Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Weird situation about my wife and a doctor

Old 10-10-18, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Weird situation about my wife and a doctor

My wife is obsessed with this dermatologist. The dermatologist is very hard to get an appointment with. You have to book it 6 months in advance. And if you cancel for any reason the clock starts over; itís another six months before she will see you.

Today is my wifeís appointment. I had to pick up her dad from the hospital. He was in for a prostate procedure. I had to pick him up because the thought of missing this appointment was out of the question. I donít mind being helpful but I think this doctor is just bullshit and Iím thinking of putting my foot down. This isnít the first time these appointments have disrupted our lives and Iíve had to do a juggling act to make it all work

Keep in mind my wife suffers from no skin condition or cancer. These are just routine body checks that any internist could do.

Iíve been to this doctor. Thereís nothing special. But sheís got this exclusive mystic thing going on and my wife has fallen for it. She thinks sheís getting something special because itís so exclusive.

What say you guys?
Old 10-10-18, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Weird situation about my wife and a doctor

Old 10-10-18, 07:13 PM
Premium Member

She's banging him.

Find a new doctor on Craigslist.
Old 10-10-18, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
She's banging him.

Find a new doctor on Craigslist.
First, Mabuse said the doctor is a her.

Second, even better! So nice!

Third, is this doctor into camping trips?
Old 10-10-18, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
First, Mabuse said the doctor is a her.

Second, even better! So nice!

Third, is this doctor into camping trips?
Old 10-10-18, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
My wife is obsessed with this dermatologist. The dermatologist is very hard to get an appointment with. You have to book it 6 months in advance. And if you cancel for any reason the clock starts over; it’s another six months before she will see you.

Today is my wife’s appointment. I had to pick up her dad from the hospital. He was in for a prostate procedure. I had to pick him up because the thought of missing this appointment was out of the question. I don’t mind being helpful but I think this doctor is just bullshit and I’m thinking of putting my foot down. This isn’t the first time these appointments have disrupted our lives and I’ve had to do a juggling act to make it all work

Keep in mind my wife suffers from no skin condition or cancer. These are just routine body checks that any internist could do.

I’ve been to this doctor. There’s nothing special. But she’s got this exclusive mystic thing going on and my wife has fallen for it. She thinks she’s getting something special because it’s so exclusive.

What say you guys?
Your wife is nuts. In the sense that she's placing last-minute demands on you and everyone else. This is the 2nd time you've posted a situation where your wife WANTS YOU to solve her problems.

That needs to stop. You are her husband, not her fixer. She knew about her dad's procedure and forgot and pushed it on you. Just like the funeral situation.

"Let my hubby deal with it." Needs to change to "I will fix this."

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 10-10-18 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-10-18, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the doctor's brother died, would your wife go to the funeral or make you go instead? That's your answer!
Old 10-10-18, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not a bad idea of a response.
Old 10-10-18, 08:59 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

thread title edit: (AND SHE'S GONE).
Old 10-10-18, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike View Post
I donít follow Doctor Who but did the Internet flip itís shit when this happened?

Also, I may start watching Doctor Who. Sheís cute as the dickens.
Old 10-10-18, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Your wife is nuts. In the sense that she's placing last-minute demands on you and everyone else. This is the 2nd time you've posted a situation where your wife WANTS YOU to solve her problems.

That needs to stop. You are her husband, not her fixer. She knew about her dad's procedure and forgot and pushed it on you. Just like the funeral situation.

"Let my hubby deal with it." Needs to change to "I will fix this."
You’re absolutely right. However her dad’s procedure was not scheduled six months ago. It’s this rediculous dermatologist. No body can plan for the shit that might happen in 6 months.
Old 10-10-18, 09:26 PM

Your wife may be bi & into this female dermatologist - that's why she's obsessed with her. I'm straight, and have dated bi women in the past. You can't tell from looking at these women that they like eating hair pie, but they do
Old 10-10-18, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You absolutely right. However her dadís procedure was not scheduled six months ago. Itís this rediculous dermatologist. No body can plan for the shit that might happen in 6 months.
I suggest you talk with your wife.
Old 10-10-18, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's not Dr. Sandra Lee, is it?
Old 10-10-18, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Your wife may be bi & into this female dermatologist - that's why she's obsessed with her. I'm straight, and have dated bi women in the past. You can't tell from looking at these women that they like eating hair pie, but they do
I doubt the dermatologist would make her wait 6 months for another round at the pie eating contest if they were both in on it. I'm thinking the wife has an obsession and the doctor is just doing her job.
Old 10-10-18, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's bullshit, of course, all part of that "doctor's" mantra of parting her patients of their cash as quickly as possible.

I say be a MAN, put your foot down and tell her NO! Fight this battle and keep your cash and your sanity. It's totally unreasonable that this "doctor" is any better than a normal internist -- probably WORSE -- and your wife is indeed very gullible.

Even more of a red flag is WHY the hell is she going to this flimflam "doctor" when she doesn't even have any dermatological complaints?

Either that, or your wife is a lesbo on the side, and getting some great action from this "doctor's" services.
Old 10-10-18, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Even more of a red flag is WHY the hell is she going to this flimflam "doctor" when she doesn't even have any dermatological complaints?
Good question. We need a picture of this female doctor, pronto

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I doubt the dermatologist would make her wait 6 months for another round at the pie eating contest if they were both in on it. I'm thinking the wife has an obsession and the doctor is just doing her job.
Not necessarily. It could be the wife is obsessed and the doctor is leading her on to some extent, but also keeping her at arms length because she doesn't want it to get too "serious"
Old 10-10-18, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You’re absolutely right. However her dad’s procedure was not scheduled six months ago. It’s this rediculous dermatologist. No body can plan for the shit that might happen in 6 months.
Good point. Thought your dad's procedure was scheduled a few months in advance as well. I would have a talk with her about this Dermo. Figure out a way with her that will still get her the appt...but will also be up for rescheduling if something important comes up as well.

Is this Dermo costing her Out of Pocket expenses (out of her pocket exclusively or both of yours)? Maybe ask her what exactly they are doing for her.

Last resort: You have a skin condition you think you have and since your wife approves/trusts this Dermo...you'd like to schedule an appt, too.
Old 10-10-18, 11:12 PM

six months is a long time but it seems the doctor is popular. Perhaps your wife is not comfortable with a male doctor doing the body scans. Is she the only female dermatologist in your area that takes tyour health insurance plan?
Old 10-10-18, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I donít follow Doctor Who but did the Internet flip itís shit when this happened?

Also, I may start watching Doctor Who. Sheís cute as the dickens.
She is cute. She was good in Broadchurch, as well as Black Mirror.
Old 10-10-18, 11:24 PM

The solution is simple. Call tomorrow and book an appointment 6 months out. Call next month and book another appointment 6 months out. Repeat.

If your wife has to cancel an appointment in the future, she'll know she's already got one on the books for the next month. If she has her appt in six months, turn around and cancel the next 5 appts. Repeat.
Old 10-10-18, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His name wouldn't happen to Dr. Van Nostrand, would it?
Old 10-10-18, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I don’t follow Doctor Who but did the Internet flip it’s shit when this happened?

Also, I may start watching Doctor Who. She’s cute as the dickens.
As is normal, a small group got angry for about a week and then carried on. The new season with her starring started last week:

In the UK, Whittaker’s series introduction as the Doctor on Sunday beat debuts by previous doctors Tennant, Smith and Capaldi’s openers with 8.2 million viewers and a 40.1% share for BBC One.
Eccleston (the first of the "new" doctors) is the only one that launched higher. The US ratings were a little lower, but that's largely due to it debuting at 1:45 PM in the afternoon to coincide w/ the BBC launch.

/nerd

I would agree with the wife if the doctor was THAT good, a dermatologist that isn't an asshole is hard to find here (Florida) so I get that part at least. But I think she's just testing OP
Old 10-10-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Youíre absolutely right. However her dadís procedure was not scheduled six months ago. Itís this rediculous dermatologist. No body can plan for the shit that might happen in 6 months.
Well, apparently The Doctor can ...
Old 10-10-18, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

zyzzle, you've got it all wrong ... The Doctor is the reason she has no conditions. The Doctor is that good!

Either that, or your wife is a lesbo on the side, and getting some great action from this "doctor's" services.
OK, nevermind ... you've got it spot on.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.