Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: Anybody use CBD in some form?
Yes
41.67%
No
54.17%
What are you on CBD?
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Anybody use CBD in some form?

Old 05-22-19, 08:17 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Anybody use CBD in some form?

Cannabidiol (the non-high element in cannabis (which would be THC))

i know we have the marijuana thread, but i just heard about this stuff and took some of the gummy bears that have 25mg each little gummy. taste good, but i really think they are helping stuff. i used to get migraines all day, everyday and took a prescription for them which is not the best, but i felt better for a few hours when i took one.

anyway, heard this is for pain and anxiety and bunch of stuff. i originally tried the pharmaceutical capsules sold at my small pharmacy. big chains don't carry. maybe yet, maybe never. anyway, i thought these capsules (which were actually expensive, $60 for 30 15mg capsules) had negative effects and just didn't make me feel good at all. the pharmacist did neglect to mention when selling me on the product that it takes some doses or days to get in your system and feel effect. but, i tried it, a couple a day and just didn't like it.

but these gummies are, i think, working. i've changed nothing else about lifestyle or eating habits. so i'm hopeful. i think much better then this prescription i was pretty much hooked on, for lack of better term, but probably apropos.

so, anyone use CBD in any form (capsules, oil (which i guess is most effective and common), gummies, herb, etc...)?
Old 05-22-19, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Anybody use CBD in some form?

I tried oil about three or four years ago to see if it would help with some Crohn's related joint pain I was having. It was pretty inconsistent -- sometimes it worked great, sometimes I didn't feel any change at all. Since it was kind of expensive and a bit of a hassle to buy at the time, I didn't buy anymore after that initial tincture ran out. Though now that CBD has blown up a little more I'm considering giving it another go.

Last edited by ultimaton; 05-22-19 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-22-19, 08:39 PM

I got like 50 or so gummies, which again, think it does something for $45. Will last a good while...
Old 05-22-19, 08:54 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd rather have the real thing but.....well.....Ohio...
Old 05-22-19, 09:01 PM

No, they work differently. This I think is more medicinal and does completely different things. Some use both. But, on its own, different effects than marijuana.
Old 05-22-19, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I voted no, but that's my oldest son's business (he's an entrepreneur type). I'll probably try it someday, esp if my arthritis gets worse.
Old 05-22-19, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Snake oil
Old 05-22-19, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had to vote NO because, currently, I don't but I was thinking of it. I just have a little arthritis in a couple fingers. CBD places have sprung up all over the place. There are 4 stores within a couple miles.

I am just curious if it would help. It's not bad enough to restrict movement much.
Old 05-22-19, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought some lotion for my wife to use on her ankle (she had a surgery last year and is still having some pain). Somebody I trust was telling me it was doing wonders for his knees (really big guy) so I figured we’d give it a shot. (My knees haven’t bothered me in a few years, but it’s getting late enough in the baseball/softball season.)

It really put me off when the vendor (it was at a home show I was working) started telling me all about how she gave it to her kids and her dogs (orally and topically ... for both) and it helped with everything ...

My wife put it on a few times, but she didn’t notice that it did anything for her. I still haven’t tried it.
Old 05-23-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Does it help with the “shift” key?
Old 05-23-19, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got some oil for my cat. She's easily startled and gets incredibly nervous when we have company over - runs away, meows like crazy and sometimes doesn't make the trip to the little box. We tried calming treats and she wouldn't eat them. So we started dropping some CBD oil on her treats instead. It worked for her, there wasn't a drastic change in her behavior but she was noticeably calmer when people were over. She eventually grew out of her anxiety and we don't need to give it to her anymore.

I don't find the need to try it, personally. I'd maybe give it a shot for minor aches and pains but haven't really had the opportunity. My friend takes it daily for stress relief and swears by it - I smoke the real thing almost everyday so I'm already incredibly stress free.
Old 05-23-19, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All weed has CBD in it. The strain determines the amounts of THC/CBD. CBD only products are for people who want the pain relief but none of the high.

Around here, every gas station has a like 5 or 6 different CBD products at the registers to grab and go.
Old 05-23-19, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

do these gummies need to be refrigerated? the stuff I can buy in MA now requires refrigeration. I was in NYC a few months back and they had stuff right on the counter in bodegas , candy-bars etc and I think that was CBD stuff.
Old 05-23-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
All weed has CBD in it. The strain determines the amounts of THC/CBD. CBD only products are for people who want the pain relief but none of the high.

Around here, every gas station has a like 5 or 6 different CBD products at the registers to grab and go.
Keep in mind, most CBD you buy (if you aren't buying it from a dispensary) is actually from hemp, not marijuana. That stuff isn't as strong.
Old 05-23-19, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had some added to my regular nicotine vape juice once. I couldn’t feel any benefits, but apparently vaping it is not a very efficient ROA.
Old 05-23-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I vape cannabis with a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD and these days prefer it to stronger THC only strains. I've been thinking of trying CBD oil during the day for stress release, because I obviously don't want to drive or go to work if I'm under the influence of anything.

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post

Legal weed sold in Canada has to list total amounts of THC and CBD included, and most of the ones I see for sale have very little CBD, it's been bred out of many strains in favor of the psychoactive THC. But now with it becoming popular it's being bred back into some strains, so it's easier to find now but still in the minority.
Old 05-27-19, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What are your favs? During the week I stick to high CBD/low THC...i like Temple, Yin & Yang, Dancehall, Mango Haze.
Old 05-30-19, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Cannabidiol (the non-high element in cannabis (which would be THC))

i know we have the marijuana thread, but i just heard about this stuff and took some of the gummy bears that have 25mg each little gummy. taste good, but i really think they are helping stuff. i used to get migraines all day, everyday and took a prescription for them which is not the best, but i felt better for a few hours when i took one.

anyway, heard this is for pain and anxiety and bunch of stuff. i originally tried the pharmaceutical capsules sold at my small pharmacy. big chains don't carry. maybe yet, maybe never. anyway, i thought these capsules (which were actually expensive, $60 for 30 15mg capsules) had negative effects and just didn't make me feel good at all. the pharmacist did neglect to mention when selling me on the product that it takes some doses or days to get in your system and feel effect. but, i tried it, a couple a day and just didn't like it.

but these gummies are, i think, working. i've changed nothing else about lifestyle or eating habits. so i'm hopeful. i think much better then this prescription i was pretty much hooked on, for lack of better term, but probably apropos.

so, anyone use CBD in any form (capsules, oil (which i guess is most effective and common), gummies, herb, etc...)?
Your migraines sound a lot like what I have. I'm seeing a neurologist right now, and he has me on 25mg nortriptyline. It's kind of helping, but not totally. What prescription were/are you on? My friend bought some gummies, and I have been thinking about trying them, but I'm afraid of mixing things. He's in WI though, and I'm in IL, so I'm not sure where to even get them.
Old 05-30-19, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
What are your favs? During the week I stick to high CBD/low THC...i like Temple, Yin & Yang, Dancehall, Mango Haze.
Of those I've tried Mango Haze and really liked it (from WeedMD, a great producer IMO). My last visit to the local weed store didn't have that in stock, they only had Penelope for high CBD/low THC. It's from Tweed (ugh!) so it's dry as hell, but it's surprisingly potent for low THC (around 8%), so I'm pretty impressed with it. But I'll check out a couple of the other kinds you mentioned.
Old 05-30-19, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Your migraines sound a lot like what I have. I'm seeing a neurologist right now, and he has me on 25mg nortriptyline. It's kind of helping, but not totally. What prescription were/are you on? My friend bought some gummies, and I have been thinking about trying them, but I'm afraid of mixing things. He's in WI though, and I'm in IL, so I'm not sure where to even get them.
Fioricet. I sometimes took max of 4/day. I’m down to 1, for now...
Old 06-01-19, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Fioricet. I sometimes took max of 4/day. Iím down to 1, for now...
Interesting. Have you ever had anxiety or depression along with your migraines? I noticed Fioricet contains acetaminophen and caffeine, which is in Excedrin Migraine that I take along with my prescription.

Looks like IL just legalized weed, so in January it's going to be open season here, lol!

Is any of the hemp oil on Amazon worth taking for the CBD? I know very little about the subject and don't want to get ripped off.
Old 06-01-19, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Interesting. Have you ever had anxiety or depression along with your migraines? I noticed Fioricet contains acetaminophen and caffeine, which is in Excedrin Migraine that I take along with my prescription.

Looks like IL just legalized weed, so in January it's going to be open season here, lol!

Is any of the hemp oil on Amazon worth taking for the CBD? I know very little about the subject and don't want to get ripped off.
no, never had those side effects. just the bad headache. and don't know if can purchase on Amazon.
Old 06-01-19, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Would you be able to pass a piss test if you rubbed some on your aching joints and back?
Old 06-02-19, 07:30 PM

Now, my mom is going to try for her ailments after I told her about my lack of headaches (which Iíve literally had since I was in elementary school. Those were worse however, almost debilitating, i remember). Interested in her results...
Old 06-02-19, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Would you be able to pass a piss test if you rubbed some on your aching joints and back?
I donít know if this was serious or not, but would a cream or ointment be able to get in blood stream? I donít think so...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.