Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

2019 eBay Rants

Old 05-28-19, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 2019 eBay Rants

Originally Posted by funkyryno View Post
Wow. Thank you for posting.

Why hat arenít they more aggressive? It took 6 months to catch that SKU. If you ebay search for Velcro, all the results could be reported daily.
Old 05-31-19, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

19 years as a buyer and seller with 100% feedback on 650+ transactions, and within a span of three days I got two neutrals.

The first guy complained that it took too long for his blu-rays to arrive. Paid $3 for Media Mail, I mailed day after order was placed, and tracking shows it arrived to his home -- from CA to FL -- in eight days.

Sold a $2.99 Blu-ray/DVD combo of Point Break, but when I double-checked package prior to shipping, I noticed the DVD was missing. Messaged him twice with options (I could either cancel or I'd send him the BR for free + shipping), but no response. So after a week I refunded the money and canceled the order. And then he leaves me a neutral for not having the item in stock!

Definitely have a new appreciation for high-volume sellers who maintain 100% positive feedback.
Old 05-31-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide View Post
19 years as a buyer and seller with 100% feedback on 650+ transactions, and within a span of three days I got two neutrals.

The first guy complained that it took too long for his blu-rays to arrive. Paid $3 for Media Mail, I mailed day after order was placed, and tracking shows it arrived to his home -- from CA to FL -- in eight days.

Sold a $2.99 Blu-ray/DVD combo of Point Break, but when I double-checked package prior to shipping, I noticed the DVD was missing. Messaged him twice with options (I could either cancel or I'd send him the BR for free + shipping), but no response. So after a week I refunded the money and canceled the order. And then he leaves me a neutral for not having the item in stock!

Definitely have a new appreciation for high-volume sellers who maintain 100% positive feedback.
Well, this may be your sign that it's time to finally get off the ebay bandwagon...
Old 05-31-19, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You might be able to get that second neutral nullified by complaining to eBay.
Old 05-31-19, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Great idea. I'll give that a shot.
Old 05-31-19, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Well, this may be your sign that it's time to finally get off the ebay bandwagon...
Eventually. I've sold off 65 Blu-rays and DVDs in the past two weeks, and I still have some comics, toys, and baseball cards to list. (Pretty much purging my garage of everything...anything of value goes to eBay and everything else is going to Goodwill.)
Old 06-01-19, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TimeandTide View Post

Doesnt that hurt? Iíve been having negative feedback nightmares for nearly 20 years.
Old 06-01-19, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
The first neutral maybe. If he listed that it would be shipped media mail, the estimated delivery time would be 5-7 business days. As long as tracking showed it was delivered in that window and not one business day after then they will remove it. If he listed that it would be shipped first class or Priority Mail, then he would not have had it delivered on time if shipped using media mail. On the order that he cancelled, he technically did not have it in stock so the buyer is justified in leaving the neurtral. I personally would not have left a neurtral for it unless it was an auction that sold for way less than the average and I felt that the seller was just claiming it was missing becuase he didn't want to sell it at the low price.
Old 06-01-19, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never given a shit about me receiving neutral feedback. It doesn't your percentage and really doesn't matter what someone says if they post neutral.

It is frustrating though when they type something like, "Great item. Received quickly" and then give that as neutral. I mean, what the fuck?

If I ever buy from someone, I never sweat any neutral feedback on a seller. I just know there are assholes out there. Hell, even if someone has a few negatives, it won't keep me from buying from them unless they are all very recently and packed together like they just recently quit giving a shit (which seems to happen to some sellers).

There just really isn't any other good place to get rid of my stuff. I have had relatively good luck on ebay in the over 20 years I have been buying and selling on their website. Do I always agree with their policies, fees, or have a perfect experience every time? No. But it is impractical to think after 20 years that every sale or buy is going to go perfectly. Crap, I have had more snafus at Wal-mart, Target, Sears, Best Buy, etc. over the last 20 years than ebay.
Old 06-03-19, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As a heavy eBay buyer, I check all recent neutral and negative feedback on a seller before purchase.
Old 06-03-19, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I recently sold a sealed DVD set but it did not include the figure that came with this limited edition set. In my comments I mentioned that this is just the sealed dvd set and does not include the figure. My pictures were only of the DVD set.

Someone bought it and later in the day after I shipped it, he asked if this includes the figure. I said it did not and he said that I was not an honest seller!! I immediately refunded his $40 back and told him he can keep the DVD set if he wants. To me, this is the only way you can try to avoid negative feedback. It is not worth arguing with the customer because in my experiences, it will lead nowhere and just piss them off further.

I once had a customer who bought a DVD of Immortal Beloved (1994) starring Gary Oldham and when he received it said it was not the right film...he wanted the remake from 1999 also with Gary Oldham. I said they did not remake the film, that was the only one they made but he kept insisting and then started quoting bible verses. I should have just refunded his money right away instead of e-mailing him back and forth as I ended up wasting my time and energy on a pointless quest for him to see the light. That experience taught me never to dispute a customer, just immediately give them their money back no matter how wrong they are and block them from any further attempts to buy something from you.
Old 06-03-19, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
The first neutral maybe. If he listed that it would be shipped media mail, the estimated delivery time would be 5-7 business days. As long as tracking showed it was delivered in that window and not one business day after then they will remove it. If he listed that it would be shipped first class or Priority Mail, then he would not have had it delivered on time if shipped using media mail. On the order that he cancelled, he technically did not have it in stock so the buyer is justified in leaving the neurtral. I personally would not have left a neurtral for it unless it was an auction that sold for way less than the average and I felt that the seller was just claiming it was missing becuase he didn't want to sell it at the low price.
You're right that second neutral, for the missing DVD, was justified. Just irritated that the dude ignored two of my emails, but took the time to leave the feedback (for a $2.99 BIN item, at that). I added a disclaimer in the listing that states how long Media Mail takes to arrive.
Old 06-03-19, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
And go where?
Old 06-03-19, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Impatient assholes are a gripe of mine. Sold something a few hours ago and already received 2 emails. "When are you shipping and are you shipping, should I cancel?" Fucker, it's 9PM.
Old 06-03-19, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Impatient assholes are a gripe of mine. Sold something a few hours ago and already received 2 emails. "When are you shipping and are you shipping, should I cancel?" Fucker, it's 9PM.
Dang, that's crazy!

I bought an item on May 25th, and got notified that it "shipped" on the 26th. Bullshit. The seller printed the label on the 26th, but didn't get it to the post office until the 31st. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with feedback yet.
Old 06-04-19, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Dang, that's crazy!

I bought an item on May 25th, and got notified that it "shipped" on the 26th. Bullshit. The seller printed the label on the 26th, but didn't get it to the post office until the 31st. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with feedback yet.
Mail man picked it up a few hours ago, and I've received 4 more messages, asking why the tracking hasn't changed. I get a feeling this one wont end well.
Old 06-04-19, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Geez. In the "read the fucking description" category - I sold an Atari 2600 game. Title had "KANGAROO - Atari 2600 game cartridge only - no booklet - free shipping" and the description stated "Atari 2600 game cartridge / tested and working / Please note that there is no booklet / Purchase is for game cartridge only" Buyer makes purchase and pays .. now, right before I ship, I receive a cancellation notice with this note "Hi, i want to cancel this cause u changed the description I payed for all games i will report this to ebay don't try be clever this is UN acceptable as i payed for all 28 games now u listed them individually i will contact ebay about this" ... Ummm. this has been listed this way for well over a year. There is a photo showing multiple games (I originally had 28 listed, but put them individually some time ago) but nowhere does it state that the buyer is getting 28 games. And I'm not sure how or why he felt his $7 purchase was getting him 28 games (shipped to the UK, no less). Morons. Needless to say I cancelled the purchase, refunded, and blocked him.
Old 06-04-19, 02:11 PM

As a buyer only, well sole a couple items years ago, how does the Guaranteed delivery work for sellers?? In other words, I've purchased a couple items that "guaranteed" delivery a few days later. These were all shipped first class mail and both arrived late. One actually didn't ship until after the expected delivery date but I failed to notice that was mentioned in his feedback for other sales. In any case I reported late delivery and immediately received a $5 credit (was offered a couple other options however). I presume this is simply paid by eBay and not charged against the seller. If so, does eBay simply keep track fo tese and eventually do something to seller?
Old 06-04-19, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
And go where?
Let me count the choices... Local gargae sale / neighborhood block sale, Goodwill / Salvation army and take a good tax write-off, Community chest, non-profit, libraries, etc all will benefit your local community more than ebay, you'll save time and being fucked over by impatient and entitled asshole buyers, and also save dealing with ebay's outrageous fees which will bleed you dry. And you'll get that tax deduction, which, in the end, will probably work out to be a wash over the sweating of blood and the timesink that listing and selling on ebay would have gotten you in the end.

This for *small* stuff, of course. Bigger or more expensive items, and you're probably sadly stuck with the ebay route for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
Old 06-04-19, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

10 emails so far from a buyer wanting to know where the package is. It was mailed today....
Old 06-04-19, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

10 emails so far from a buyer wanting to know where the package is. It was mailed today....
Tell him it's up his ass and to the left.
Old 06-04-19, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dude, that's insane. Have you checked his feedback for others? That's usually a clue as to what kinda person you're dealing with.
Old 06-04-19, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
Tell him it's up his ass and to the left.
Old 06-05-19, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Up to 14 emails now. He said he called the post office and he has no package and he's ready to file a complaint with ebay and paypal. I shipped it about 24 hours ago
Old 06-05-19, 11:55 AM

Up to 14 emails now. He said he called the post office and he has no package and he's ready to file a complaint with ebay and paypal. I shipped it about 24 hours ago
Just curious how far away you are from the buyer (I mean this buyer is on another planet) - but I blame this behavior on eBay and to an extent Amazon

Amazon because people have become accustomed to 2 day shipping. eBay because they've slowly been marketing themselves more as a e-commerce store instead of a marketplace which is more accurate.

I've had people complain all the time about shipping costs - I would usually direct them to USPS or UPS for those (especially shipping overseas, which I usually set my auctions/listings to US only)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.