DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   How do lawn services work in rainy areas(NW USA ,etc)? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/647568-how-do-lawn-services-work-rainy-areas-nw-usa-etc.html)

dvd-4-life 05-05-19 12:54 PM

How do lawn services work in rainy areas(NW USA ,etc)?

I had to cancel my lawn service because the guy never came out.

He hung up the phone on me when I cancelled.

He had his chance and should have mowed despite the rainy conditions.

It rained three days in a row and there is a chance of rain on Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday.

I found someone else who is supposed too mow today.

If it rain's all the time then some of these places probably go out of business( I live in SE Michigan).

Why So Blu? 05-05-19 12:58 PM

Re: How do lawn services work in rainy areas(NW USA ,etc)?

It can't rain all the time...

dvd-4-life 05-05-19 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13545547)
It can't rain all the time...

Yeah but the original guy only mow's on the weekdays and if it only rained on the weekdays then he would never catch up

John Richmond 05-05-19 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 13545555)
Yeah but the original guy only mow's on the weekdays and if it only rained on the weekdays then he would never catch up

Aiyah...that is bad luck. But Grandfather say, "It never rain everyday."

JimRochester 05-06-19 06:10 AM

Commercial mowers with the bigger balloon tires can mow easily in the rain. If it's too wet eventually they'll start to tear up the lawn. I cut mine yesterday with my regular push mower and now have some great tire tracks where the ground was wet.

TomOpus 05-06-19 11:46 AM

I always thought you didn't mow when it's raining (other than muddy conditions) because the grass didn't cut as well as when dry.

Brian Shannon 05-06-19 12:00 PM

The Washington DC area was +20 inches of rain over the average of 60 inches last year.

All the grass got cut

wishbone 05-06-19 12:00 PM

Wet grass will stick together in clumps and potentially clog up the deck so mower will likely miss some spots and leave a wonderful mess behind.

funkyryno 05-06-19 12:01 PM

Summer time in the Pacific Northwest, one the rainiest places in the U.S., is generally pretty dry, so lawns get mowed the same as everywhere else.

E Unit 05-06-19 12:18 PM

Austin Texas got more than Seattle last year. In fact, it was raining last night and I still got my ass out there this morning and did it myself. Yeah, wet grass, but I mulch it, so no biggie.

Hokeyboy 05-06-19 12:40 PM

South Florida summer thunderstorms hit in the afternoon, almost every day. They come in the morning.