Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: Anybody use CBD in some form?
Yes
41.67%
No
54.17%
What are you on CBD?
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Anybody use CBD in some form?

Old 08-23-19, 02:48 PM

Re: Anybody use CBD in some form?

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Don't take it across the border:

Canadian woman faces lifetime ban after getting caught with CBD oil at U.S. border

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tas...-ban-1.5252479
Very odd, it's widely available here in Utah.
Old 08-23-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CBP follows federal law, and it also takes awhile to update their regulations if the federal law changes. From the article:

U.S. President Donald Trump signed a new farm bill into law last year that removed industrial hemp and its derivatives — including some forms of CBD oil — from the Controlled Substances Act, provided the THC concentration is not more than 0.3 per cent on a dry weight basis.

Still, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has not yet finalized how the new farm bill provisions will be applied to travellers. In meantime, entry happens at the sole discretion of the U.S. customs officers on duty — and they have a lot of latitude to ask questions to determine the admissibility of a foreign national.
Plus, as I mentioned, CBD oil in the US is now only legal on a federal level if derived from industrial hemp. CBD oil sold in Canada does not come from hemp, it doesn't need to be, as cannabis is now legal here.
Old 08-28-19, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Very odd, it's widely available here in Utah.
Very odd, I didn't know Utah shared a border with Canada.
Old 08-28-19, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just read a story about a Canadian who bought CBD oil in Japan (I was shocked that it was legal there, because they have hardcore laws against cannabis, you can get 15 years in prison if you're caught with just one joint) and his flight landed in Seattle and CBP found the oil. Pretty sure he's facing a lifetime US ban too. Canadians really need to pay attention to international laws. If one of these dumbasses brought stuff like this to some really conservative countries they could be facing the death penalty rather than a ban. Idiots.
Old 09-03-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like she's off the hook.

U.S. reverses lifetime ban on Canadian woman who crossed border with CBD oil, her lawyer says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...abis-1.5268110

Old 09-10-19, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you guys are looking for a more EXTREME CBD experience, I just got an ad for 100mg CBD suppositories! They are kind of expensive thought, $75 for 8.
Old 09-10-19, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Keep in mind, most CBD you buy (if you aren't buying it from a dispensary) is actually from hemp, not marijuana. That stuff isn't as strong.
My wife got a sample pack awhile back and I'm not sure of the amounts and actual ingredients. It ran out so she got some from the pharmacy. She sent me a picture today. Says Active Cannabinoids 20mg (Flower Derived). The smallest dose from CBDExchange is 500mg.

Now the bottle from the pharmacy does say <0.3% THC hemp extract, but the active ingredient is "organic" cold-pressed hemp seed oil. Which I've learned isn't true CBD correct?

Old 09-10-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you guys are looking for a more EXTREME CBD experience, I just got an ad for 100mg CBD suppositories! They are kind of expensive thought, $75 for 8.
No offense, but you can shove those up your ass.
Old 09-10-19, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
My wife got a sample pack awhile back and I'm not sure of the amounts and actual ingredients. It ran out so she got some from the pharmacy. She sent me a picture today. Says Active Cannabinoids 20mg (Flower Derived). The smallest dose from CBDExchange is 500mg.

Now the bottle from the pharmacy does say <0.3% THC hemp extract, but the active ingredient is "organic" cold-pressed hemp seed oil. Which I've learned isn't true CBD correct?
Exactly. It's hemp CBD, which I'm sure does something, but is not as strong as real weed CBD.
Originally Posted by andicus View Post
No offense, but you can shove those up your ass.
If it wasn't so expensive, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Old 09-10-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Exactly. It's hemp CBD, which I'm sure does something, but is not as strong as real weed CBD.
If it wasn't so expensive, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
What do you consider real weed CBD? Full Spectrum? Like this
https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop.../cbd-tinctures

Also her concern is the THC level even at .3% looking into the non-THC stuff like

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop...olate-tincture

She weened herself of xanax for anxiety and has been looking for an alternative. Have you any experience with the non-THC stuff?
Old 09-10-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What do you consider real weed CBD? Full Spectrum? Like this
https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop.../cbd-tinctures
Also her concern is the THC level even at .3% looking into the non-THC stuff like
https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop...olate-tincture
She weened herself of xanax for anxiety and has been looking for an alternative. Have you any experience with the non-THC stuff?
that's actually the brand we give our dog. It seems to help him. Hemp CBD is just never going to be as strong as the CBD you get in pot stores that has more THC in it. There's something about the THC that helps "activate" the CBD.
Old 09-10-19, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that's actually the brand we give our dog. It seems to help him. Hemp CBD is just never going to be as strong as the CBD you get in pot stores that has more THC in it. There's something about the THC that helps "activate" the CBD.
I can imagine. Since we live in a non-legal state I suppose we have to settle for what we can get. I guess that would be 0.3% or non-Tech only.
Old 09-10-19, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can imagine. Since we live in a non-legal state I suppose we have to settle for what we can get. I guess that would be 0.3% or non-Tech only.
Right, just make sure you don't get just 'hemp oil' which is different from cbd oil. That stuff from lazerus is actually the best value I could find, and comes in fairly large sized bottles. they have a 15% off coupon too: lazarusnaturals
Old 09-10-19, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right, just make sure you don't get just 'hemp oil' which is different from cbd oil. That stuff from lazerus is actually the best value I could find, and comes in fairly large sized bottles. they have a 15% off coupon too: lazarusnaturals
Yeah the stuff she got from the pharmacy is hemp oil.
Old 09-10-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's called hemp because it has less than 0.3% THC in it.
Old 09-10-19, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
it's called hemp because it has less than 0.3% THC in it.
Oh ok. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-11-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's confusing and i had to look it up to learn more. here's what i uncovered on the Canadian government website, it applies to you guys as well:

Cannabis oil is a combination of:
  • cannabis:
    • usually in the form of a THC and/or CBD-rich extract from the leaves and flowering heads of the cannabis plant, which may include plants classified as industrial hemp
  • a vegetable-based or plant-based oil such as:
    • olive
    • canola
    • grape seed
    • hemp-seed oil
Hemp-seed oil is oil made from pressing the grain of hemp plants. It is processed like other oil seeds, such as canola. In order for hemp-seed oil to be exempt from the Cannabis Act, it canít contain more than 10 parts per million of THC.

For hemp-seed oil to be exempted from the Cannabis Act, no phytocannabinoid including THC and CBD may be added or concentrated by processing.
not sure if that clears anything up or muddies the waters further. seems like hemp seed oil is not something you want if you're looking for cbd?
Old 09-11-19, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a bit confusing for me too. The CBD oil I buy is 10% CBD and only 0.26 THC, but it still has the Canadian government THC warnings and stickers and such, so I'm assuming it's not from hemp? The label doesn't really say what it's sourced from, it just says "cannabis oil".
Old 09-11-19, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What we commonly call "hemp" is not used in THC or CBD products. Hemp is generally the male plant and has no (or very low) THC or CBD.

The concentration of CBD or THC just depends on the strain but it's all "weed" (the female plant).
Old 09-11-19, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it's confusing because hemp and weed are actually the same plant? It's just that hemp plants have been breed to have just a minuscule % of THC in them.

Hemp and marijuana are, taxonomically speaking, the same plant; they are different names for the same genus (Cannabis) and species.
"Hemp and marijuana even look and smell the same," says Tom Melton, deputy director of NC State Extension. "The difference is that hemp plants contain no more than 0.3 percent (by dry weight) of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance found in marijuana. By comparison, marijuana typically contains 5 to 20 percent THC. You can't get high on hemp."
Old 09-11-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so in the us, all the cbd oil everyone is buying is coming from the male or "hemp" plant and has little cbd? because wouldn't it be federally illegal to grow the female "weed" version of the plant, even if it has less than 0.3% THC? or would the female plant with 0.3% THC be considered hemp because the THC is so low?
Old 09-12-19, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are 3 things people are buying in the US:
1) hemp seed oil - this is garbage and does nothing
2) CBD oil - this is oil made from the cannabis plant that has less than .3% THC (called hemp, but it's the same plant as cannabis)
3) CBD & THC oil - this is only sold at dispensaries, and is the best of the 3. Sold in different ratios of CBD:THC, like 1:1, 1:2, 1:16, 1:32, etc ...

It's technically federally illegal to grow the female plant with greater than .3% THC, but in the states where it is legalized, they do it, and as long as they follow state regulations, the feds don't intervene.