good to be wrong...
Old 08-07-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm taking the family next weekend... it's a yearly thing for us. As I get older, I find myself getting awful headaches from the rides but they're still fun as hell.
Old 08-07-19, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Hiro, how were the crowds while you were there -- a peak summer day?
I'd say it was crowded. Lines for top rides were about 90 minutes almost all day. But again, I had paid for Fast Lane Plus which gave me essentially walk on ability at all rides. The only ride I waited for was Steel Vengeance and I waited an average of maybe ten minutes for that. The regular line at Steel Vengeance was two hours or more all day. If you're considering going to Cedar Point and you're going to be traveling, I really think paying for Fast Lane Plus is a good idea.
Old 08-07-19, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
You have GOT to try Fury then. It will be right up your alley. Definitely worth the price of admission alone if you ever find yourself in the Charlotte area. They also have the intimidator which is similar type ride with very smooth airtime.
Definitely! I need to get down to Carowinds.
Old 08-08-19, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was a great read. I still have not been to Cedar Point despite living in Ohio for over 25 years now, but I am going to remedy that next year with platinum passes from Kings Island (which will be getting a yet-to-be-officially-announced giga next year) that will get the family into Cedar Point and elsewhere.

Weekdays over the next couple of weeks would be a great time to go since many Ohio public schools resume next week.
Old 08-08-19, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by printerati View Post
Weekdays over the next couple of weeks would be a great time to go since many Ohio public schools resume next week.
Yup

https://www.isitpacked.com/crowd-calendars/cedar-point/
Old 08-10-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I was super into roller coasters as a teen, and got to go to Cedar Point the year Millennium Force opened.
That was the last time I went to Cedar Point as well. At the time I was still living in Michigan.

Our family used to go once every Summer and I remember how much fun it was. I definitely miss going!