Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The Disneyland/California Adventure Thread

Old 08-31-19, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The Disneyland/California Adventure Thread

https://ktla.com/2019/08/30/tsa-reve...source=twitter

The "Ban" was apparently reversed.

A TSA representative further clarified that “these items could reasonably be seen by some as replica hand grenades” but that the agency would continue to review the issue.

Well, that review is over, and it’s good news for Disney, which just opened the second Galaxy’s Edge location in Orlando on Thursday.

In a reversal, a TSA spokeswoman said in a new statement to CNN, “We have completed our review, and instructed our officers to treat these as an oversized liquid. Because these bottles contain liquids larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters), they should be put in checked baggage or emptied to be brought on as carry-on item.”

At $5.49, the bottles are one of the cheapest souvenirs available at Galaxy’s Edge. And they’re popular: Disney has limited guests to three bottles per transaction to prevent hoarding.
Old 08-31-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
That article is a goldmine. Too easy to make fun of people with too much money, paying $5.49 for what amounts to a round piece of plastic -- mass produced in the millions, which costs Disney less than 5.49 cents, I'm sure. Truly a sad state of affairs, when $5.49 is one of the "cheapest" things at the park! And stopping people from "hoarding" them? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. People with too much disposable money, and Disney Mental Illness really shouldn't be laughed at, for the sickness can be treated, like any other mental disorder.
Old 09-06-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
That article is a goldmine. Too easy to make fun of people with too much money, paying $5.49 for what amounts to a round piece of plastic -- mass produced in the millions, which costs Disney less than 5.49 cents, I'm sure. Truly a sad state of affairs, when $5.49 is one of the "cheapest" things at the park! And stopping people from "hoarding" them? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. People with too much disposable money, and Disney Mental Illness really shouldn't be laughed at, for the sickness can be treated, like any other mental disorder.
Jesus man. Again I ask..SHOW US ON THIS DOLL WHERE DISNEY TOUCHED YOU.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-06-19 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-10-19, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

East coaster here, wife and I plan to go out to CA this October around the 20th we've both been to Orlando / DW a bunch of times. How many days do you need to do DL? I want to do Galxys Edge and see the Nightmare Before Xmas / Haunted Mansion - bucket list to see the ride that way for a number of years now. Sounds like we should do Max pass, do I need a reservation for GE or is it free random at this point? This trip just came up as a thing so I haven't had time to do a lot of research as yet aside from reading this thread...
Old 09-10-19, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jpcamb View Post
East coaster here, wife and I plan to go out to CA this October around the 20th we've both been to Orlando / DW a bunch of times. How many days do you need to do DL? I want to do Galxys Edge and see the Nightmare Before Xmas / Haunted Mansion - bucket list to see the ride that way for a number of years now. Sounds like we should do Max pass, do I need a reservation for GE or is it free random at this point? This trip just came up as a thing so I haven't had time to do a lot of research as yet aside from reading this thread...
Galaxy's Edge has been easy to get into, but if you wanted to go into Oga's Cantina or Savi's Workshop, you might want to make reservations through the DL app.

If you're going to stay at one of the park hotels, take advantage of the special early hour park entry and you don't have to worry about the fast pass. I am an AP holder and typically get there at rope drop and can ride all of the major rides before the wait time gets to 30 mins. I was able to do both parks in a day, but that's with a plan and doing single rider when there is that option,.
Old 09-10-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

2 days with Maxpass will let you take it in at your leisure. Maxpass is as close as you can get to Universal Orlando's Express Pass (if you've been there you know how wonderful it is). While it's not necessary, it makes grabbing those fastpasses a breeze. We used it on our trip there last year and it was fantastic.

The other bonus with Maxpass is it includes all your ride and photopass pictures free!
Old 09-11-19, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's been almost 2 years since my wife and I last went so we are going for 3 days the first week of October. I've had 3 people at work ask me where I'm going on vacation and 2 said "oh are you taking your nieces and nephews" and 1 said "I didn't know you had kids". It's like nope we're just a couple of 40 year old adults who love going to Disneyland every year or two.
Old 09-11-19, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
It's been almost 2 years since my wife and I last went so we are going for 3 days the first week of October. I've had 3 people at work ask me where I'm going on vacation and 2 said "oh are you taking your nieces and nephews" and 1 said "I didn't know you had kids". It's like nope we're just a couple of 40 year old adults who love going to Disneyland every year or two.
Haha, we get this all the time. Wife and I love theme parks and go to Disney, Universal and Six Flags parks every year.
Old 09-11-19, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Haha, we get this all the time. Wife and I love theme parks and go to Disney, Universal and Six Flags parks every year.
Even if you had kids, you'd still get some of that. I did. "What, Disney again?" Though now that my kids are adults there's more of an awwww--that's so cool that your kids still go on vacation with you.
Old 09-12-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
Even if you had kids, you'd still get some of that. I did. "What, Disney again?" Though now that my kids are adults there's more of an awwww--that's so cool that your kids still go on vacation with you.
It's weird only if you're still doing matching family Disney shirts. As adults you should be Disney bounding by now..
Old 09-12-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
It's weird only if you're still doing matching family Disney shirts. As adults you should be Disney bounding by now..
I had to look up what that was, and though we don't do that, I'm skirting the edge of it. I'm having a lady on Etsy make me a custom Disney purse for our next trip (Electrical parade themed), and I've been eyeing some green and black striped fabric for some yet unimagined project that makes me think of the haunted house.
Old 09-13-19, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had to look up what that was, and though we don't do that, I'm skirting the edge of it. I'm having a lady on Etsy make me a custom Disney purse for our next trip (Electrical parade themed), and I've been eyeing some green and black striped fabric for some yet unimagined project that makes me think of the haunted house.
I like your style!

We'll be back in the parks the weekend/days before Thanksgiving this year. The Harbor Blvd motel prices are pretty high; a good deal more than in summer.
Old 09-13-19, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

With all of those Unofficial Disney days and such.. it spices things up a bit.