Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Video: Man Lights Cars on Fire - Tackled by Good Samaritan in Hawaiian shirt (Not Florida)

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Video: Man Lights Cars on Fire - Tackled by Good Samaritan in Hawaiian shirt (Not Florida)

Old 04-15-19, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Edmonton.... dude in Hawaiian shirt (and bad toupée) tracks down, tackles shit-head and holds him until cops arrive.

Linky: https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/ne...hawaiian-shirt

Edmontonians enjoying a night on the town Friday were given more than they bargained for when an arsonist damaged 13 vehicles while walking along a busy street.

A three-minute video posted to online forum Reddit shows some of the shocking incident, followed by a civilian takedown, along the city’s popular Whyte Avenue.

In videos taken by witnesses, a man dressed in all black with a red gasoline jug can be seen walking down the street while pouring the gas on various vehicles before lighting them on fire.

The video posted to Reddit shows the man walking across the street after pouring gasoline on a red SUV with a driver inside, who is waiting to turn right. After flames ignite on the SUV’s hood, the driver continues to turn right and it’s unclear if the fire was immediately extinguished.

The man then drops his backpack and the jerry can and walks away into a nearby Starbucks where he is taken down by a man in a Hawaiian shirt. The video ends with police officers appearing to arrest the man.

Edited to add: Video in this article shows the same dude randomly lighting parked cars on fire before the takedown incident in the first article.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5163830/m...-friday-night/
Old 04-15-19, 01:06 PM

Re: Video: Man Lights Cars on Fire - Tackled by Good Samaritan in Hawaiian shirt (Not Florida)

Best comment on reddit: Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Tommy Bahamas
Old 04-15-19, 01:10 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Video: Man Lights Cars on Fire - Tackled by Good Samaritan in Hawaiian shirt (Not Florida)

Edmonton is the Florida of Canada.
Old 04-15-19, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Winnipeg was. Unless you are talking geographically, in which case I live in the Florida of Canada.
Old 04-15-19, 01:50 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Winter-peg! How could I forget!

Geographically... hmm... Yeah, I guess you're right.
Old 04-15-19, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Too bad he didnt set himself on fire
Old 04-15-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

The guy in the video is clearly Magnum PI.
Old 04-15-19, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Geographically... hmm... Yeah, I guess you're right.
Yeah, when you look at a map, in addition to being the south most part of the country, Southern Ontario is also indeed the penis of Canada.
Old 04-15-19, 04:31 PM
Political Exile

Actually...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

List of extreme points of the United States

Ka Lae, Hawaii (18°54′39″N 155°40′52″W) – southernmost point in the 50 states

Anyway, good for the guy who chased and caught the arsonist.

The fact that some of those cars obviously had people in them makes this more than just arson. It's attempted murder. What a total scumbag.
Old 04-15-19, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, I meant the continental US.

I guess that makes Middle Island Canada's Key West, although much more boring (insert Canada joke here).
Old 04-15-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Of course, dozens had to whip out their phones and record it, or leave rather than try to stop the guy before he burned thirteen cars.
Old 04-15-19, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If only he had tackled him before he got to France ...
Old 04-15-19, 09:42 PM
Suspended

ikr, you beat me to it.