Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Old 05-04-18, 01:06 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

I went to a local doughnut shop today to pick up some doughnuts for work tomorrow. I opened the door to go in the doughnut shop and a little kid approximately 4-6 years old runs up and punches me hard in the stomach right in the belly button. Maybe that was God telling me I shouldn't be eating doughnuts? Why do strange things always happen to me? At least he didn't aim six inches lower.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:07 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Hokeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 18,998
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Did you c*nt-punt the little fucker?
Hokeyboy is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:10 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 37,807
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Maybe that was God telling me I shouldn't be eating doughnuts?
No, it is God telling you to never, ever buy doughnuts the day before you are going to eat them or give them to others. Morning of, dude. Morning of.
jfoobar is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:11 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,360
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Yes, it was a message from God. Eat celery instead of donuts.
Nick Danger is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:13 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
No, it is God telling you to never, ever buy doughnuts the day before you are going to eat them or give them to others. Morning of, dude. Morning of.
I work on a morning show and I have to be at work at 4AM tomorrow. The local doughnut stores aren't open by then. I always get them the day before and they still taste pretty fresh the next morning.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:13 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,614
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
No, it is God telling you to never, ever buy doughnuts the day before you are going to eat them or give them to others. Morning of, dude. Morning of.
My first thought as well. That's worse than the guy that gets the donuts from a grocery store.
cpgator is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:14 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,079
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
No, it is God telling you to never, ever buy doughnuts the day before you are going to eat them or give them to others. Morning of, dude. Morning of.
This is the correct answer. 24+ hour old donuts? No thanks...

Not as bad as a guy I knew who brought 50 McD's cheeseburgers to a work pot luck, but still. Do you not like your co-workers?
Noonan is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:16 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goat3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,917
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post

Not as bad as a guy I knew who brought 50 McD's cheeseburgers to a work pot luck, but still. Do you not like your co-workers?
that's awesome.
Goat3001 is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:21 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,385
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Not as bad as a guy I knew who brought 50 McD's cheeseburgers to a work pot luck, but still. Do you not like your co-workers?
I did something like that one time. Wasn't as many as 50, but enough so everyone had two. People liked it. Nice alternative to the usual potluck fare.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:23 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,079
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I did something like that one time. Wasn't as many as 50, but enough so everyone had two. People liked it. Nice alternative to the usual potluck fare.
Gross. 5 or so minutes sitting out and those things become inedible.
Noonan is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:23 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 6,232
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I went to a local doughnut shop today to pick up some doughnuts for work tomorrow. I opened the door to go in the doughnut shop and a little kid approximately 4-6 years old runs up and punches me hard in the stomach right in the belly button. Maybe that was God telling me I shouldn't be eating doughnuts? Why do strange things always happen to me? At least he didn't aim six inches lower.

He probably punched you for the way you spelled donuts.
Deadman31 is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:25 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,453
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Get to know his mother. Really well. Then just smile at him when you accidentally leave the bedroom door open...
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:28 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
nando820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 4,360
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

you know whats worst than old Donuts. Old McDonald's fries. It only takes 20 minutes for those fries to go from crispy to saggy
nando820 is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:30 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
He probably punched you for the way you spelled donuts.
In the Southern US, we generally call them doughnuts since that's how Krispy Kreme spells it and that was the dominant chain in the South. In the Northern states, they generally say donuts since they tend to be dominated by Dunkin Donuts franchises.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:30 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 12,374
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
Did you c*nt-punt the little fucker?


Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Not as bad as a guy I knew who brought 50 McD's cheeseburgers to a work pot luck, but still. Do you not like your co-workers?



And come on man, there are no 24 hour donut places in town? I live in a little podunk town and even we have one of those.
cultshock is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:33 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 37,807
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I work on a morning show and I have to be at work at 4AM tomorrow. The local doughnut stores aren't open by then. I always get them the day before and they still taste pretty fresh the next morning.
Do you have 7-11? I think their doughnuts for the day get delivered by 4AM.
jfoobar is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:33 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post







And come on man, there are no 24 hour donut places in town? I live in a little podunk town and even we have one of those.
There aren't any in Lebanon, TN. Most of the 24 hour places that I have been to still have doughnuts from the day before when I tried to stop at 3AM before work.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:36 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Do you have 7-11? I think their doughnuts for the day get delivered by 4AM.
There are no 7-11s in the Nashville area.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:54 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,830
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

I can't be the only one that saw the thread title and expected to see Mabuse as the author?
andicus is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:57 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 1,145
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
There aren't any in Lebanon, TN. Most of the 24 hour places that I have been to still have doughnuts from the day before when I tried to stop at 3AM before work.
If you tell a place you have a larger order and want a fresh pickup a bit before they open, they will normally accommodate. You must not have a lot of nightlife in your area as all the doughnut places seem to close very early. Donut Palace seems like it could be a winner, despite them using the wrong spelling. Can't we just all agree to call them doughnuts?
JasonX is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 01:58 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 1,145
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
I can't be the only one that saw the thread title and expected to see Mabuse as the author?
You aren't. I was genuinely surprised.
JasonX is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 02:07 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,617
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
If you tell a place you have a larger order and want a fresh pickup a bit before they open, they will normally accommodate. You must not have a lot of nightlife in your area as all the doughnut places seem to close very early. Donut Palace seems like it could be a winner, despite them using the wrong spelling. Can't we just all agree to call them doughnuts?
Donut Palace was where I was punched at today. They don't open until 6AM on Saturdays... I don't know if they will even be making doughnuts at 330AM. I commute to downtown Nashville every day. I even searched for 24 hour places in Nashville and the Krispy Kremes don't open until 6AM on Saturdays.
lwhy? is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 02:20 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,230
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Not as bad as a guy I knew who brought 50 McD's cheeseburgers to a work pot luck, but still. Do you not like your co-workers?
We have someone who brings a couple White Castle crave cases in each year for the holiday potluck. Surprisingly not a big hit though.
PerryD is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 02:25 PM
  #24  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,523
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Jeez, punched right in the doughnut.

VinVega is offline  
Old 05-04-18, 02:37 PM
  #25  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,001
Re: I was punched trying to buy doughnuts.

Where was the kids' mother/father? Did he get in trouble? Was there any apology? WE NEED TO KNOW!
Bandoman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.