Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Seriously, does anyone enjoy dating?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Seriously, does anyone enjoy dating?

Old 08-20-16, 12:21 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously, does anyone enjoy dating?

So after me and my ex finally split up three months ago, I decided to try and get back into the swing of dating again. I might as well mention I really hate dating. My relationship with my ex(which lasted over four years) lasted longer than it should have because I really hate dating and honestly it's so hard to find someone it's hard to let them go. So far this has been my dating experiences:

Candidate number 1: Kind of cute girl. Not a beauty queen by any stretch but not bad looking. Early thirties girl with red hair. We go on a date and have some fun. She claims she's pansexual and after being with women for eight years wants to be with a man again. We hang out again but she decided to go back to her ex because she needs help paying the rent again and in her words her ex went down on her last week.

Candidate number 2: Nice girl I met online. Pretty successful and has a good job. We go out she says she's going to Texas to visit her friend. I don't text her because she said she would be gone through Monday. She texts me on Sunday and tells me that she thinks I'm not interested so good luck in my search. I tell her I was interested but didn't want to bug her on vacation. Text her twice after with no response. She then texts me back to tell me that she didn't think we had any chemistry and asks me what I think. I said I don't know because our date wasn't long enough and wanted to see how a second date goes. She says she agrees and will go out with me again but I didn't feel like wasting money on someone whos mind was probably already made up.

Candidate number 3: Pretty girl 29 years old. She's like everything I would want in a girl. Pretty, quiet and shy but nice. Shows up in a nice dress looking pretty. I pull out all the stops to charm her and it looks like it worked because the end of the date we were holding hands and making out. Typically I texted her every day and she responded. Then the following weekend goes by and we cant go out because I have to work. This weekend comes up and I'm hearing from her less. Text her Tuesday no response. Text her Thursday and I ask her what day she's free this weekend and don't get a response till around 8 P.M on Friday. She tells me she's sorry but doesn't think she can go out. I tell her that's ok and when she's free to go out again if she would like to go out again and get no response. So I guess that means she lost interest. Or something.

Seriously how could anyone enjoy doing this? It's expensive, you really only get to meet a new person and hope that it works it, and it seems like you have nothing but disappointment for every one moment that you actually might be lucky enough to have work out well.
Old 08-20-16, 12:32 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,929
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

The one thing about dating, as I get older, is that start to give less of a fuck with each passing date. If I can get my balls licked then I have succeeded. The thing is I'd have to go out with as many women as I can. It's a numbers game and it can get tedious, but I love women, so I must carry on.

As far as your candidates - yeah - I bet comfort was not developed as much. Always remember that the game is played in comfort. What did you guys do in each of those 3 dates? If you guys went to the movies or did something impersonal like that I can see how there would be no chemistry - and that will hurt your overall outcome.

Also, you may have come off as needy since you kept texting everyday. Once or twice is fine but daily? You should have a life even if you don't and assume she has one, as well.

Anyways, more info please.
Old 08-20-16, 12:36 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 7,935
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Fuck the dating game dude. Just get your dick wet. It's all the rage nowadays. Anybody dating today isn't going to find shit. Just go out with women and if you end up screwing the same night, you have succeeded. THAT is what leads to seconds 'dates' and eventually a relationship.
Old 08-20-16, 12:39 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 6,997
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

By 30 if they are still single there is a reason. Your job is to find out what the reason is and see if it is something you can live with... depressing when I type it out....
Old 08-20-16, 12:47 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,929
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Fuck the dating game dude. Just get your dick wet. It's all the rage nowadays. Anybody dating today isn't going to find shit. Just go out with women and if you end up screwing the same night, you have succeeded. THAT is what leads to seconds 'dates' and eventually a relationship.

Or this. I was actually equating "dating" with casual sex, so I agree with you.
Old 08-20-16, 02:21 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Nth Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,405
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

I hate dating. Really hate it. It feels like too much time, effort and money for what seems like playing the lotto with the odds of finding a good one being about the same, especially at my age (41).

I'm thankful my current gf was someone I've known for years, so once we started seeing each other we didn't have to do much of the dating nonsense.
Old 08-20-16, 06:34 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Vibiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 13,987
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

You heterosexuals are weird.
Old 08-20-16, 06:46 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,319
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Dating is overrated.
Old 08-20-16, 07:38 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,751
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Why are you dating? Blu can give you lots of good advice if you're just getting physical. Actually, if you're trying to get married, you still have to meet many women, and his advice is still good.
Old 08-20-16, 10:21 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,879
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

I always hear it's good to wait at least six months before dating.

Now, the big question. You say you and your wife split up three months ago. When was the divorce final?
Old 08-20-16, 10:29 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 17,059
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

In my 20s, being single was awesome. Women were throwing themselves at me.

I don't think I'd want to be single now, though. I feel like meeting people in my late 30s would be tougher.
Old 08-20-16, 10:50 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,876
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Since you rated their jobs and attractiveness, you should post your photo and tell us about what you do.

Only fair.
Old 08-20-16, 10:58 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,475
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Blu is right. Its a numbers game. So keep meeting as many women as you can.
Old 08-20-16, 11:17 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 47,433
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
The one thing about dating, as I get older, is that start to give less of a fuck with each passing date. If I can get my balls licked then I have succeeded.
Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Fuck the dating game dude. Just get your dick wet.
Old 08-20-16, 04:26 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,751
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
In my 20s, being single was awesome. Women were throwing themselves at me.

I don't think I'd want to be single now, though. I feel like meeting people in my late 30s would be tougher.
Dating in my mid to late thirties was great. By that age, a lot of available women have been in a bad relationship or two, and they have a lot better idea of what they want from a man. They no longer want a bad boy or an exciting party animal. Reliable guys with a car and a steady job start looking pretty good.

They are also a lot less likely to play games. At the end of a first date, one woman stroked my cheek and said, "You're a nice guy, but I don't feel chemistry between us, so I know that it isn't worth going on a second date." I thanked her sincerely, and moved on.
Old 08-20-16, 04:32 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 30,092
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

And when you're single and over 50 like me, you just wish you were a dog so you could lick your own balls.
Old 08-20-16, 04:39 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 22,336
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
So after me and my ex finally split up three months ago, I decided to try and get back into the swing of dating again. I might as well mention I really hate dating. My relationship with my ex(which lasted over four years) lasted longer than it should have because I really hate dating and honestly it's so hard to find someone it's hard to let them go. So far this has been my dating experiences:

Candidate number 1: Kind of cute girl. Not a beauty queen by any stretch but not bad looking. Early thirties girl with red hair. We go on a date and have some fun. She claims she's pansexual and after being with women for eight years wants to be with a man again. We hang out again but she decided to go back to her ex because she needs help paying the rent again and in her words her ex went down on her last week.

Candidate number 2: Nice girl I met online. Pretty successful and has a good job. We go out she says she's going to Texas to visit her friend. I don't text her because she said she would be gone through Monday. She texts me on Sunday and tells me that she thinks I'm not interested so good luck in my search. I tell her I was interested but didn't want to bug her on vacation. Text her twice after with no response. She then texts me back to tell me that she didn't think we had any chemistry and asks me what I think. I said I don't know because our date wasn't long enough and wanted to see how a second date goes. She says she agrees and will go out with me again but I didn't feel like wasting money on someone whos mind was probably already made up.

Candidate number 3: Pretty girl 29 years old. She's like everything I would want in a girl. Pretty, quiet and shy but nice. Shows up in a nice dress looking pretty. I pull out all the stops to charm her and it looks like it worked because the end of the date we were holding hands and making out. Typically I texted her every day and she responded. Then the following weekend goes by and we cant go out because I have to work. This weekend comes up and I'm hearing from her less. Text her Tuesday no response. Text her Thursday and I ask her what day she's free this weekend and don't get a response till around 8 P.M on Friday. She tells me she's sorry but doesn't think she can go out. I tell her that's ok and when she's free to go out again if she would like to go out again and get no response. So I guess that means she lost interest. Or something.

Seriously how could anyone enjoy doing this? It's expensive, you really only get to meet a new person and hope that it works it, and it seems like you have nothing but disappointment for every one moment that you actually might be lucky enough to have work out well.
You are looking for a serious relationship. Many women in your dating pool don't want one, they are perfectly happy with a series of casual relationships looking for a mythical Mr. Right.

You need to weed those women out. Use a serious dating site like eHarmony. Women that use eHarmony or other similiar higher end services are looking for substantial relationships, not casual flings.
Old 08-20-16, 04:53 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,315
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Date teenagers.

I'm joking, but not completely joking. While it's true that girls mature faster than boys, I also find they level off rather early. I have a motto: I'd rather date an 18 year old who knows she's 18, instead of a 36 year old who thinks she still is.
Old 08-20-16, 05:11 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Vibiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 13,987
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
At the end of a first date, one woman stroked my cheek and said, "You're a nice guy, but I don't feel chemistry between us, so I know that it isn't worth going on a second date." I thanked her sincerely, and moved on.
She probably saw Mrs. Danger hiding behind the living room curtains, cradling the shotgun.
Old 08-20-16, 05:19 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bunkaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Posts: 15,622
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
You are looking for a serious relationship. Many women in your dating pool don't want one, they are perfectly happy with a series of casual relationships looking for a mythical Mr. Right.

You need to weed those women out. Use a serious dating site like eHarmony. Women that use eHarmony or other similiar higher end services are looking for substantial relationships, not casual flings.
Can't stress this enough. Came out of a really long and long-dead relationship at age 40. Tried Match first, had one week long text exchange with a girl who eventually flaked and a bunch of other chats that went nowhere.

Got on eHarmony, within days I met my now wife. We had stronger compatibility after a few months than I ever had with my ex of countless years. Worth a shot.
Old 08-20-16, 05:28 PM
  #21  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

I enjoy the interaction. I enjoy the fucking. If the end game is to fuck.. then... well... damn straight I'm playing to put my dick in some pretty girl's pussy and asshole.
Old 08-20-16, 06:02 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,929
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I enjoy the interaction. I enjoy the fucking. If the end game is to fuck.. then... well... damn straight I'm playing to put my dick in some pretty girl's pussy and asshole.

My new signature right here.

Old 08-20-16, 06:15 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: the 870
Posts: 21,255
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

not me, then again I probably have social disorders
Old 08-20-16, 09:08 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,751
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
She probably saw Mrs. Danger hiding behind the living room curtains, cradling the shotgun.
I met Mrs Danger a couple years later. Besides, she doesn't feel threatened by other women.
Old 08-20-16, 11:30 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Home again, Big D
Posts: 29,211
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Seriosuly, does anyone enjoy dating?

Yes

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.