"Da Vasectomy Delight" Talk

Other Talk "Otterville"

"Da Vasectomy Delight" Talk

Old 06-23-17, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 581 Likes on 411 Posts
Re: "Da Vasectomy Delight" Talk

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Are you saying our little Thor is a woman now?
They grow up so fast ...
Old 06-27-17, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Don't you folks have the option for the non-scalpel type of vasectomy? Just a small puncture, rather than getting sliced open.
My so-called non-scalpel vasectomy still had some scalpel cutting and stitching involved. Nowhere near the amount that the scalpel version had, though.
Old 06-27-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 437 Likes on 341 Posts

^Plus I expect it was only one spot, rather than a traditional vasectomy that involves an incision on each side?

Strange that you needed stitches, though. I suppose, in some cases, they may have to deviate from procedure, as needed.
Old 06-27-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had mine done and i will say its for some but not for all.

Here’s my story

I decided to do it because I had 2 girls already and didn’t want another kid.

Made my appointment and I opted to stay awake for it.

Day of, I was nervous as fuck. They lay me down with my pants off and just a sheet covering me. They numb it with two shots. One felt like a burning sensation and the other was even more burning but wasn’t so bad.

The doc begins his work. Asking me if I was ok and I was just listening to Howard Stern the entire time. Tug tug tug. Tug.. Didn’t feel much but just him grabbing my two buddies. Then it was stitch time. Everything was fine but it was time to sit up and I almost fainted. I had to sit back as my pressure went low. I have anxiety issues so I think I was just nervous of the unknown. Sat back down and had some juice and a cookie. Was fine and then got up and dressed and walked out. Drove home. It was fine the couple of days of resting with ice on it. I put it directly on the piece. It wasn’t so bad. Small cut and that’s it. First piss felt fine too.

Here’s the kicker

Come to find out I have an infection and had to sit out again from work because of it. Fucking stupid. 1.2 percent who has an infection from this office but I win the lottery right?

Turns out I had an infection in my bladder and it had to be corrected to. Blessing in disguise was this vasectomy but whatever.

Anyways I will say that I have no players in the game so im good on that part. But my sensation after whoopee is different too

Would I recommend it to anyone else? Probably not but its good for some and not good for others.
Old 06-27-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 180 Likes on 148 Posts

I had mine a few years back... reading the OPs post gave me anxiety beyond belief. I wouldn't go thru a vasectomy again knowing what I know now. The tugging on the innards and the burning / smoke coming from my balls is enough to make me sweat just typing this out.
Old 06-27-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

This might be the scariest thread I seen from Otter.
Old 06-27-17, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 911 Likes on 692 Posts

My problem was I declined the Valium since I drove myself (wife had something with the kid that day) and I didn't think it would be a big deal.

If I had to do it over again, I'd make sure to take the Valium because the benefits of the last few years are absolutely worth it.
Old 06-28-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the two greatest kids a dad could ask for.

Having said that, even with the above experience, I would absolutely sign up for this again if I had to. Bloody balls or a new baby in the house and all that goes along with it for the rest of my life? Yeah, it's not even close, really.

The baby season was great, but I'm over it. Busy raising the two I have and love every minute of it.
Old 06-28-17, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I wasnt offered any drugs before or after the procedure.

I remember lying on the table during the procedure and looking at the ceiling. they had pages of tropical beaches that looked like they were pulled from a calendar pinned to the ceiling. The worst part was the pictures were not aligned evenly; some were tilted. that along with the feeling that someone put a giant clothes pin on one of the nuts was unsettling.
I eventually recovered and am glad I did it. 3 kids were enough.
My buddy had the procedure and played softball the next day.
Old 06-29-17, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts

I had my procedure this morning, the no-scalpel. It wasn't bad, other than getting a shot in my balls, and one point where it felt like he doc was squeezing my balls really hard.

After it was done I sent my wife a text that basically consisted of this:

Old 06-29-17, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it intriguing how many have gotten the procedure, where the wife wasn't around in the waiting room or to drive you home. Mine did and has been appreciative for getting it done.
Old 06-29-17, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pyro383 View Post
I find it intriguing how many have gotten the procedure, where the wife wasn't around in the waiting room or to drive you home. Mine did and has been appreciative for getting it done.
They really try to sell it as an easy out-patient procedure. I have a feeling the doctors are sticking the insurance companies for a lot more money than it's really worth, but the insurance companies are fine with paying because it's still cheaper than the cost of the partner's potential pregnancies.

And my wife is appreciative of me having it done. She doesn't complain about the after effects at all. Just glad to not be pregnant.
Old 06-29-17, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts

They said that if I wanted Valium I needed someone to drive, otherwise I'd be good to drive myself home.
Old 06-29-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
They really try to sell it as an easy out-patient procedure. I have a feeling the doctors are sticking the insurance companies for a lot more money than it's really worth, but the insurance companies are fine with paying because it's still cheaper than the cost of the partner's potential pregnancies.

It wasn't even covered under my insurance. I had to pay out of pocket.
Old 06-29-17, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I might have had a $100 or $200 copay, but that was it.

We have really good insurance through work but we're about to enter a merger and we have no idea what's going to happen.
Old 07-03-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-28-18, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had an appointment for Vasectomy consult today. My wife is expecting our third child and we decided that's it for us. Since she has been doing all the heavy lifting with the delivering and birth control pills its just right that I take one for the team now

So having said that this still scares the hell out of me. Just the thought of the needle makes my balls tremble. Also the doctor said once this is done, its very hard to reverse back. Not that I can picture needing it back but still
Old 02-28-18, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 513 Posts

Fuck, I'm been thinking of getting one as I'm now 50 and have two kids so I'm done. But after reading this thread I'm having second thoughts. Can't they dope me up really good for the procedure like they do when I get a colonoscopy, where I don't remember a damn thing?
Old 02-28-18, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

I had mine a year after my daughter was born. We knew we only wanted one child. It's been 9 years, but as I recall, I was given anesthetic that put me completely under, woke up afterwards and went home. A few days off work laying around, then back to normal.

Last edited by tommyp007; 05-25-19 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

I don't think I have the balls to go with this procedure while my eyeballs are completely open. No thanks! Put me to sleep instead.
Old 02-28-18, 07:00 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My doc prescribed me a couple of Valium and I took one about 30 minutes prior. I didn't give a damn what was going on and even carried on a full conversation with the female nurse while my junk was flapping in the breeze. Drove myself home after the procedure and then spent two days on the couch with ice on my nuts while I played video games.

This was one of my better decisions. The no sex part was rough. Pretty sure I hurt the wife when I was given the all clear. I was like "you moved!" and then I was like a jackrabbit.

Be the jackrabbit.
Old 02-28-18, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
It's been 9 years, but as I recall, I was given anesthetic that put me completely under, woke up afterwards and went home. A few days off work laying around, then back to normal.
Ok, I think I could deal with that.
Old 02-28-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 192 Likes on 164 Posts

My story from when I did it about 15+ years ago.

Wife (now Ex) and I “discussing” if I’m getting cut or she is. She said she would if our second was a girl, it was. She is backing tracking.

In reality I know it is minor procedure for the guy and figure you know, If I take the bullet maybe a little more fun However I tell wife she had to call the insurance company, find the Dr and set appointment so all I have to do is show up. She agrees.

Day of appointment I have a rough day and not really thinking about. I had taken 1/2 day off for proceedure and the next day off which is Friday so I have weekend off as well. I go to the Dr for appt. I walk in he waiting area and there are 4-5 gorgeous women sitting in the waiting room. No men. I feel this is odd but whatever.

I go to check in and this model of nurse with obviously fake boobs helps me and when she reads why I’m there she kind of smiles. OK this is weird.

So another absolute bombshell nurse comes to the waiting room and calls my name. First thing I notice is she has these huge amazing lips. I follow her and she gives me a gown and and tells me to take take everything off but t-shirt and put on gown and she would send the Dr’s nurse in to explain everything.

In walks in another pin-up model nurse and she proceeds to walk me through everything and read all the disclaimers.

While she is talking in comes Dr who himelf looks like a model. Sort of a trendy looking dude who really looked younger than me. The two of them talk to me a bit and then he said, “you know it’s been a while since I’ve done this, I almost referred you to someone else.” I thought I was going to be sick!

The nurse left and I got the story. He is now a plastic surgeon! But still does the odd “regular thing” now and again. He literally said as he could tell I was starting to sweat, “hey if anything goes wrong I’ll make you better than before” and walked out the room. I’m freaking!

His nurse come back in sees I’m freaked and calms me down. She said that having a cavity filled is worse and harder than what is about to happen. I tell her “I don’t know” she said “tell you what, I’ll have Cindy talk to you through the whole thing”. Cindy turns out to be the super hot receptionist with the fake boobs.

So here I am, Dr and his hot nurse giving me a V as another hot nurse “observes” and Cindy is sitting leaning in and talking at almost a whisper too me!

If it was for the vasectomy I could have made up the perfect Penthouse letter!

It actually went very quickly and no pain during the procedure. I did fuck up later and did not just lay down with ice. I moved a box or something and started bleeding through the stitches. But did not appear I busted them and I stopped the bleeding in a few minutes. And the drugs he gave me were amazing!

It’s really not that bad.
Old 02-28-18, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberdave View Post
My doc prescribed me a couple of Valium and I took one about 30 minutes prior. I didn't give a damn what was going on and even carried on a full conversation with the female nurse while my junk was flapping in the breeze. Drove myself home after the procedure and then spent two days on the couch with ice on my nuts while I played video games.

This was one of my better decisions. The no sex part was rough. Pretty sure I hurt the wife when I was given the all clear. I was like "you moved!" and then I was like a jackrabbit.

Be the jackrabbit.
Old 02-28-18, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 468 Posts

Am I the only one who's picturing the procedure being something like this?:

(I'll NSFW tag that if people object)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.