Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

If you die without ever sampling hard drugs, do you think you will regret it ?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 08-27-16, 07:13 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not a spring chicken anymore, i'm not old, but i can't party like i'm in my 20s anymore

I have never done any drugs of note, no ecstacy, nothing harder. Once i took a dexy and that was it (Just kept me awake)

Cocaine is obviously the party drug of the rich and famous. They take it because they want to raise the bar for pleasure. Getting laid is no longer a novelty because it comes so easy and alcohol is just too blah

Part of me (the stupid part) kinda wishes i experienced these kind of drugs at least once, the rest of me (the sensible part) is thankful for the great regular life ii have built for myself and dont want to fuck it up

Anyone else occasionally have thoughts like this or is it only me ?
Old 08-27-16, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: If you die without ever sampling hard drugs, do you think you will regret it ?

Never.

This needs a poll with a "Are you high?" option.
Old 08-27-16, 08:46 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 158 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: If you die without ever sampling hard drugs, do you think you will regret it ?

Not at all.

In fact, the older I get the more I regret every instance of clouding my mind with any substance, even alcohol. Life is awesome enough, I don't need drugs to fake-enjoy it.
Old 08-27-16, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Never have and never will. Don't you know that just touching a joint will get you addicted to marijuana forever!
Old 08-27-16, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Not at all.

In fact, the older I get the more I regret every instance of clouding my mind with any substance, even alcohol. Life is awesome enough, I don't need drugs to fake-enjoy it.
I enjoyed my college weekend drinking, and have the requisite cool stories (cool to me, anyhow), but I really don't see myself doing that ever again. For one thing, it would have to be a controlled situation with no driving. For the second, I just don't really care if I ever do it again. Hey, if I go to Vegas and can get loaded and stumble around, great, if not, no problem.
Old 08-27-16, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope
Old 08-27-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.
Old 08-27-16, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have nothing to regret. I use a schedule I drug every day. HARDCORE!!!!!
Old 08-27-16, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Life is awesome enough, I don't need drugs to fake-enjoy it.
Well put. This is it in a nutshell for me.
Old 08-27-16, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

Not at all.

Life is awesome enough, I don't need drugs to fake-enjoy it.
Exactly my feelings. Whenever people find out I don't drink or do drugs the first thing they ask me is if it's a religious thing like that is the only reason why people wouldn't want to do these things.
Old 08-27-16, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Nope. And I don't think I'd ever care to. I've got too much (good) goin on. Getting into hard drugs (or too much booze) would set me waayyy back. Also, I'm fat. Fat guys and hard drugs don't have a history of long life expectancy. Also, I've developed such a stable and stressless attitude, I wouldn't want to muck it up.

Looking forward to buying legal weed after it's voted in this November!
Old 08-27-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

What do you consider "hard" drugs? I think everyone should try Molly at least once. I may be doing some mushrooms later today at a pool party, so that should be fun ( my first time ). I stay away from the real hard stuff, like heroin and meth though.
Old 08-27-16, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, not even something that crosses my mind.
Old 08-27-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 183 Likes on 102 Posts

No. I'm too much of a control freak. I don't even like the pain medication I've been given for injuries.
Old 08-27-16, 11:27 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 158 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
Drugs can be really fun, not fake-fun, but honest to god amazing fun. I'm glad that I have done them, I am a better person for it. Don't spin that into me saying you're a worse person for not, because that isn't what I am saying, I am only speaking for me.

But if you're making judgments about things you haven't experienced, and people who have done something you haven't, you might want to reconsider.
No, I'm perfectly fine judging people who do things to impair their abilities. I work in an ER and have heard plenty of excuses like "but I wasn't planning to drive" or "if only I knew ahead of time my kid/spouse/neighbor would have an emergency" or bullshit like "but I drive better when I'm a little buzzed". I admit that perhaps I'm overly protective/paranoid, but I just don't see a benefit to society of any level of impairment.
Old 08-27-16, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Drugs can be really fun, not fake-fun, but honest to god amazing fun. I'm glad that I have done them, I am a better person for it. Don't spin that into me saying you're a worse person for not, because that isn't what I am saying, I am only speaking for me.
Old 08-27-16, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

But if you're making judgments about things you haven't experienced, and people who have done something you haven't, you might want to reconsider.
Everybody's different. Some people can handle these things, and have never had it be a problem. You have to admit that for some, the amazing fun has ended rather poorly.
Old 08-27-16, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

I've done ecstasy and it was amazing.
Old 08-27-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Are you looking at this thread to get some kind of justification to use drugs?
Old 08-27-16, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was reading an article in the new Rolling Stone about how The Beatles got into LSD during the making of Revolver and how it impacted them. So yeah, I kind regret never dropping acid once or twice.

But I never understand people who try the ones that are known to be highly addicting & deadly. Who goes "Heroin? Sure but just this once...."
Old 08-27-16, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 148 Likes on 113 Posts

I did pot & hashish in high school. Afterwards in the Navy would do pot occasionally on my time off. Later when I changed Navy jobs, and had to have a Top Secret clearance, I stopped completely. After I got out I went back to pot but very infrequently. I haven't touched it for 10 years now. Really don't feel that I need it.

And I don't really drink. I'll buy a six-pack if a recipe calls for beer but then five beers will sit in the fridge for months. In a blue moon I'll have a margarita. In fact, the last margarita I had was when Vibiana and I had a mini Otter meet.
Old 08-27-16, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a "friend" blow her crack smoke in my face, does that count?
Old 08-27-16, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

I won't regret it. I won't be able to, I'll be dead.

But seriously, no judgment about anyone else's choices - it just doesn't appeal to me in the least.
Old 08-27-16, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Nope.
Old 08-27-16, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it doesn't grow in the ground, put it down.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.