Reload this Page >

Stabbing victim pulls knife out of own neck, kills terrorist

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 03-10-16, 11:40 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

No, it's not from a movie. This really did happen. And all I can think of to say about it is... wow!

http://www.timesofisrael.com/stabbin...lls-terrorist/

Yonatan Azarihab, who was collecting money for charity, hospitalized in moderate condition after Petah Tikva attack

March 8, 2016

An Israeli man who was stabbed multiple times Tuesday afternoon in a terror attack in Petah Tikva managed to remove the knife from his neck and use it to stab and neutralize his attacker, aided by the store owner, police said.

The attacker, a Palestinian, died a few minutes later, police said.

The victim, later named as Yonatan Azarihab, an ultra-Orthodox man of about 40 who suffered multiple stab wounds to his upper body, was hospitalized in moderate condition.

The store owner was not injured.

The Palestinian assailant had followed Azarihab, who was collecting money for charity, into a wine shop on the central city’s Baron Hirsch Street and began stabbing him “multiple times” in the upper body in a “frenzied attack,” police said.

At one point, Azarihab managed to break away and fled the store, while the owner of the store hit the attacker and tried to subdue him, police said. The victim then returned to the store, pulled the knife out of his own neck, and stabbed his attacker.

Initial reports had said the stabbing may have occurred during an altercation; however, the incident was later confirmed by police as a terror attack.

Magen David Adom paramedics said they treated Azarihab at the scene before taking him to the city’s Beilinson Hospital.

Nati Ostri, a volunteer medic from United Hatzalah who also treated the victim, said he found the man lying on the floor outside a convenience store.

“Together with other volunteers of the Ambucycle Unit of United Hatzalah we treated the victim utilizing first aid treatment, following which he was taken to Beilinson Hospital in an ambulance. At the time of transfer the victim was conscious,” he said.
Old 03-10-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Stabbing victim pulls knife out of own neck, kills terrorist

Wow. Absolutely fantastic bravery on the part of Mr. Azarihab!

And of course, let's mention The Coward of the Pigs, or whatever his name was.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 03-10-16 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-10-16, 12:00 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 164 Likes on 124 Posts

When reached for comment the man stated simply, "I have a certain set of skills."
Old 03-10-16, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

This guy serious jumped up on the "people not to fuck with" list
Old 03-10-16, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 402 Likes on 297 Posts

I had fun reading the comments on the article.
Old 03-10-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts

Like a boss.
Old 03-10-16, 04:02 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[Schwarzenegger voice]
"I believe this belongs to you."
(stabs terrorist, turns to bystander)
"He was a real pain in the neck."
[/Schwarzenegger voice]
Old 03-10-16, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 191 Likes on 137 Posts

Ambucycle?

Cool!
Old 03-10-16, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 341 Likes on 199 Posts

Rule #1 of murder: Do not give your victim your weapon. Leaving it in their neck counts as giving it to them.
Old 03-10-16, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 309 Posts

Respect. Gets class bump to uber-Orthodox.
Old 03-10-16, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should stick to stabbing the 80-year olds. They've had better luck with that.
Old 03-10-16, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Average dude going about his business trying to help other; get's attacked. Stabbed several times and still kill the motherfucker that attacked him. Now, that is bad ass. Respect.
Old 03-10-16, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
They should stick to stabbing the 80-year olds. They've had better luck with that.
That's what American kids are really good at. Don't give the world any ideas and take away the skills of our children over here.
Old 03-10-16, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 469 Likes on 343 Posts

I'm confused as to how this is a terrorist attack ...
Old 03-11-16, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 402 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
According to the story, police later stated he was a terrorist. It doesn't say what they based it on. So, I dunno.
Old 03-11-16, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The man was ultra-Orthodox. He was being followed by his attacker (Abed El-Rahman Mahmoud Radad, 18 years of age) while he was raising money for charity. More than likely, the person knew what the charity was for, and also knew what religion this person was as being ultra-Orthodox is rather conspicuous.

There is basically a wave of stabbings been going on against anyone in particular key areas of Israel since October 2015. There was a stabbing of one person on March 8, where an American was stabbed to death. Several other stabbings have been going on, which don't make the news in the US due to our political priorities.

Also, it was said somebody actually saw the attacker before he began stabbing and yelled, "Terrorist!". You don't yell it unless you see it and once people hear you say that word, it's either run away, take cover, protect yourself, or all of the above. You do whatever you need to do. Period. No remorse.

These stabbings have mostly been initiated by young adults from the West Bank and are said to be focusing in central Israel locations for maximum effect.
Old 03-11-16, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure that yelling "terrorist!" is proof of terrorism, but in that area of the world, and considering the recent wave of stabbings, I guess the probability is pretty high.

And in the stabbing which killed the American, 10 other people were stabbed/injured. A musician playing guitar on the boardwalk tried to stop the attacker from fleeing, the guy tried to stab him and he wacked him over the head with his guitar, destroying it in the process. A local shop gave him a new one.
Old 03-11-16, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Chuck Norris approves.
Old 03-11-16, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 294 Likes on 226 Posts

That's not a knoife. This is a knoife.
Old 03-12-16, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 469 Likes on 343 Posts

So, that's a hate crime not a terrorist attack. The victim was deliberately targeted due to a specific characteristic (in this case religion). A terrorist attack is a large scale attack designed to inflict lasting disruptive terror on a populace, not necessarily to kill people (much less a person).

I guess it just bugs me that anything involving a Middle-Eastern ethnicity or non-Christianic religion is automatically labeled "terrorism."
Old 03-12-16, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well if this was an isolated incident yeah, but these stabbings have been occurring since last October and some have called it the "Knife Intifada", so it's definitely meant to spread fear amongst Israel's Jewish population. There are different ways to "terrorize" people and it doesn't have to be one large scale attack. Heck, you don't even have to kill/shoot/stab/injure people in order to "terrorize" them, ask the IDF or Shin Bet.
Old 03-12-16, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So, that's a hate crime not a terrorist attack. The victim was deliberately targeted due to a specific characteristic (in this case religion). A terrorist attack is a large scale attack designed to inflict lasting disruptive terror on a populace, not necessarily to kill people (much less a person).

I guess it just bugs me that anything involving a Middle-Eastern ethnicity or non-Christianic religion is automatically labeled "terrorism."
A terrorist attack is NOT large scale by definition nor is it a criteria.

Terrorists have been around for thousands of years, and many people these days only remember 9/11 or similar attacks which associate large scale involvement.

That's an exception.

The Paris Attacks. An exception.

Most terrorist attacks are done by the individual, who is inspired and trained by a local support group, who then reach out beyond their local community for any additional resources (explosives, weapons, ammunition, etc.).

Most individual terrorist attacks are not reported by news agencies. Why? It's so common, it's like reporting a car accident at a busy intersection.

I'll agree with you that when it comes to US terrorism, it's not properly identified and the US drags its feet when labeling anything because of fear a group will scream discrimination. We have many people, from across many different ethnic races, committing crimes which would technically count as domestic terrorism, but are just overlooked.

In Germany, we see the same problem, and a few other countries where they are afraid to label anything, even if it meets the criteria of terrorism.

However, we should remember that the word "terrorist" is very fluid and dynamic. What the US might call a terrorist, is another country's soldier. And to them, US soldiers in their area could be the terrorists killing their "soldiers".

In the US, we have the Oregon militia incident, which does fall under domestic terrorism laws (government resistance, government property damaged, a group which believes the government is the enemy--and a group does not have to dislike the entire US government...it could be the IRS or Bureau Of Land Mgmt.). Whether or not they are charged under domestic terrorism laws remains to be seen.

However, in Israel it's a different situation. Terrorism happens on a much different scale than Americans STILL have yet to experience. America is still protected by geographical location, which prevents a large number of opportunistic young men and women who would kill others and themselves.
Old 03-12-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, here, it might be debatable. Israel is full of Jews (its the dominate religion there) so I will argue it is to instill terror in the populace. Here, with 1-2% of the population, it would be a hate crime. "Evil raghead kills WASP" would be terrorism, as a large percentage of the population would be potential targets and therefore afraid.
Old 03-16-16, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weird thing with these knife attacks is when you watch the videos they go after people with guns.
It's like they don't look first, they are nearly always shot more.