Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Pro Video Gamer breaks up with "Sexiest Weather Girl" to focus more on 'Call of Duty'

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Pro Video Gamer breaks up with "Sexiest Weather Girl" to focus more on 'Call of Duty'

Old 07-24-18, 09:25 PM

Would you break up with your hot girlfriend to play video games all day?

This Pro Gamer Dumped the World's Sexiest Weather Girl to Play 'Call of Duty' Full Time. His former girlfriend Yanet Garcia tweeted that she's "heartbroken."
https://www.maxim.com/women/yanet-ga...reak-up-2018-7
Yanet Garcia is now single. And the reason why is truly mind-boggling.
Pro gamer Douglas Martin broke up with Maxim Mexico's July cover model to play Call of Duty full-time.

That was the gist of a 10-minute video the 23-year-old YouTube star uploaded to his account, "FaZe Censor," to address the split.

Martin began by saying, "Yanet is an awesome girl, she deserves the best. Sheís beautiful, sheís smart, she was an awesome girlfriend."

Then he said this:

"I'm playing Call of Duty full-time now. I'm literally sitting here every single night from 7 p.m.... sometimes until 5 a.m.... playing Call of Duty."

"Iím on a contract. Itís not like I donít want to do this, this is the career that I want. I want to win a ring, I want to win a world championship, what I want in my life at this very moment is to compete in Call of Duty because I love it so much. Iím going to do whatever it takes to be a champion."

"Thereís only 24 hours in a day and I just didnít have enough time to do what I needed to do."

After living together for a year and a half in New York City, he said said "everything started to change" when Garcia moved to Mexico City to report the weather for Mexican television program Hoy and chase her dreams of becoming a supermodel and actress.

Yanet in happier times.

Last edited by sportsfan64; 07-27-18 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-24-18, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Pro Video Gamer breaks up with "Sexiest Weather Girl" to focus more on 'Call of D

What's so mind boggling dumb about this? He's a pro-gamer - he gets paid a lot of money to play not to mention makes a shitload from his youtube channel. It was a career thing. She's a great looking gal but people are missing the point that it didn't work out due to work. Video games and her own career.
Old 07-24-18, 10:17 PM
Admin-Thanos

Re: Pro Video Gamer breaks up with "Sexiest Weather Girl" to focus more on 'Call of D

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
What's so mind boggling dumb about this? He's a pro-gamer - he gets paid a lot of money to play not to mention makes a shitload from his youtube channel. It was a career thing. She's a great looking gal but people are missing the point that it didn't work out due to work. Video games and her own career.
Exactly. He could have followed her to Mexico City, but he might have had shitty internet and might not have pwned in Call of Duty.
Old 07-24-18, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Obviously it’s the “what a loser he dumped a hot girl to play video games” narrative here but with the amount of money at stake, it’s just as valid as making any other work-related choice about a relationship.
DVD Talk Legend

Leave it to DVDTalk to side with the gamer.

Spoiler:
seriously though,I get it, long distance relationships don’t work, especially ones in two different countries
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

And always remember what Chris Rock once said. No matter how beautiful a girl is, somewhere there's a guy who's sick and tired of putting up with her shit.
Old 07-24-18, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Exactly. He could have followed her to Mexico City, but he might have had shitty internet and might not have pwned in Call of Duty.
There's a Google HQ in Mexico City, so shitty internet is not an option, but I understand there could be some variables.
Old 07-24-18, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
And always remember what Chris Rock once said. No matter how beautiful a girl is, somewhere there's a guy who's sick and tired of putting up with her shit.
What shit was he putting up with? That she also wanted her own career and they couldn't make it work?

Seems like it was mutual.
Old 07-24-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems they broke up amicably so that's a good thing. They still so young to find other poeple. Long distance does get in the way. I've seen friends of mine get tired of waiting and breaking up.
Old 07-24-18, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh come on ... let's be honest and call out the real reason he broke up with her: those knees. Ugh.

Yeah, I'm going to hell and I won't direct Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 8.

Seriously though, I agree -- it was a career choice for both of them. She is pursuing a career in Mexico and he is pursuing a career in New York. They may not be typical careers, but I can see how both are demanding.

She is hot, but "world's sexiest" weather girl? Don't think so.
Old 07-25-18, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

There will always be plenty of time for sexy weather girls but call of duty is a fleeting thing that you really need to make sure you don't waste your opportunities on.
Old 07-25-18, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
There will always be plenty of time for sexy weather girls but call of duty is a fleeting thing that you really need to make sure you don't waste your opportunities on.
Actually there's more truth in that than you might realize. Competitive professional video gamers are all in their early 20s or younger. More than any other "sport", the decline is really early and sudden.

Seriously just look at the rosters for the first Overwatch League All-Star game :
https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/ne...sters-revealed
Old 07-25-18, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He was lucky a girl like this would fall for him.

He better be getting a million or more if he becomes a champion.
Old 07-25-18, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I clicked the link at another site because I thought it was going to be some overweight, unattractive gamer who ditched his "world's sexiest weather girl" girlfriend to play video games. Then I found out it was FazeCensor and Yanet Garcia and didn't think anything of it.
They're both good looking, in shape, and in their 20s. It's not a big deal.
Old 07-25-18, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is a stupid story

Couple breaks up due to long distance.
Old 07-25-18, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm guessing the OP's desired reaction was for all of us to laugh at the loser gamer who left his "sexiest" girlfriend to game. I don't think the OP understands how much money a pro gamer can make, nor do I think they take anything gaming related as serious.

This wasn't some fat kid in his parent's basement just wanting to play games all day...
Old 07-25-18, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Actually there's more truth in that than you might realize. Competitive professional video gamers are all in their early 20s or younger. More than any other "sport", the decline is really early and sudden.

Seriously just look at the rosters for the first Overwatch League All-Star game :
https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/ne...sters-revealed
Yeah, I remember watching that esports special a decade or so ago and in Korea you're washed up by your mid 20s, mostly due to reaction time.

https://kotaku.com/retired-at-20-a-p...rts-1746907605

The burnout rate for esports pros is profound. Players enter the scene as early as 14 or 15. According to the makers of the popular game League of Legends, they’re mostly retired by the time they hit their mid-20s. MC, once one of the best StarCraft players in the world, announced his retirement this year at the ripe old age of 24. Another just bowed out at 23. In basketball the age of 24 is supposed to be the beginning of your prime, the moment where you finally combine your athleticism and veteran wiliness and make a push for the record books. But scroll through SK Telecom’s roster and you’ll find three 19 year olds, one 22 year old, and the veteran, Jang “MaRin” Gyeong-Hwan at, of course, 24.
I don't follow egamers but I figure for your career it's better if you're well known and become a personality that can make a living afterwards, and this is actually a great way to get his name out there (haha, he picked gaming over a girl!), so I'm sure this is good for him too.
Old 07-25-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I just grew up at the wrong time. Back in my day my pickup line of "I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty damn good at Zaxxon!" didn't score me many chicks
Old 07-25-18, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just grew up at the wrong time. Back in my day my pickup line of "I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty damn good at Zaxxon!" didn't score me many chicks
I think you're overestimating how attractive it is for someone to say:

"I'm playing Call of Duty full-time now. I'm literally sitting here every single night from 7 p.m.... sometimes until 5 a.m.... playing Call of Duty."
when you don't look like or have the celebrity of the aforementioned Douglas Martin.
Old 07-25-18, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Agree with ya all
the timeframe for playing any sport especially gaming is very limited(except baseball only sport where there are 60 year old dudes with big beer bellies throwing balls) so gotta take advantage especially if you are already making the big bucks

and for the record she is a 7 tops in the Latina scale. we have lot better and so many
Old 07-25-18, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well being good at video games still won't get you chicks, but being really good at certain video games can now make you rich, which (as it always has since the advent of currency) can get you chicks.
Old 07-25-18, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post

and for the record she is a 7 tops in the Latina scale. we have lot better and so many
I was originally going to make a joke about how moving to Mexico is going to hurt her career because of what you said, but yeah, I kind of agree with you. But again, this story gets her name out there.
Old 07-25-18, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I mean she is hot, but Martin is an attractive guy too so I don't think he has to worry about dating other attractive people. I imagine one or both of them was getting bored with the relationship more than any of official explanations.

I mean, that this guy was dating Yanet is the only reason I'd ever heard of him, and I imagine that's true for most people who know who he is. I am tangentially familiar with 'faze' clan, but can't really speak to how good a player Martin is or what kind of money he pulls from it. I know the wealthiest pro-gamers get their money leveraging a huge social media following, more than tournament winnings. So from a career perspective, dumping Yanet would seem to be a bad move as I imagine half his followers will lose interest without the eye candy and fantasy girl element to his content.
Old 07-25-18, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I mean she is hot, but Martin is an attractive guy too so I don't think he has to worry about dating other attractive people. I imagine one or both of them was getting bored with the relationship more than any of official explanations.

I mean, that this guy was dating Yanet is the only reason I'd ever heard of him, and I imagine that's true for most people who know who he is. I am tangentially familiar with 'faze' clan, but can't really speak to how good a player Martin is or what kind of money he pulls from it. I know the wealthiest pro-gamers get their money leveraging a huge social media following, more than tournament winnings. So from a career perspective, dumping Yanet would seem to be a bad move as I imagine half his followers will lose interest without the eye candy and fantasy girl element to his content.
Honestly I've never heard about either of them, at least until this was posted and reposted elsewhere yesterday. But I'd think there'd be at least some nerd cred from some people for seemingly choosing gaming over women. But I have no idea how social media followings generate money. Was she featured in his videos or something? If that was the draw, her moving to Mexico was going to hamper that anyway.
Old 07-25-18, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You're out of your ever loving mind if you think she's only a 7. She starts out as an 8 and in some pics...I said goddamn! I would so inhale her ass.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.