DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Name a food you can't stand that others seem to love. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/641010-name-food-you-cant-stand-others-seem-love.html)

OldBoy 08-09-17 01:38 PM

Name a food you can't stand that others seem to love.

beans. any kind of beans.

Mrs. Danger 08-09-17 01:40 PM

Re: Name a food you can't stand that others seem to love.

Celery. It's the taste equivalent of nails on a blackboard. As I said in the previous incarnation of this thread.

Goat3001 08-09-17 01:42 PM

Olives. I hate olives. I was just in Spain and they serve olives with every meal. I was told to try them and that they taste a lot better than in the US. Nope. Still hated it.

Fist of Doom 08-09-17 01:44 PM

Mayonnaise. Blech.

The Cow 08-09-17 01:44 PM

Ice Cream

cultshock 08-09-17 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger (Post 13130949)
Celery. It's the taste equivalent of nails on a blackboard. As I said in the previous incarnation of this thread.

God yes, celery tastes terrible!
I also can't stand peas and broccoli (although the latter more due to texture than flavor).

Also, not really a "food" per se, but I find coffee completely undrinkable, I think it's disgusting.

Noonan 08-09-17 01:49 PM

Rasins. Can't stand them in any form (other than grapes...lol). I don't mind dried cranberries but rasins make me gag.

The Questyen 08-09-17 01:59 PM

I could make a list of hundreds of things I can't stand that other people like to eat. I'm a pretty boring eater who really only eats the same 10-20 things for the most part.

rbrown498 08-09-17 02:15 PM

Milk.

I can't get past the fact that I'm drinking a liquid that came out of a cow.

Almond "milk"? Cashew "milk"? Sure, bring it on. It's not an animal secretion.

joeblow69 08-09-17 02:17 PM

tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms

Bluelitespecial 08-09-17 02:20 PM

I hate cake, its gross. I never liked it since I was really young, and even if my tastes have changed getting older I still hate it.

Coral 08-09-17 02:21 PM

Peanut butter (even the smell makes me gag), olives and mushrooms.

phryzbe 08-09-17 02:22 PM

Coffee. I've never had a cup of coffee. Don't like coffee ice cream.

Also tomatoes. But fuck coffee.

Obi-Wan Jabroni 08-09-17 02:26 PM

I'm gonna catch hell for this, but bacon. I'll eat it if it comes on my burger, but I could take it or leave it. Don't like the smell of it cooking either.

hbilly 08-09-17 02:44 PM

Walnuts. I don't hate them but they are my least favorite nuts. As kids we called them tiny brains because that's how they look after cracking the shell.
There's a local bakery that offers walnut & raisin muffins and they are gross, because they put whole walnuts inside the muffin and the nuts are kind of hard to chew. The raisins just add to the overall weirdness, they are like a gooey distraction. Awful combination.

Save Ferris 08-09-17 02:52 PM

tomatoes

d2cheer 08-09-17 03:01 PM

Squash. blech...:yack:

Decker 08-09-17 03:05 PM

I will only eat eggs than have been scrambled, with or without yolks. I'm fine with omeletes or those McDonald biscuit sandwiches but fried, poached, hard boiled eggs or an Egg McMuffin grosses me out. Can't explain it, but I have an irrational fear of intact yolks. -screwy-

Also, as I've mentioned in weight-loss thread, I stopped eating anything fried (french fries, fried chicken, bacon, fried shrimp) for about 3 years now. Doesn't gross me out or anything, but I won't eat it (and if I try one of my son's french fries, I don't like the taste any more). Sometimes it's a problem, especially at dinner parties where most hors d'oeuvres are deep-fried.

tommyp007 08-09-17 03:08 PM

Eggs. I grew up eating scrambled eggs, but as I've aged, I like them less and less. Now, even the smell of cooked eggs turns my stomach.

shizawn 08-09-17 03:08 PM

Avocado. So gross.

Troy Stiffler 08-09-17 03:10 PM

I love just about everything.

Sadly, I don't do pizza anymore. I get all that bread and stuff in me, and I fall asleep and feel like shit for half the day. I've done it so many times, that I'm now kind of gun-shy about it. If I think for a moment that it's a good idea, I can stop, think about how it's going to make me feel, and go 'nope'.

Sucks because I love pizza. But if I think I'm going to go enjoy some pizza for lunch ... my day is over.

Vibiana 08-09-17 03:12 PM

Sweet iced tea.

kahuna415 08-09-17 03:13 PM

Liver, Kale, fish(especially bony type) and Brussel Sprouts.

Bitter, nasty and youth altering.

davidh777 08-09-17 03:15 PM

Beer--never developed a taste for it.

clckworang 08-09-17 03:18 PM

Tomatoes and mushrooms. It's weird because I like a lot of things that you make with tomatoes, but I don't like whole or sliced tomatoes on their own. I've tried with mushrooms, but I just can't do it. Any time I order pizza with friends, they always want pepperoni and mushroom, and I always veto.