Other Talk "Otterville"

"Da Vasectomy Delight" Talk

Old 05-24-19, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts
Re: "Da Vasectomy Delight" Talk

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Just got done with mine and it couldn't have gone any smoother. Just a small pin prick at the start and then nothing after.
Are you sure you got a vasectomy, or...

Old 05-25-19, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Just got done with mine and it couldn't have gone any smoother. Just a small pin prick at the start and then nothing after.
I'm seriously considering having the snip.

Was it really that easy?

I'm horrible at the doctor and with needles, so the idea of being awake and that going on really freaks me out.
Old 05-25-19, 08:34 AM

Received 957 Likes on 562 Posts

It's very easy, relax. I have an extensive play-by-play in post #60, if that's helpful.
Old 05-25-19, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 351 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by thematahara View Post
I'm seriously considering having the snip.

Was it really that easy?

I'm horrible at the doctor and with needles, so the idea of being awake and that going on really freaks me out.
Yep that very first prick of pain was all I felt throughout the whole procedure. They had me take a Valium right before the procedure just to calm you down. They also gave me a prescription for some pain meds in case but I haven't used anything. It's 24 hours later and other than putting ice on it occasionally like you're supposed to for swelling I haven't had any discomfort.
Old 05-27-19, 07:12 AM
Suspended

Received 535 Likes on 254 Posts

Yep that very first prick of pain
*snickering like Muttley* I see what you did there ...
Old 05-27-19, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

So do they make the cut on your
Spoiler:
dick or your nuts?
I have been wanting to do it, but I have heard too many horror stories. This thread didn't help calm my nerves about the procedure.
Old 05-27-19, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 437 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
So do they make the cut on your
Spoiler:
dick or your nuts?
I have been wanting to do it, but I have heard too many horror stories. This thread didn't help calm my nerves about the procedure.
? Why would they cut your penis? Not to be rude, but you are familiar with your reproductive anatomy, aren't you?

For a traditional vasectomy, they'll make an incision on each side of your scrotum. For a non-scalpel vasectomy, they make one puncture in the center of your scrotum.

I had the non-scalpel variety, and watched the beginning of the procedure. I would've watched it all, but my doc said that sitting up was putting tension on my testicles, so it was making it more difficult.

Just make sure you have a well regarded doctor, and it should be quite easy.
Old 05-27-19, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 911 Likes on 692 Posts

The cut goes in the upper part of the scrotum so they can clamp down the travel tubes for the sperm.

Don't make my mistake and forgo the valium just so you can drive yourself home. I'm not overly squeamish but I could feel the injections of the numbing shots and it wasn't pleasant. I was hyperaware that my bits were being cut into, and it made it a little hard to get through.

But, I'm about 5 years in or so, and it's absolutely worth it. Nothing to throw off the rhythm of the moment, just fire and forget.
Old 05-29-19, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep that very first prick of pain was all I felt throughout the whole procedure. They had me take a Valium right before the procedure just to calm you down. They also gave me a prescription for some pain meds in case but I haven't used anything. It's 24 hours later and other than putting ice on it occasionally like you're supposed to for swelling I haven't had any discomfort.
It's the day 5 that gets you, after that, it's smooth sailing.
Old 05-29-19, 01:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had it done last year and it was pretty much like this. Only thing is that for a week your balls feel sore like someone played ping pong with them

edit: And yes the Valium helped a lot. I barely felt any of the procedure. I made my wife drive me
Old 01-20-20, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

Received 670 Likes on 508 Posts

I am now part of the club as of an hour ago. Except I had no Valium!!! Arg!!!!
Old 01-20-20, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, same. I skipped it so I could drive myself home and that was a mistake. I nearly had a panic attack during the surgery.

Whatever painkillers they gave you, don't try to ration them out, just get them in you and try to relax.

It will be totally worth it in a few months.
Old 01-20-20, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 581 Likes on 411 Posts

You mad bastards ...

E Unit’s unit has been de-unit-ed.
Old 01-21-20, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 437 Likes on 341 Posts

I don't think I was ever offered valium. Not that I would've taken it.

I actually watched the beginning of my procedure. I had to lay back, though, because sitting up was putting tension on the vas.
Old 01-21-20, 08:26 AM

Follow up to my vasectomy that was done in May. I still haven't gotten the all clear on "no sperm". I've had two follow up appointments and my most recent one they still detected a small amount so now I have to get checked again in March.
Old 01-21-20, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

Damn, what’s up with that? Any reason as to why you’re still getting a count? I would think the searing of the vas would end that.
Old 01-21-20, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Damn, what’s up with that? Any reason as to why you’re still getting a count? I would think the searing of the vas would end that.
No idea. The doctor says some people take longer to clear out so they'll still get sperm readings for awhile. It's super low but still some present. He thinks it'll be clear when I go back in March.
Old 01-21-20, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Interesting. My doc wants a follow-up in 8-9 weeks. He says it should be an all clear by then, but that's what the tests are for.
Old 08-19-20, 07:24 PM

So I still haven't been cleared and my vasectomy was last May. I was originally scheduled to do my third followup test in March but COVID delayed it and I finally was able to go a few weeks ago. I got back the results and there is still a very small amount of sperm present. My doctor still thinks it was a success and says some men don't ever get to zero and that in those cases they have to check the "motility" of the sperm. So now I had to do a 4th test today and wait for the results.
Old 08-19-20, 07:28 PM

Received 957 Likes on 562 Posts

Really?! I mean, I'm pretty sure the rest of us knew within a few weeks. Are you sure they shouldn't do it again or make sure it's wraoped up, given it was, and I'm sorry I'm a little shocked, 15 months ago?!
Old 08-19-20, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by story View Post
Really?! I mean, I'm pretty sure the rest of us knew within a few weeks. Are you sure they shouldn't do it again or make sure it's wraoped up, given it was, and I'm sorry I'm a little shocked, 15 months ago?!
I've asked him that 3 different times during this process and each time he's said it doesn't need to be done again. He said it is usually pretty obvious when it didn't work and I wouldn't be getting the .00001 sperm count levels if it didn't work. While speaking to a nurse at the office today she said it happens in a small amount of patients where it never goes to zero but the motility is at zero so the sperm can't fertilize the egg anyways.
Old 08-19-20, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,322 Likes on 954 Posts

At fifteen months, you should be shooting blanks, shouldn't you?

They sever the vas deferens, so there shouldn't be any way for the little fuckers to get out of your balls and into your jizz.

I think you're supposed to ejaculate a couple dozen times to make sure they're all flushed out.

Any possibility that the Doctor who did the procedure didn't do it right?
Old 08-19-20, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,322 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

While she is talking in comes Dr who himself looks like a model. Sort of a trendy looking dude who really looked younger than me. The two of them talk to me a bit and then he said, “you know it’s been a while since I’ve done this, I almost referred you to someone else.” I thought I was going to be sick!
Wha' the hell?

Old 08-20-20, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

The doctor that did mine said that some men have a microscopic extra vas deferens so their count never drops to zero, but it is rare. Sounds like you are one of the lucky winners.
Old 08-20-20, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That seems really odd. My wife and I started being "careless" even before I had gotten the all clear ( I think she was secretly okay with getting pregnant again but nothing happened) because we had been making sure to do lots of "clearing actions".

It's been six years now with nary a problem and I'm so glad I got it done. We are utterly and absolutely careless with our funtime and don't even think twice about it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.