Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

2019 eBay Rants

Old 06-05-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 2019 eBay Rants

I'm so glad I never sold anything on eBay and had to deal with people like this.
Old 06-05-19, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

9 more emails in the last 2 hours, and he has opened a buyers request, PayPal has a negative balance now.

I had a few more listings, but I just closed them. Done.
Old 06-05-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
9 more emails in the last 2 hours, and he has opened a buyers request, PayPal has a negative balance now.

I had a few more listings, but I just closed them. Done.
You should open a complaint against him. Ebay can see the dates of sale, shipment and all that. It's obvious this guy has issues.
Old 06-05-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you ship FedEx or ups? I think with those, you could redirect the package back to you.
Old 06-05-19, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Up to 14 emails now. He said he called the post office and he has no package and he's ready to file a complaint with ebay and paypal. I shipped it about 24 hours ago

Jesus Christ...please post his ebay account name so I can go ahead and block him. Seriously!
Old 06-05-19, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to see what he's e-mailing. That is an insane amount of e-mails in a short span.
Old 06-06-19, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

His last email yesterday said he is going to wait, but the post office says there's no package for him

It's out for delivery this morning. Sorry it took 2 days to go from NC to NY
Old 06-06-19, 07:24 AM

His last email yesterday said he is going to wait, but the post office says there's no package for him

2 days, good lord. What is this? The 1800s.
Old 06-06-19, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Seriously, what is the person's ebay name? If you don;t want to post it, PM me with it. I still sell on ebay and don't want to deal with psychos like this.

Hell, there should be a thread just detailing people's name's on ebay of who to block for crap just like this. Maybe if so many people blocked them, they would calm their shit down.
Old 06-06-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regarding stingermck's transactions... It is weird. But you have to remember and eBay buyer can be a drug addict, mentally handicapped, etc. Or some people are on their phones all the time, and just lack etiquette and boundaries (in the old days, it would be like a friend who keeps ringing your phone till you answer). I've just learned that over the years. Off the top of my head, the response would go like this...

"Thank you for contacting me. This item was ordered on Monday the 3rd, and shipped on Tuesday the 4th. The item shipped via USPS tracking # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It appears that it will be delivered on Thursday the 6th. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns."

Yes, the buyer is a weirdo. But you respond like that and move on. Don't ignore their messages. And don't act hostile in any way.
Old 06-06-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've responded, and I have been civil, despite how he thinks I am a thief and opened a case against me a day after shipping.

Hopefully he is pleased when he receives the item today ($175 hot toy) but I am also ready for him to say its broken, missing, held hostage, etc.

PayPal account still in the negative. I don't know how eBay allowed a case to be opened so quickly, when tracking was provided, and it wasnt even possible to get it to him any faster.

Spider I will PM you.
Old 06-06-19, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Regarding stingermck's transactions... It is weird. But you have to remember and eBay buyer can be a drug addict, mentally handicapped, etc. Or some people are on their phones all the time, and just lack etiquette and boundaries (in the old days, it would be like a friend who keeps ringing your phone till you answer). I've just learned that over the years. Off the top of my head, the response would go like this...

"Thank you for contacting me. This item was ordered on Monday the 3rd, and shipped on Tuesday the 4th. The item shipped via USPS tracking # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It appears that it will be delivered on Thursday the 6th. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns."

Yes, the buyer is a weirdo. But you respond like that and move on. Don't ignore their messages. And don't act hostile in any way.
I think that describes the majority of my ebay buyers
Old 06-06-19, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've responded, and I have been civil, despite how he thinks I am a thief and opened a case against me a day after shipping.

Hopefully he is pleased when he receives the item today ($175 hot toy) but I am also ready for him to say its broken, missing, held hostage, etc.

PayPal account still in the negative. I don't know how eBay allowed a case to be opened so quickly, when tracking was provided, and it wasnt even possible to get it to him any faster.

Spider I will PM you.
Please do. That is the kind of shit I sell sometimes.
Old 06-06-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Package delivered, case closed and feedback (positive) left:

"Fast ship need better communication"

What an exciting 2 days.
Old 06-06-19, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope you're still going to block him!
Old 06-07-19, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I almost always offer free shipping in my listings as that cuts down on complaints and I get good feedback in regards to shipping.

Dealing with the public is like walking in a minefield but there are ways to at least cut down the chances of walking on a mine.
Old 06-07-19, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
I almost always offer free shipping in my listings as that cuts down on complaints and I get good feedback in regards to shipping.

Dealing with the public is like walking in a minefield but there are ways to at least cut down the chances of walking on a mine.
I offered free shipping and mailed it 2 day priority. I guess dude wanted amazon drone at his door after he hit purchase
Old 06-07-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That buyer must be a real peach in person.

Does eBay keep stats on certain users being blocked a high number of time
Old 06-07-19, 08:54 AM

That is ridiculous. I got one message the day after a sale and that annoyed me. I'd flip out if I got all those.
Old 06-07-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I offered free shipping and mailed it 2 day priority. I guess dude wanted amazon drone at his door after he hit purchase
Regrettably, you got a customer who is impervious to common sense and reason. There is nothing you could have done to prevent this...one of those mines you simply can not evade.
Old 06-07-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was selling a RetroStone (portable OrangePi that loos like an original Gameboy) this week and the last bidder was a bot, but he pushed it too high past all sellers. I tried a few people to see if they wanted Second-Chance-Offer, no one does). Now I have to wait a week for eBay to verify it was a fake bid. I truly dislike the entire eBay process personally.
Old 06-07-19, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As a buyer, I always wait one week to contact a seller...only if the item hasn't shipped yet. Most of the problematic sellers in my experience are the ones that wait forever to update the item has shipped in the first place.
Old 06-08-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Amazon has definitely killed expectations but as a buyer, I'm with PhantomStranger. I'll give it a week before I make contact if I haven't gotten a shipping notice.
Old 06-09-19, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rduncan View Post
In any case I reported late delivery and immediately received a $5 credit (was offered a couple other options however). I presume this is simply paid by eBay and not charged against the seller. If so, does eBay simply keep track fo tese and eventually do something to seller?
It's outlined in this table here:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...l#m22_tb_a2__1

Basically, if the seller met his handling time commitments, then the penalties are absorbed by eBay. If the seller missed the handling time, then in most cases the seller must reimburse the penalty costs.
Old 06-11-19, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An eBay buyer with one problem tends to have other problems.

For example, I sold a $400 part. The buyer had an undeliverable address (he probably wasn't home, and "no secure location available"). After a notice is left and the item sits at his post office for 8 days, he "opens a case" this morning for item not received. So I followed up with a tracking #, and let him know the item is at his local PO.

He picks the item up. The case closes. An hour later, he complains about the condition of the product (it was a used/refurbished product).

I've been doing ecommerce for 19.5 years. It likely it is for one delivery problem to turn into a product problem. It's almost guaranteed. Like maybe he lost the job and couldn't use the part anyways. Or whatever it may be. I have around 1% return rate and 1% late delivery. And I can tell you that probably 75% of those issues overlap in the same transaction.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.