Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: Anybody use CBD in some form?
Yes
41.67%
No
54.17%
What are you on CBD?
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Anybody use CBD in some form?

Old 06-02-19, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody use CBD in some form?

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
I don’t know if this was serious or not, but would a cream or ointment be able to get in blood stream? I don’t think so...
Yeah, cremes and ointments don't get into the bloodstream, that's why THC cremes don't get you high. You need a sub-dermal patch for that.
Old 06-03-19, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So it looks like Amazon is not the way to go since most (all?) of their "hemp oils" don't really have CBD since CBD isn't allowed on the site... does anyone have a recommendation for a place to get good but not super expensive CBD online? I'd preferably like gummies, but I suppose a dropper would do.
Old 06-03-19, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought there are two different types of CBD, one derived from marijuana (gets you high) and one derived from hemp (doesn't get you high).
Old 06-03-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
So it looks like Amazon is not the way to go since most (all?) of their "hemp oils" don't really have CBD since CBD isn't allowed on the site... does anyone have a recommendation for a place to get good but not super expensive CBD online? I'd preferably like gummies, but I suppose a dropper would do.
I've bought CBD for my dog from:
https://purecbdexchange.com/ (this one has gummies) and https://selectcbd.com/
Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I thought there are two different types of CBD, one derived from marijuana (gets you high) and one derived from hemp (doesn't get you high).
No type of CBD gets you high. CBD works better with some amount of THC in it, so CBD from marijuana generally is better than hemp CBD. You can get THC based CBD in various ratios, like 1:1, 1:4, up to 1:32
Old 06-03-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don’t know if this was serious or not, but would a cream or ointment be able to get in blood stream? I don’t think so...
Sorry, I should made my post clearer. A co--worker of my wife is married to a man who works for a company that does drug testing. He said that certain kinds of CBD that people use for rubbing on aching joints are showing up on people's drug test.
Old 06-03-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why the hell should companies care if CBD (no THC) is in someone's bloodstream, it doesn't have any inebriating effects on it's own.
Old 06-03-19, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got some CBD oil from the pharmacy for two months and it didn't do jack shit for my pain, anxiety or anything else. Maybe I didn't give it a long enough try but for $120 for a months worth it should work instantly.
Old 06-03-19, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
No type of CBD gets you high. CBD works better with some amount of THC in it, so CBD from marijuana generally is better than hemp CBD. You can get THC based CBD in various ratios, like 1:1, 1:4, up to 1:32
Yeah, it was late. Didn't mean to infer one can get high off of it but meant it has THC.

It seems having CBD to mean both types can be confusing. Why couldn't they call hemp-based CBD something different?
Old 06-03-19, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I got some CBD oil from the pharmacy for two months and it didn't do jack shit for my pain, anxiety or anything else. Maybe I didn't give it a long enough try but for $120 for a months worth it should work instantly.
I don't think I'd get a months worth until you know it will work for you. That's like buying 4 cases of a new soda just to try it out.
Old 06-03-19, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Why the hell should companies care if CBD (no THC) is in someone's bloodstream, it doesn't have any inebriating effects on it's own.
AFAIK, no company that drug tests has done anything to remove CBD reads. Even worse, many of them don't even give details to the company; only if the employee was positive/negative over all, not saying for what.

I wouldn't expect any changes to drug tests until there's movement at the Fed level to bring down the classification.
Old 06-03-19, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
It seems having CBD to mean both types can be confusing. Why couldn't they call hemp-based CBD something different?
because the actual CBD is the same, either way. You won't be accidentally buying the THC version online anywhere .. .that's generally only available in legal pot shops, and it will always have the ratio of cbd to thc listed.

You can read more about the difference here: https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/di...hemp-cannabis/
but I think the takeaway is that hemp and marijuana actually come from the same species, Cannabis Sativa L. They just call it hemp if the plant has less than 0.3% THC.

I think the more confusing thing is "hemp oil vs cbd oil". If you search Amazon for "CBD oil", the majority of the hits will actually be hemp oil, which isn't the same at all.

Last edited by joeblow69; 06-03-19 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-03-19, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the more confusing thing is "hemp oil vs cbd oil". If you search Amazon for "CBD oil", the majority of the hits will actually be hemp oil, which isn't the same at all.
Ugh. I'm just trying to learn about it. I don't know anyone who uses it. Guess I should hit one of the stores popping up all over and talk to someone in person. Appreciate the info.
Old 06-03-19, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Would this perhaps be because hemp based CBD oil is the only thing that's legal on a federal level in the US right now so that's all Amazon could really sell?
Old 06-03-19, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Would this perhaps be because hemp based CBD oil is the only thing that's legal on a federal level in the US right now so that's all Amazon could really sell?
No, what Amazon sells is hemp seed oil, which is NOT hemp based CDB oil. Unless your bottle specifically says CBD on it, it's just hemp seed oil. I think legally Amazon COULD sell real CBD oil now, but they've just chosen not to yet.

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-loo...il-vs-cbd-oil/
Hemp seed oil, on the other hand, is relative to many other carrier oils—along the lines of sunflower seed oil and jojoba oil—in that it’s a cold-pressed extract from seeds. “Hemp seed oil, sometimes referred to as cannabis sativa seed oil, is perfectly good seed oil that’s high in antioxidants, omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, but contains no CBD,” explains Capobianco. “Hemp seed or cannabis sativa seed oil has been available in health food stores for decades and abundantly present in smoothies and skin care.”
I think this could be the cause of people saying "I tried CBD oil, and it didn't do anything!" and they actually got hemp seed oil.

CBD oil (from hemp) is still a little difficult to find. I think CVS said they were going to start carrying it soon. Otherwise you best bet is to order it direct from CBD sites like I listed earlier.
Old 06-03-19, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, one more question: the gummies listed on the first site say "CBD isolate." Is that worse than "full spectrum" found in the tinctures?
Old 06-03-19, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazon could sell it but I’d be surprised if they do. Even though it isn’t psychoactive it’s still linked to something that is, in the minds of many people. There used to be a lot of legal psychoactive products on Amazon that aren’t available anymore (stuff like kratom, phenibut, various entheogens with names I can’t recall at the moment).
I think there would have to be much more of a shift in general public awareness before they’d even consider it.
Old 06-03-19, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Okay, one more question: the gummies listed on the first site say "CBD isolate." Is that worse than "full spectrum" found in the tinctures?
Depends on what you need it for:

https://ministryofhemp.com/blog/full...m-cbd-isolate/
Full spectrum CBD oil products have the advantage of containing many different cannabinoids and terpenes and the potential for a wider health reach. A recent study indicated the synergistic effects of a full spectrum CBD oil were superior to an isolate in the effective treatment of inflammatory conditions. Terpenes alone have shown incredible potential for human health and should not be disregarded.

CBD isolates do allow users to easily get large amounts of CBD and know how much they’re getting. With the growing amount of evidence behind CBD and CBD alone it should definitely not be overlooked as a potential for so many conditions such as anxiety, pain, inflammation, diabetes, depression and more.
Old 06-08-19, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally took the plunge and ordered a tincture from a place that some random person on the net suggested (joeblow69 ). I've taken two doses so far, but none of my problems have been solved, so I guess it doesn't work. JK I'm going to give it the month and see how I feel.
Old 06-13-19, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you want high CBD and prefer flower over oil/edibles, or if you want to make your own oil with it, this is the strain for you:

CHARLOTTES WEB

For those of you that are not familiar with the Charlottes Web strain, it's VERY LOW in THC but has a VERY HIGH CBD content. We're talking around less than 1% THC to 20% CBD, where as most other flowers are the exact opposite! Charlottes Web was specifically cultivated for a young Epileptic patient who's name is Charlotte. You will find little to no psychoactive effects but big on medicinal help! A perfect strain for those not looking to get very "high" but still would like to take their meds. If you do suffer from any ailments and are looking for some relief, please do a bit of research on Charlottes Web and maybe this strain can be of service!
More:

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...-saving-lives/

In Canada, $169 CDN at King Tuts (MOM).

Last edited by eXcentris; 06-13-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 07:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

damn, that's expensive, but i got to say, the few gummies (100mg) i take once a night, really do help my headaches so far for the good. weird as i have always had them, until now. it's such a pleasure not taking a habit forming barbiturate anymore...
Old 06-13-19, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

damn, that's expensive, but i got to say, the few gummies (100mg) i take once a night, really do help my headaches so far for the good. weird as i have always had them, until now. it's such a pleasure not taking a habit forming barbiturate anymore...
Where do you get your gummies? Somewhere local? How long does it take to work? So far I haven't seen any effects.
Old 06-14-19, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

cbd is not so much a feeling you experience after taking it, but more like the absence of feelings you may have had prior to taking it. like anxiety and/or depression might be reduced making you more relaxed overall, maybe without even noticing.
Old 06-14-19, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm very new to even hearing about this stuff (even though the radio has constant ads - I ignored 'em because I assumed it was some sort of vaping thing). But now I'm curious about the pain benefits. And as I started reading a bit, I saw that there's a potential benefit for people with diabetes. So now I'm real curious! I've avoided pot because I don't think I could handle the munchies with the restrictive diet that diabetes demands, so CBD may be an excellent option.

Having no other reviews (ignoring the radio clatter), I'm checking out Joeblow's link. Dunno if I should try more mgs to start, or start off light and build up. My thought is that for pain, go big. Any suggestions from anyone who's tried it?
Old 06-14-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some of those CBD places are having credit card processing issues ... and will only take Mastercard. I just ordered from this place recently: https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop They've got decent prices, and take VISA. I'll let you know how it goes compared to the other stuff.
Old 06-14-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some of those CBD places are having credit card processing issues ... and will only take Mastercard. I just ordered from this place recently: https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop They've got decent prices, and take VISA. I'll let you know how it goes compared to the other stuff.
This site has a lot more information, which is quite helpful since I have a lot of questions! Thanks for the link!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.