Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- I and II may finally be dead, but I'll leave them for now. III was reported still active in Jan.
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp ?? (III)

15% off orders of $50 to $99.99 and 20% off orders of $100 or more
GOFORIT
Expires April 24, 2018 at 2:59am Eastern Time.
This appears to work for some items like Books, but movies seem to be excluded though not listed on the coupon details. Movies do seem to work as an add-on item

"New Member" Welcome Coupons
Welcome coupons now have single use codes so these probably no longer will be generic/multiple use style so no longer will be posted
Print Wikipost

Anybody sign up for USPS Informed Delivery yet?

Old 12-14-17, 05:18 AM

Anybody sign up for USPS Informed Delivery yet?

I did. It's pretty cool! Every morning I get an email that has photo scans of the front of my letters, bills, etc. There's also a section that lists your packages that are arriving soon. Apparently you can also leave delivery instructions and so forth, although I've not tried that feature yet. All and all I'd say it's a cool, free service and I actually do feel more "informed" about what's arriving. The only criticism of it I have is after I signed up it took a good 3 days or so before it all kicked in and started working, after that it's fairly darn accurate.

Sign up and get the mobile app at: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action
Old 12-14-17, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Anybody sign up for USPS Informed Delivery yet?

Yes
Old 12-14-17, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of what I get in the postal mail is junk. All my bills and statements come to me electronically. If I order from Amazon or someplace their websites allow me to track shipping. Sounds like a neat idea for people who get lots of postal mail, though.
Old 12-14-17, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been doing it for a few months. It's especially helpful if you are expecting something important. My mail isn't delivered until middle/late afternoon so I like it.
Old 12-14-17, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Most of what I get in the postal mail is junk. All my bills and statements come to me electronically. If I order from Amazon or someplace their websites allow me to track shipping. Sounds like a neat idea for people who get lots of postal mail, though.
This is mostly true for me also, but in the case of packages the advantage is that they're all automatically in one place for you to view, all of your orders from various websites, without having to go to multiple websites.
Old 12-14-17, 06:44 AM

Yes. I love seeing my junk mail in my inbox everyday.
Old 12-14-17, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been doing it for probably close to a year now. Weird note: I searched my gmail account for "xfinity" recently, and my bills via USPS Informed Delivery showed up. Neat!
Old 12-14-17, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fuck these guys. I tried to create an account and got "you already have an account". Okay so I use the "Forgot User Name" function and it tells me to create a new account. When I try to create a new account it throws me back in the loop of you already have an account bullshit.

In the words of Tenacious D - the government totally sucks, you motherfucker, the government totally sucks!
Old 12-14-17, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slybone View Post
This is mostly true for me also, but in the case of packages the advantage is that they're all automatically in one place for you to view, all of your orders from various websites, without having to go to multiple websites.
I was already getting package notifications from USPS in my inbox for a few years before Informed Delivery was a thing
Old 12-14-17, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't signed up yet.

If my mail gets delivered late afternoon, would I still receive an email in the morning? I'm assuming the email I receive would be for the current day's mail and not the previous day. Correct?
Old 12-14-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I signed up for it a little while back. I don't get a ton of mail, but it is still pretty cool to be able to see what is heading my way.

And yes, stevevt...the e-mail would still more than likely arrive in the morning and would be for the current day's mail. Most of my e-mails have arrived between 9-11am.
Old 12-14-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yes, I like it and have been using it for a long time now. I do still receive mail that is important. I have noticed some oddities with it, for example I will have scanned mail in today's email that won't actually appear in my mailbox until tomorrow.

It came in handy one time when I had a scan of a letter I was waiting on, but it never actually appeared in my mailbox. I called the PO and explained and they found it and delivered it the next day.
Old 12-14-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've been getting emails for an address I haven't resided in for 3 years, and I didn't even remember signing up for it so I'm unsure how I was enrolled in the first place
Old 12-14-17, 11:40 AM

Cool, never heard of it. I signed up.
Old 12-14-17, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stevevt View Post
I haven't signed up yet.

If my mail gets delivered late afternoon, would I still receive an email in the morning? I'm assuming the email I receive would be for the current day's mail and not the previous day. Correct?
Yes, I get the email in the morning and I usually get my mail in the evening.

It's great because I can leave the mail for a few days unless it is something important.

Also it's also good in case a mail piece gets lost, particularly government mail
Old 12-14-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Been doing it for a while now. It's a nice feature. I really check it if I am waiting on something, like a Movie Pass card. One problem I have with it is that it doesn't list everything that is coming that day or in the future, like a Movie Pass card.
Old 12-14-17, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I already had a postal service account from buying stamps online and they just started sending me the Informed Delivery notifications a few months ago. I don't remember opting in, but I like it. The support sucks though, because it says "click here to view other mail on your dashboard." When I do that, it prompts me for my password, which I don't remember. There is no way to reset it. It just says "you must create a new account" then when I try to do that, I get the same error ytrez mentioned above telling me I already have an account. At least I still get the notifications.
Old 12-14-17, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had the password error you guys are describing some time ago. I think I had to call them to get my password unlocked/reset.
Old 12-14-17, 02:44 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Yes. I love seeing my junk mail in my inbox everyday.
Truth.

I've been signed up for a few months. It's... alright I guess. It's kind of inconsistent in two ways:
1. It doesn't show everything for a specific day, even if it's small enough. They say it will only show envelope-sized deliveries which is fine I guess, but half the time, there's more there. I can't really complain of course, but there are days where it would appear to be just a bunch of junk mail when there's actually something important in the mailbox as well, but not shown in the email/website for that day. I'd prefer if all letter-sized items were in the notification, or better yet, ALL items, big or small. But

2. I used to get the notification early in the morning. 8-ish. Now I get it around 2 or 3pm, and it's always for the one or two days out, which is weird. It's like that TV show, Early Edition (the show where the magic cat brought newspapers from the future to some shlubby fuck).
Old 12-14-17, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I use it and like it. What I'd really like is if they expanded their service to cover PO Boxes, so I don't have to make a trip to the post office just to collect some junk mail.
Old 12-14-17, 05:16 PM

Does my spouse need to sign up separately or is it all mail to that address? What about kids? What about our imaginary dog, Current Resident?
Old 12-14-17, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by story View Post
Does my spouse need to sign up separately or is it all mail to that address? What about kids? What about our imaginary dog, Current Resident?
Your trusty dog is covered (oddly, mine has the same name). I think all mail to the address. But oddly, it doesn't cover flats (also known as large letters), only letters and packages.
Old 12-14-17, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slybone View Post
I did. It's pretty cool! Every morning I get an email that has photo scans of the front of my letters, bills, etc. There's also a section that lists your packages that are arriving soon. Apparently you can also leave delivery instructions and so forth, although I've not tried that feature yet. All and all I'd say it's a cool, free service and I actually do feel more "informed" about what's arriving. The only criticism of it I have is after I signed up it took a good 3 days or so before it all kicked in and started working, after that it's fairly darn accurate.

Sign up and get the mobile app at: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action
Thank you, Megan Brennan.
Old 12-14-17, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All you people who "love it": Aren't you worried about what might be done with those scanned images, how they might be used to track you and affect your privacy and / or invite identity theft?

This seems like a useless frill that can be misused in so many ways. I'd never sign up for it. The fewer people who know about what mail I get, the better. It's private.

But, inventive new ways of eroding our privacy and rights, in the guise of 'convenience' seem to be increasing at exponential speed.
Old 12-14-17, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've never heard of it, sounds pretty cool. I'll sign up!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.