Favorite YouTube Vloggers/Channels?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Favorite YouTube Vloggers/Channels?

Old 08-16-19, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 486 Likes on 349 Posts
Re: Favorite YouTube Vloggers/Channels?

Originally Posted by D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) View Post

Interesting that she chose the a7iii which is ff and sigma 30 f1.4 which is a crop lens.
I thought that too but I'll let it go because it's a lot cheaper, it's smaller, and she's mainly shooting video anyways. I think the real thing is she could probably accomplish what she's doing with an APS-C camera and travel a little lighter.
Old 08-16-19, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 222 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
One of my favorite YouTube channels is Steve1989MREInfo. This dude gets military rations from all over the world, unpacks and meticulously describes its components, then he cooks them and eats them. It's wildly fascinating and soothing, and I wish I had as much passion for anything as this guy does for MREs. And it's not just modern day rations; he gets stuff from all throughout history. His WW2 era MREs are my favorite. Even if this sounds completely uninteresting, I'd recommend anyone check it out.
Let's get this out onto a tray... Nice!
Old 08-17-19, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
I thought that too but I'll let it go because it's a lot cheaper, it's smaller, and she's mainly shooting video anyways. I think the real thing is she could probably accomplish what she's doing with an APS-C camera and travel a little lighter.
Well i mean she has the sony 24-70 f2.8 lens which is fairly heavy and costs north of $2k. She could get the sigma art 35mm f1.4 ff for like 1/3 the price of the 24-70.
Old 08-17-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 151 Likes on 111 Posts

OMG I'm in love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3plikKg3haQ&t=928s

I don't mean to sound sexist but I've never seen a really attractive and young woman with all this gear and know how to use it.
And I don't mean to sound like a misogynist but she knows how to speak in generalities and make it sound interesting. Does she do more videos and less photography? Because her overviews of her equipment are rather simplistic and doesn't give any technical reason for using the equipment other than, "it's amazing."

That's from the link which was provided, and if she goes into detail on other videos, then I will be quiet.
Old 08-17-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 151 Likes on 111 Posts

Well i mean she has the sony 24-70 f2.8 lens which is fairly heavy and costs north of $2k. She could get the sigma art 35mm f1.4 ff for like 1/3 the price of the 24-70.
I have a Sigma Art lens (35mm) and I do not regret paying the amount I did for it over a Nikon competitor lens. I'd probably recommend most if not all of the Art lenses over the typical Canon/Nikon standard.
Old 08-18-19, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks to you guys, I have subscribed to a few more channels like Strictly Dumpling, Technology Connections and Red Letter Media.

However, the one channel that I found and enjoy is QPark.

It's silly and stupid but man, it makes me smile and laugh. This is about an Asian guy singing songs and doing the dance moves from the videos (his best ones are the Reggaeton/Shakira/Bad Bunny ones) in public spaces and the people's reaction to it.

The embedded video actually has Bad Bunny appearing with him and singing along with him which I thought it was kind of cool. His Spanish is not that bad and you can understand what he's saying most of the time. This is what I picture myself of looking like if I had the courage to make a complete ass of myself in public.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9R6ddBblcjM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-19-19, 11:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm no litmus test but I find myself not even watching many of the channels always listed as having the most subscribers, etc. You know the top 10 and stuff. For some reason even if a new channel and they seem to grow exponentially I tend to lose interest. Of course, I'm that way with TV shows also. Anything DIY or Electronics related seem to draw my attention. I also tend to go back over my subscriptions and find it interesting how many have dropped out or simply haven't posted in well over a year when I thought they would grow and grow their channels.
Old 08-20-19, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah exactly, I'm not sure her lens selection makes much sense. I still think she could accomplish everything she's doing by going APS-C. However, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because it looks like she's relatively new judging by how her videos looked just a year or two ago and what they look like now.

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
And I don't mean to sound like a misogynist but she knows how to speak in generalities and make it sound interesting. Does she do more videos and less photography? Because her overviews of her equipment are rather simplistic and doesn't give any technical reason for using the equipment other than, "it's amazing."

That's from the link which was provided, and if she goes into detail on other videos, then I will be quiet.
No she doesn't really get into equipment much. And yes she is more of a vlogger. She has some pictures on IG that look great but I think some she is the model and not the photographer. I'm still impressed that she has all that gear and she obviously knows how to use it. Yeah she might not know the intricacies of which lens is sharper etc, I'm sure she isn't a pixel peeper or obsesses over dxo profiles. But I'm still thoroughly impressed that she can use all that gear. Photography as a hobby has really expanded over the past 15 years or so and more and more women are into photography now but it's still rare that there are women who are really into the gear side of photography. And I've never really seen anyone with that many gadgets. And definitely none that looked like this.

Old 08-28-19, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts

Jack Denmo

This guy is hilarious. I've laughed out loud so many times watching his videos.

Old 11-23-21, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,666 Likes on 1,223 Posts

This thread has been dormant for a few years, but here's a few more YouTube channels that I have started watching more regularly.

Dan Murrell - Movie pundit who used to work for Fandom entertainment. He started his own channel about a year ago and does pretty good film reviews and does a weekly show analyzing the U.S. and international box office. I really like his stuff. It's very well prepared. If you are even remotely interested in the business of movies, I recommend his channel And he just passed about 100K subscribers in about 1 year of launching his channel.

Norma Geli - Vegas food and travel vlogger. She launched her channel at the start of the pandemic in March of 2020 and now she has almost 60K subscribers. She's really informative and shows a lot of things around Vegas.

Jaycation - San Diego based travel and food vlogger. His channel mostly focuses on the San Diego and Vegas food and travel scene. He has a great on camera personality and his videos are well produced.

Japan by Food - Japan food and travel vlog hosted by Japanese Canadian Shizuka Anderson. Really attractive young woman who takes us around various cities around Japan and introduces us to the local food scene.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
lwhy? (11-23-21), tanman (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 649 Likes on 505 Posts

One of my favorites is Abroad in Japan. His newest video is the Ramen shop he built in his apartment. It went live a couple of days ago and already has more than a million views.

Old 11-23-21, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Beau of the Fifth Column.
Old 11-23-21, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 791 Likes on 518 Posts

These are my current favorites.

Ask a Mortician - Facts about death and corpses. Expanding to interesting historical deaths.

Plainly Difficult - Historic industrial disasters and radiological accidents. Expanding to unethical science.

Fascinating Horror - Disturbing historic incidents.

Chris Sumo - Sumo news.

Building integrity - I started watching it for the in-depth explanations of the Florida condo collapse. This guy is a great explainer of engineering buildings, and of what goes on outside of the engineering.

Matt's Off Road Recovery - Chronicles of a company who pulls jeeps out of sand dunes and off mountainsides. Good-natured happy people.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 11-23-21 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-23-21, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 272 Likes on 190 Posts

UPDATE:

AvE started to get really annoying
Forgotten Weapons
hickok45
Jerry Miculek just lost interest
Steve1989MREInfo
The TRY Channel (formerly Facts.)
Louis Rossman also started to get really annoying
iPad Rehab
Techmoan
Technology Connections
The 8-Bit Guy (and his brother next)
The Geek Pub
Guy Planamento just lost interest
Mustie1
Jennies Garage
Aging Wheels
Hand Tool Rescue
Machinery Restorer
my mechanics
Car Wizard
Puddin's Fab Shop
The Metalist
Mr. Carlson's Lab
James Condon
Fran Blanche
Smarter Every Day
Felix Immler
Small Engine Mechanic
The Watch Doctor
My Retro Watches
Nekkid Watchmaker
Paul Sellers
Tacticool Girlfriend
Watch Repair Channel

and

Country Life Vlog - who knew a vlog about farm and village life in rural Azerbaijan would be so relaxing?

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 11-24-21 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-24-21, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

^ I forgot Smarter Every Day and Technology Connections. Also Tom Scott.

I got tired of Car Wizard. I'll sometimes still watch South Main Auto.

I usually watch Dr. Becky, and sometimes Sabine Hossenfelder.

ETA: Contrapoints. I watch all her videos, but I forgot because she only releases a couple a year.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 11-25-21 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-19-22, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts

Found this very interesting channel last night and spent like an hour watching the videos. Great work from these guys.

Channel: Rescue Hoof

Based in Taiwan. They rescue abandoned donkeys left by their owners. So these professional craftsmen fix repair their hoofs and the donkeys are back to walking normally. Really amazing stuff.

Edit: I spoke highly about this channel but came to realize they butcher the donkeys brutally. Unsubscribed.

Last edited by Sonic; 01-26-22 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-19-22, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

I like watching the A/V Geeks Lunchtime Streaming Show - it's just Skip Elsheimer showing old 16mm shorts from his and others' collections for about an hour (Monday through Friday).
Old 01-19-22, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
^ I forgot Smarter Every Day and Technology Connections. Also Tom Scott.

I got tired of Car Wizard. I'll sometimes still watch South Main Auto.

I usually watch Dr. Becky, and sometimes Sabine Hossenfelder.

ETA: Contrapoints. I watch all her videos, but I forgot because she only releases a couple a year.
I just recently found Tom Scott. He is amazing. I've seen a couple of his videos before but thought he was some kind of BBC correspondent. His videos are so well written, performed, researched, the topics he covers is incredibly fascinating. It's really top notch stuff. And they're short and to the point. One thing I find absolutely fascinating is all his videos are on location. I can't imagine how much money he spends in travel when he actually goes to the locations and oftentimes for a 5 minute video. Pretty amazing stuff.
Old 01-19-22, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 351 Likes on 259 Posts

I follow a bunch of manga collector/readers youtube channels other than that Disney related my wife and I watch all of Magic Journeys videos when they release.
Old 01-19-22, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 154 Likes on 132 Posts

I watch mainly movie related content, so obviously Red Letter Media (Best of the Worst primarily) (https://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia), Good Bad or Bad Bad (https://www.youtube.com/c/GoodBadorBadBad). Also like brutalmoose (will have to search, forum for some reason parses the link to a non-existent video) and his Mystery Tape series where he watches random blank tapes he picked up at garage sales.
Old 01-19-22, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just recently found Tom Scott. He is amazing. I've seen a couple of his videos before but thought he was some kind of BBC correspondent. His videos are so well written, performed, researched, the topics he covers is incredibly fascinating. It's really top notch stuff. And they're short and to the point. One thing I find absolutely fascinating is all his videos are on location. I can't imagine how much money he spends in travel when he actually goes to the locations and oftentimes for a 5 minute video. Pretty amazing stuff.
Why haven't you created a job for yourself where you travel to interesting places and describe them?

Once you've watched a lot of Tom Scott videos, watch the Tom Scott parody. It's dead on.

Old 01-20-22, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was hilarious. He's got the writing, the cadence, the delivery all perfect.
Old 02-06-22, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I just only recently got into watching Youtube Vloggers/channels. I can't believe it took me this long but I wasn't interested before.

I'll edit this thread later with the list of channels and Vloggers that I'm subscribing to.

Edit -
Blu-rays:
  • Cereal at Midnight
  • coolduder
  • John Flickinger

Games
  • Fandom Games

Telenovelas
  • Novelasdelayer
  • orphanbk

Chavo del Ocho/Chapulin Colorado
  • El Chavo del Ocho
  • Thomas Henrique

Food
  • Mark Wiens
  • Best Ever Food Reviews

Movies
  • Screen Junkies
The few channels that I still subscribe are Strictly Dumplings and his personal Mike Chen channels. Happythumsgaming and a few channels that have complete, English subtitled HK films which I won’t name for obvious reasons. I do subscribe to the SNL channel too.

I found Mark Wiens annoying and uninteresting.
Old 02-06-22, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
The few channels that I still subscribe are Strictly Dumplings and his personal Mike Chen channels. Happythumsgaming and a few channels that have complete, English subtitled HK films which I won’t name for obvious reasons. I do subscribe to the SNL channel too.

I found Mark Wiens annoying and uninteresting.

You found Mark annoying? Really? His channel in my opinion is still solid for the food and travel. He just spent the last 6 months traveling to various states in the U.S. and currently he’s in Dubai on his channel. He gets great access to all these restaurants behind the scenes. I feel like I’m traveling with a friend watching him and he’s huge in the food and travel community. He’s friends with Mike Chen, Sonny Side, David Hoffman, Trevor James and more who are also food and travel vloggers. He’s done a few collaborations with Mike Chen.
Old 04-08-22, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk God

I had to unsubscribe to Lamarr Wilson. His channel used to be fun with some really entertaining unboxing and tech videos and he would showcase a lot of fun pop culture things.

Now he's gotten super lazy and only produces 1 minute shorts that are formatted for your cell phone. He hasn't produced a real vlog in almost 9 months,

I don't know how many of you follow iJustine, but she was recently hospitalized with a blood clot in her shoulder and had a pulmonary embolism in her lung. She won't be making videos for awhile.

She chronicled it in this Twitter thread.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.