Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

RIP stp115 has passed away. 02.19.2017

Old 02-20-17, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: RIP stp115 has passed away. 02.19.2017

Always seem to be at a loss for words when I hear these sort of things. My sympathy to his family, Lenamrie and all who knew him. Hope she will pass along our condolences to them. Though we are mostly strangers to one another, these things always seem to create a void. Best wishes to everyone.

R.I.P.
Old 02-20-17, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh no . . . My condolences, Lena.
Old 02-20-17, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

His join date is close to mine but he didn't post as much. After reading his posts in the "depression" thread that's too bad. He had a nice writing style.
Old 02-20-17, 06:18 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this. Too close to "home". RIP.
Old 02-20-17, 07:12 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

I am so sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Sean.
Old 02-20-17, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My heart goes out to his friends and family. The forum will be a little emptier for having lost him.
Old 02-20-17, 08:45 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I've been having that same thought kd5 ... I've been here a long time and I've never met a fellow DVDTalker in person. I know there are a few in my area, but we've never actually met. I had invites from a number of Otters when I went to Ohio this summer, but I was on crutches and didn't get to do all the things we had planned.

Maybe we should re-start the DVDTalk Meet-ups?
Been here near daily for 18 years and have only met a couple of you in person, would love to change that. You're family and friends as much as the "real" people in my life.

More meet-ups would be great, as would getting more connected to each other through Facebook. Here is a non-IB group of us, DVDTalkers.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/20248807374

I'm personal Facebook friends with several of you and you're among my favorite people on social media.
Old 02-20-17, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jon2 View Post
Hope she will pass along our condolences to them.
I will. Thank you.
Just an update, currently there is still no fundraisers being set up, and I don't suspect there will be. Sean had his affairs in order. But I certainly appreciate all who have asked about any collection of monies for his service or his son.
Thanks
Lena
Old 02-20-17, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There must have been tremendous pain and a huge burden for Sean to have made this horrible decision. I hope he's at last found peace. To his family, friends and particularly his son, I also hope they also eventually find peace with this tragedy. This is going to be a long road for them.
Old 02-20-17, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Been here near daily for 18 years and have only met a couple of you in person, would love to change that. You're family and friends as much as the "real" people in my life.

More meet-ups would be great, as would getting more connected to each other through Facebook. Here is a non-IB group of us, DVDTalkers.

I'm personal Facebook friends with several of you and you're among my favorite people on social media.
I don't want to diminish in any way the memory of Sean, but I did want to say how sometimes, places like DVDTalk offer a good source of friendship, help, advice, and all sorts of things a lot of members may not get in real life. So it really bums me (okay, it pisses me off), that people get banned from here for very subjective reasons, with Snake being the most recent casualty (Seriously, it was a stupid picture. Temporarily ban his ass, then let him back in for crying out loud). I can't speak on anyone here who may or may not rely on an online group of friends, but when they get banned for any reason, I can't help but wonder what it could possibly do, especially when they've had a daily presence here for years. I hope that moderators here take note that when actions like that are done, to fully consider what they do. It's a lot of weight for moderators, and a bit extreme, but it is within the realistic realm of potential possibilities. I'm only sad and sorry I didn't get to know Sean - and so many others here - more. But a lot of people here make me happy and appreciate my own life a bit more.

So yeah, I'd love to meet a few of us here in real life.

Last edited by E Unit; 02-20-17 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-20-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm very sad, reading this.

Unfortunately, I've known a fair (too high, obviously) number of people that have resorted to suicide. Two of them were brothers that committed suicide a few years apart. One of the brothers was a close friend, but we drifted apart over the years. I think despondency over his brother's suicide led to his own.

RIP Sean.

Lena, my condolences to you, and to Sean's family.
Old 02-20-17, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
Oh, Lena! That's the update I hoping not to hear! Thank you so much for sharing. I appreciate your vulnerability and we will hold you in tender care here.

That's so hard, I cannot imagine. A person's completed suicide is an unbelievable puzzle, with pieces that don't fit, pieces that look one way today and another day tomorrow, and some pieces are just plain missing. That's one of the hardest parts of trying to piece it all together. It will take everyone who knew him and loved him holding each other as dear pieces in his life as that puzzle lays out before you. I hope you and his family all have support networks who you trust and love you; you are each worthy of it.

I am sorry about what happened and wished so much more for Sean. We remember in Romans 6 that death does not have the last word, and Romans 8 reminds us that nothing separates us from the love of God - even suicide. We are sought by God, pursued even in the darkest of depths (Psalm 139), and there is a place prepared in eternal life (John 14).

In the midst of brokenness, comes healing.
In the midst of mystery, hope.
In the midst of despair, light.

As time and needs unfold for you, Kain, and others, please let us know how we can help. We will each do what we are able.
Well said, Story. This is very sad to hear. Our prayers are with his son and friends.
Old 02-20-17, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 02-20-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

stp115.

Did he leave a note or anything to let his family know anything?

So sad that he felt he had to do this...

I had a friend who drank himself to death after his mother died. It took 10 years, but it got him eventually thank to a blood clot. We all agreed it was a long, drawn out suicide for him.
Old 02-20-17, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lenamrie1979 View Post
It's so hard to decide if sharing is the right thing to do. But awareness is so important. I'm trying to decide if he were here, would he get mad at me for being honest. I think no. He always appreciated honesty. He was not terminal. And there was no accident. He decided this world wasn't for him. Thank you all for your condolences and thinking of me. This has been one of the hardest days of my life. My email is lenamarie1979 at gmail if anyone needs to keep in touch. His son is doing okay considering. But I'm sure he has a long road ahead of him. It's never easy to lose a parent. Especially at such a young age.
Thanks you for posting this. Very sad day indeed. RIP you will be missed Sean.
Old 02-20-17, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
Did he leave a note or anything to let his family know anything?
Yes. I was one of 3 people that received it. He sent it to what he called his "chosen family". It has been forwarded to his immediate family so they have the answers to the questions they are both wanting and needing.

I prefer to keep the details of that letter close to my heart. I hope you understand.
Old 02-20-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Lenamrie1979 View Post
Yes. I was one of 3 people that received it. He sent it to what he called his "chosen family". It has been forwarded to his immediate family so they have the answers to the questions they are both wanting and needing.

I prefer to keep the details of that letter close to my heart. I hope you understand.
Totally understand. Thanks for sharing as much as you have.
Old 02-20-17, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't know stp115 and have never interacted with him. But, very sad to read here that he was in so much pain that he chose to end it all. My condolences to anyone who was close to him.

I hope anyone here who is also going through some hard times personally or psychologically will try to get some help.
Old 02-20-17, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We are all so spread out and the numbers have dwindled so much in recent years that I think having a solid meet would be difficult.

A friend and I were in Halo 2 clan that started here on DVDTalk and we traveled up for a meet to Indiana way back when (it's been so long I can't remember the year). I do remember that Canis and xmiyux were there. I do not know if there are any other regulars that are still around here that came.

It was a blast of a weekend and I think everyone had a great time. Playing Halo, Rock Band ONE (to show you how long ago) and drinking lots of beer.
Old 02-20-17, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
It was a blast of a weekend and I think everyone had a great time. Playing Halo, Rock Band ONE (to show you how long ago) and drinking lots of beer.
Funny you bring this up. Sean is the only person my friends, family and myself know who can own the song "Handlebars" on Rock Band. No joke. I think the first time he did it (If I had to guess I would say Summer 2011) even the drummer stopped in his tracks. That's the day we all learned Sean could sing (and rap apparently!) and after that it was mandatory that he perform Handlebars at every Rock Band gathering.
It's a really great memory.
Old 02-20-17, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!

Well, damn.

So sorry to hear it.

Keep those fond, happy memories uppermost in your mind, Lena.
Old 02-20-17, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
So it really bums me (okay, it pisses me off), that people get banned from here for very subjective reasons, with Snake being the most recent casualty (Seriously, it was a stupid picture. Temporarily ban his ass, then let him back in for crying out loud). I can't speak on anyone here who may or may not rely on an online group of friends, but when they get banned for any reason, I can't help but wonder what it could possibly do, especially when they've had a daily presence here for years. I hope that moderators here take note that when actions like that are done, to fully consider what they do. It's a lot of weight for moderators, and a bit extreme, but it is within the realistic realm of potential possibilities.
This is off topic for this thread but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I'm not a mod here but I've gobs more experience with it than a sane person should be subject to. Assuming things are done here as other places - bannings are never taken lightly, done arbitrarily, or performed without consensus.
Old 02-20-17, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

RIP. Sending positive healing energy to his fam...
Old 02-20-17, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what its worth, i send his family, his friends, and this community my best wishes for strength and love. The loss of anyone is a loss for us all.
Old 02-20-17, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So sorry to hear this, and Lenamrie, I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through right now. I strongly suggest you seek a counselor if you haven't already, and address any lingering guilt issues. You clearly loved your friend, and should not torment yourself over any perceived failures on your part. Thanks for opening up here, and anything you feel should be kept to yourself is certainly understandable, no apologies or explanations are necessary. I hope and pray that all of his family and loved ones find peace and acceptance.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.