Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Weird ant problem in my house, anyone know what's going on?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Weird ant problem in my house, anyone know what's going on?

Old 08-03-16, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Weird ant problem in my house, anyone know what's going on?

Then whatever you do, don't watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo
Old 08-04-16, 10:47 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seven%Solution View Post
As soon as I read the OP, I started to itch. Made it through the entire thread, but still feel like I'm covered in the little fuckers.
Old 08-04-16, 11:27 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this thread is still going, I will add a story as to why I was extra paranoid when I had my recent ant problem. When I was a teenager we had an ant problem at our house. We would occasionally see them on the kitchen floor and after a whole they would be lining around around the edge of our dog's water bowl like a trough. So we sprayed and generally tried to keep the counters clean and whatnot.

So one day I pull a bag of Combos out of one of the cabinets. The bag had been opened, but folded over and the cabinet was closed. I sit down in front of the tv and start snacking. After a minute (and who knows how many Combos) my finger suddenly feels itchy. I look at it and see an ant crawling on it. Then I stupidly look into the bag of Combos -- that I had been mindlessly munching on for the past minute -- and it is SWARMED with ants. Like every individual Combo is just crawling with dozens of them.

I gagged and dumped it down the garbage disposal and probably used up half a tube of toothpaste in a five minute span. Mind you, maybe even that wasn't safe because not long after we even found them in the upstairs bathroom swarming around little globs of toothpaste in the sink. They are insidious little creatures and once you let them get a foothold they will then try to invade every square inch of your domicile. My parents found out about Terro (this was an older version that used arsenic) and within a week the nightmare that had plagued us for months was over.
Old 08-04-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks HN ... I looked away and fly landed on my screen. I didn't notice it until it jumped out of the fucking computer and scared the crap out of me. That's what I get for reading that damned clown thread first ...