DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twins

Can you tell them apart?

Old 06-30-19, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Twins

They are way too perky and annoying for me to watch first thing in the morning.

I generally can't tell people apart. Someone I've known for years changed her hairstyle last month, and I introduced myself to her at a party. But when I had a college roommate who had a twin who was also going to the same school, I learned to tell them apart. My roommate had a narrower skull than his brother. One of these women also has a narrower skull than her sister.
Old 06-30-19, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
They are way too perky and annoying for me to watch first thing in the morning.

I generally can't tell people apart. Someone I've known for years changed her hairstyle last month, and I introduced myself to her at a party. But when I had a college roommate who had a twin who was also going to the same school, I learned to tell them apart. My roommate had a narrower skull than his brother. One of these women also has a narrower skull than her sister.
You could have prosopagnosia (face blindness). My husband has that. We had been dating for MONTHS, and he once followed another woman around a grocery store because we had similar gaits and a French braid. She turned around and it wasn't me, lol. It's been an issue for him all his life, because people don't understand it and get offended if they aren't recognized. He didn't even realize he had face blindness until he was an adult, because he just assumed everyone found identifying people by their faces difficult (he uses gait primarily, and voice. And he loves it when people have extreme features that are easy to identify). I just tell people in the family, because I don't want them to be hurt if he doesn't recognize them in a different setting.

Last edited by tasha99; 06-30-19 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-30-19, 12:27 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
You could have prosopagnosia (face blindness). My husband has that.
What is butt blindness?

At a beach trip decades ago, a bunch of us were standing around the kitchen talking when my girlfriend slid in next to me at a counter. Put my arm around her, start stroking her long hair, and back, and then lower. At that point, I look across the room and see my girlfriend glaring at me. Oops.
Old 06-30-19, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg View Post
This is why we donít need YouTube to exist.
Old 07-01-19, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wearetheborg View Post
Can you tell them apart?
With makeup? Nope.

Without makeup? Easily. One of them got a huge zit on her forehead she probably can star in a new Alien movie. One of them got little flat moles on her face. One is also puffier cheeks than the other.
Old 07-01-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have twin cousins. I have to look at the ring finger of one of them (she's married, the other is not) to tell them apart. I just came back from a cruise with them haha
Old 07-01-19, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
What is butt blindness?

At a beach trip decades ago, a bunch of us were standing around the kitchen talking when my girlfriend slid in next to me at a counter. Put my arm around her, start stroking her long hair, and back, and then lower. At that point, I look across the room and see my girlfriend glaring at me. Oops.
What did the girl who you were touching do?!

I have twin nephews, but they're fraternal so... Easy peasy
Old 07-02-19, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
What is butt blindness?

What a stud.