Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Should I go to a Singles Mixer?

Old 05-04-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Should I go to a Singles Mixer?

Well I have been meaning to give an update for this thread as its been a while. Lately its been one step forward two steps back. I have had three therapy sessions so far with my new therapist who specializes in sexuality, trauma and addiction. We have gone over my past trauma related to dating, being afraid of women, and anxiety from my lack of sexual experience. She has used a therapy called EMDR here is what its means.
https://www.emdria.org/page/120
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR is a set of standardized protocols that incorporates elements from many different treatment approaches. To date, EMDR therapy has helped millions of people of all ages relieve many types of psychological stress. Below is a Brief Description of EMDR Therapy.
I'm not quite sure where the therapy is going but I feel I have benefited from the experience so far. I have kind of gotten wrapped up in my doordash driving, but I finally got to go the wine and paint class with the friend I made off of the singles group. My head is feeling really clear now from the Sertraline, and I'm hoping I can begin to go down in my dosage.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 05-04-19 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-04-19, 09:20 PM

I did some EMDR for a while, it was helpful. It's more common than it used to be, so it must be showing results for people.
Old 05-04-19, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm going to have to read over that article I linked to as it has a lot of information about EMDR and how the process works.
Old 05-06-19, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just heard about the EMDR process during a convention panel last weekend discussing the psychology of Jessica Jones of all places. Pretty interesting. I hope it works out well for you.
Old 06-11-19, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well another update and I have a question. My next therapy appointment is this Thursday, I don't quite know how this EMDR process works so I feel really uneasy with each appointment but I know I need to keep going. I reached a milestone with my medicine as I have begun tappering off of Sertraline. I am now at 100mg down from 150mg. Overall I haven't felt really sick except for one day I had a bad headache, but I feel really paranoid of my every move right now. I'm wondering are these withdrawl symptoms. My therapist goal is to help with the isolation and that's my biggest struggle right now.